Replies

• Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not by choice the all seem to end up there through the course of the night
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to keep my cats off beds.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My cat sleeps in the bed whenever she feels like it. (I call it "the bed" to preserve some dignity. It's really hers. Sometimes I even find myself knocking on the door when I get home. :cry: )

It is kind of gross but I'm ok with it, I just don't think about all the gross cat butt germs.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have 2 German Shepherds. The female sleeps on the bed but the male prefers his own bed on the floor.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    The new kitten is always on my neck, chest, head, face. It's a little annoying in a truly adorable and lovable way. He's so dang cute. The big cat didn't always get in bed but when she does, I like it. I miss her. She doesn't get a lot of bed time since the kitten came home.

It's all about the baby now.

orange-monkey-profile-300x294.jpg
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My cat, yes. Husband doesn't like it but has gotten used to it. Besides, I had her before I got him, so.....:wink:

I've never allowed dogs to sleep on our bed though. Different story while camping, however...
  • BrownEyedSister
    BrownEyedSister Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We have three Miniature Schnauzers. We got our first Schnauzer because my husband cannot stand pet hair and they shed very little if any. The first night we had him he slept peacefully and quietly in his little bed. The next night my hubby brought him into our bed and he's been there ever since.

We've since gotten two more Schnauzers and they too found a spot on the bed with us. Each of them is about 20 pounds and our queen sized bed is pretty full. But share? No, they aren't very good at sharing.
  • dknight36
    dknight36 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My dogs are too big to get into my bed... I would let them if there was room left for me though! lol
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    As if we could stop them. LOL! :laugh: We have 4 cats, and they ALL sleep with us. We usually wind up being unable to move because we're each pinned in by at least one cat, but we love them and wouldn't have it any other way. :heart:

We tried keeping them out once. One of my girls stuck her paw under the door and rattled it for almost an hour (while crying)....then my other girl (my smarty-pants) started jumping up and actually pulled the handle down (it was a "lever" door handle) and opened the door...she promptly walked over, jumped up on the bed, and looked at me like "don't you love me any more? *pout*". :laugh:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Even my kid hasn't ever slept in our bed.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    We actually had to buy our pitbull HER OWN CHAIR because she is such a bed hog. Now, I can hear her snores in the other room while I have a bed to myself.

482992_3323343101013_1192722493_n.jpg?oh=33f07b2834e2a134ccb3413dc8e35953&oe=54358FA2
  • TheHeathBar
    TheHeathBar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are typically 2 people and 3 cats on my bed. The only one that is a bother is our youngest who licks our face and hair when she comes to lay down on top of me. Her tongue feels like sandpaper, but I love her so she stays.
  • pnkpassion
    pnkpassion Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Of Course my puppy does!! It's almost her bed :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My cat and I have a ritual. He lays on my chest and I pet him for about 5-10 minutes, then he moves to my pillow and sleeps there for a while with one paw usually on my shoulder, purring. He then moves to the foot of the bed and sleeps there the rest of the night. He gets back on the pillow in the morning after the alarm goes off the first time.

My partner's cat sleeps at the foot of the bed after hauling small stuffed animals from the living room to the bedroom while meowing weirdly. Occasionally, he'll lay on her chest for a few minutes of petting before moving to her feet.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you share your bed with your pets? I do and even though I love my pit bull to death she is a HUGE bed hog! My cats are usually out at night but when they are in they are also in bed with us. Sometimes I get NO sleep but oh well, as long as my fur babies are happy!:laugh:

I have a friend who is downright disgusted by the idea of pets in her bed and tells me how nasty that is. LOL! Whatevvvvva!

I have three pitbulls myself, 1 very large pit and 2 "pocket pits", and they each have their own beds, in our bed room. So they don't sleep in the bed with us, but they do sleep in the room with us. :happy:

Even when they were puppies I wouldn't really have them sleep on the bed. I don't want them to get into a habit of thinking they can jump up whenever they want to. That and I live on 2 acres, so they run around a lot outside and roll around in the dirt or go swimming, so I wouldn't want to sleep with them lol.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Gross, no.

I'm sorry, who invited her?

(just kidding, boo.)
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Ditto. It's fine for other people, but not for me. My dog snores loud enough to wake the dead, so he stays downstairs.
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My dog has her own bed and sleeps in it next to our bed. However, in the winter time, she likes to get in our bed. We keep a sheet on top of our comforter for those nights. She is a 106 lb. lab and we have a queen bed....yes, my hips hurt but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep my staffy sleeps in my bed. Its a competition who can get to sleep first as we're both pretty loud snorers. She also likes to fart frequently & will give me a look of disgust before abandoning ship when its really bad.