Do your pets share your bed?

Options

Replies

• Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My cat loves curling up and sleeping at the foot of my bed. Then at silly o'clock, he'll make sure that me and him are sharing pillows (his way of waking me up!)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We used to allow our cats to sleep with us until one night, one of them was licking and cleaning himself. Apparently my sleeping self didn't like this so I reached over and hit the cat to make him stop. Only I didn't hit the cat. I hit my sleeping husband in the nuts and he was very rudely awoken. No pets have been allowed to sleep in our room since that fateful night. :blushing:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. My bedroom is off limits completely. I don't want dander in there because of allergies and who knows what the animals get into during the day. My cousin's dogs get ticks on a weekly basis despite flea and tick prevention. The thought of a dog rolling in its own poop in the backyard and then curling up in my bedsheets is gross to me. Not to mention. . . when you decide to be "intimate" with your partner. . . what do you do with the pet? Shove him off the bed? Kick him out and close the door? That would interrupt the moment.

I have never seen my dog roll in its own poop - this isn't something that healthy dogs or cats do.

My dog sleeps in the lounge at night, on her own blanket. But we let her in our bedroom and on top of our bed ( not IN the bed) at day break , and she often sleeps on top of our bed during the day.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. My bedroom is off limits completely. I don't want dander in there because of allergies and who knows what the animals get into during the day. My cousin's dogs get ticks on a weekly basis despite flea and tick prevention. The thought of a dog rolling in its own poop in the backyard and then curling up in my bedsheets is gross to me. Not to mention. . . when you decide to be "intimate" with your partner. . . what do you do with the pet? Shove him off the bed? Kick him out and close the door? That would interrupt the moment.

I have never seen my dog roll in its own poop - this isn't something that healthy dogs or cats do.

It has nothing to do with health. Some dogs roll in stinky things. Some dogs do not.
  • mcaila
    mcaila Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't share my bed with my dog. My dog generously shares my bed with me.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yup, the dog and cat snuggle together on my side of the bed.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    One of our cats sleeps with us most nights, and will even crawl under the covers if he gets too cold. I'm totally OK with it.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No. Not my master bed. I don't want fur in it. Nor does he get on the sofa. I don't want fur on it. I allow him on the bed in the spare bedroom, though.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Only when I take him on vacation with me. He's also a bed hog and has to be right up against me.
    Thankfully, he has is own bed and room at home.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go to my sister's house, her dog sleeps in my bed.

I don't even care that I'm allergic.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    The two that snore have their own room. They even go to it when we tell them "go to bed" My newest puppy sleeps in bed with us even though she is getting big and takes up about 50%. We've talked about trying to get her to sleep on the floor but I just don't have the heart. She sleeps on my pillow until I fall asleep then moves to the end of the bed.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you share your bed with your pets? I do and even though I love my pit bull to death she is a HUGE bed hog! My cats are usually out at night but when they are in they are also in bed with us. Sometimes I get NO sleep but oh well, as long as my fur babies are happy!:laugh:

I have a friend who is downright disgusted by the idea of pets in her bed and tells me how nasty that is. LOL! Whatevvvvva!

I read somewhere that the pittie is the largest dog that owners consistently let sleep in their beds. We have a rescued Am Staff (picture is in my profile photos) that is 70 lbs of love and is quite the snuggle-bunny. He usually starts out as the "hot dog", lying in between us and not taking up much room at all. By morning, however, he's more like the "hamburger" but, at least, he's at the foot of the bed so it's manageable.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    My lil cockapoo will start off in bed with us for her bed time treats and cuddles. She does however end up under the bed for sleeping. As soon as we stir in the morning she hops back up in bed with us for good morning cuddles.

[img]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/cmarcuz/Mobile Uploads/251549_10151020552036244_1091946774_n.jpg[/img]
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well my black lab always did until I got remarried and my new husband can't stand the thought of dogs sleeping in human beds. To compromise, we agreed the dog couldn't go in our bed but he can sleep in the kids beds.

So if my hubby is out of town and the kids are at my ex's, sometime I go sleep in the kid's bed with the dog since I sort of miss the presence of my fur baby, LOL.

Nice side effect of this arrangement...the kids bed gets all the dog hair and my bed is dog hair free!

ProfessionallookingpicofTerrell_zpsddb7efc9.jpg
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My dog use to sleep in my bed but now he's old and arthritic and can't jump up. I have a pillow with a blanket on it next to my bed for him. I love my furry son!
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! My 13 lb Miniature Schnauzer snuggles up in bed every night. I actually hate when I'm away because I don't sleep as well without her curled up against my legs. At first my SO didn't like the idea, but now he's just as attached to her as I am.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No way...pets are pets, they don't sleep in the bed or get on the furniture. I have found that the majority of my friends who own pets and let them sit on the furniture or sleep in the beds have smelly homes. They get used to the smell and it's the norm for them. That is obviously their choice but I won't have it in my home.

Umm, ok . . .

Your house might smell too and you don't realize it because you're used to it and it's the norm for you.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    @paulfischer - that's funny because I've done that many times. They seem to tolerate it, but one particular time was hilarious. All of a sudden you see the lump in the end of the bed start stirring and the next thing you know she comes bolting from under the covers gasping for air. It was a riot!

:laugh:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options

It has nothing to do with health. Some dogs roll in stinky things. Some dogs do not.

Maybe I'm just fortunate I've never had a pet who has done this then
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Well its kind of hard to snuggle with a fish tank... i might drown