Do i have the right to be upset?

Options

Replies

• laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1) I have to agree with everyone else that ask why he is bailing because he was in a fight with his mama it looks like he would be happy to leave home for the weekend.
    2) Not responding to your concerns or texint you back isn't OK
    3) Seems like he has some growing up to do since he still lives with mama and bails on you at the drop of a hat
    4) Just my thought.... I would find someone local that I didn't have to rearrange my schedule for and could see on a regular basis. And as someone else said. He's lying!
  • DireWolfCurse
    DireWolfCurse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hate long distance relationships because they simply don't work. Yes, some people have made them work and have gotten married and lived happily ever after. However, I've never met a couple that survived that way. I even have a good friend who lives in NC in the military, and he's been married to a woman whose family is in GA. They were facing divorce because the distance was hurting their relationship. People have trouble not seeing their SO regularly, and although the cliche "absence makes the heart grow fonder" may work for some, I've never known anyone that it worked for. If you are the type of person who needs to see your man on a regular basis, then it might be a good idea to find someone closer. Then again, nobody knows your relationship except you and your man. Keep in mind, though, that long distance relationships take longer to reach milestones, and they take longer to end when things don't work out, simply because it can take time to even get the chance to work it out face-to-face.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Hes totally a lying cheater.

For all those jumping to conclusions, you dont know what kind of relationship the OPs BF has with his mother.

norman-bates.jpg

Just sayin
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Story time!
    Knew someone (lets call her Ember) who bailed on a birthday party once because her and her SO had an argument. The b-day girl had moved in from out of state (across half the country really) and Ember was the only friend she had made locally. B-day girl loves birthday parties and all things related; cake, balloons, noise makers, etc. B-day girl had made special arrangements for her party, to not have the balloons that she loved out, as Ember has a phobia of balloons. The morning of the party the b*tch (Ember) bailed on coming. Other guests from the b-day girl's SO's work still came, but she didn't really know them. The one "friend" that caused normal plans to be changed, just so that she could participate, bailed. There are lots more stories of Ember and how she treated people like this regularly, but this seemed the most relevant to the thread.

People are people. Perhaps if a tiff with someone prevents your SO from seeing past their own short sighted mood then they might not be a great person to be with. Either the story he states of why he isn't coming isn't true and maybe there is room to find out what the real problem is, or he just isn't worth your time. That is what life has taught me at least. Good luck. :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    long distance relationships are terrible and you should break up right away
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You absolutely have the right to be upset. You worked hard to make it so you could spend the weekend with him, and not only did it disrupt your schedule, but it also disrupted another persons normal routine.

In reading some of the other posts I agree with most, but my initial take on the situation (while reading) was ok, understandable, if it was a HUGE blowout and he was really upset, maybe some alone time to decompress is a good thing. I know personally, that is how I handle similar situations. But then thinking about it a bit, he is telling you on Wednesday that he cannot come see you Friday for the planned weekend.... was it really that bad? Does he really need that much time to decompress? Then I thought maybe he was trying to be considerate because you had moved so many things, telling you with plenty of time so maybe you could get things back on track, not have to work evening shifts next weekend..... I can give the benefit of the doubt.... well until I read that he won't return your texts or calls, that just seems a bit odd. But wait, if he is really that ticked off over this blowup with his mom, maybe he doesn't feel like talking at the moment.

Give it till the end of the day, then if you still don't hear anything back from him, I would rethink the entire situation..... And is this the first time he has done something like this? You should really stop and think if there is anything else that has happened recently to set off some alarm bells.

Best of luck!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Also, I notice that it is people who have had the worst relationships that offer the most relationship advice.

How To Be Miserable 101.

^ truth, though in this case the dude sounds like a weeny

And he may very well be a weenie. :laugh:

But we have little information and a majority of people projecting.

People who have had people **** on them offer sound advice. I am now happily engaged to an amazing man. You're very quick to judge, asshat.
    sounds advice on how to deal with *kitten*. this could very well be a legit situation with a nice guy, we have nowhere near enough info to assume either way

you are very quick to judge her boyfriend, no?

Personally, the one person I'd want to be with would be my SO. I can't imagine a grown man being so upset by a fight with his mom that he would cancel a trip to see his girlfriend. Agree though that it's all guesswork here but my eyebrows are going up on this one, particularly since she changed work and he's not answering his phone.

Edit: typo. Damn phone. Agree on projecting though

Yep agreed,obviously all relationships are different and some people prefer alone time but speaking as someone who has been in a LDR communication is sooo important, probably even more so than when you are near each other. If he can't talk to you about stuff which he is upset about then you probably shouldn't be together any way.
    Based on the facts mentioned, the boyfriend certainly is a sh1tty communicator. And speaking as one who has been in a long-distance relationship, communication is key. Personally I think there's no room for drama queens in such a relationship, but if it survives being apart such long times, I think there's a really solid foundation built.

Another thing I think has no place in a long-distance relationship is selfishness like this boyfriend has displayed. It's not just about you and your feelings, but there's another person, who has to make quite a few arrangements. Often there are airports, transportation issues, etc. involved and perhaps even shift work to consider, so if one isn't prepared to bend a bit more than usually (yes, it's really nice and comfy to just withdraw and be alone when there's been a fight with someone, ain't it), the consequences can be considerable compared to if the couple live close to one another.

I hope you will have a nice weekend once the dust has settled a bit, OP.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    the amount of projection in this thread is ridiculous. have none of you ever wanted a weekend alone after having a sh*tty week? who the hell wants to spend 4 hours on a train in that kind of mood?

im not saying its 100% chance he's not lying, but jesus jump to conclusions much

Well he ignoring his calls. Maybe he is spending time with the boys so they can gather around drink and talk

A lot of people are assuming way too much but the past say a lot of people can be deceitful.

Every person is different though right? To show empathy just because If you were him and answer when your LD gf calls means that what you would do.
  • Chibukalu908
    Chibukalu908 Posts: 212
    Options
    Is he staying with his mom when he comes to visit you? Or does he stay with you?

If he stays at his mother's I could see it being a good reason to not want to come home, depending on what the fight was about.
    I'd still be pissed about the shift thing cause I understand the whole shift trade/night shifts thing but I would make the best of it and plan something else this weekend.

He lives with his mom for now and I have my own place.so he will be staying with me
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    He sounds immature, and possibly dishonest. Break it off now and save yourself further heartache.

yes what she said. very juvenile reaction and probably not true. good luck
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Did you actually tell him the trouble you went to? Because otherwise he has no way of knowing how inconvenient his cancellation was.

she clearly stated it in her post that she did and he ignored her calls and texts
  • Tanie98
    Options
    Did you actually tell him the trouble you went to? Because otherwise he has no way of knowing how inconvenient his cancellation was.

Why even reply to the thread if you aren't going to read the entire first post?

Pet Peeve: People that ask questions that are already answered had they just took the time to read before responding

strong this
  • Tanie98
    Options
    Sounds to me like the OP is a stage 3 clinger. He should break up with her.

but, what's her hotness level in relation to her clinger level??

I agree.how she clingy?i am assuming that's something you would do a well as you clearly see nothing wrong with it?
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wait, he texted you on Wednesday to say he wouldn't be seeing you on Friday because of a fight with his Mum?

Does he tend to sulk for a long time otherwise how does he know he will still be in a bad mood a few days later?

I don't get it...

this is why I call BS. Most arguments with my immediately family are resolved in a day or two. Also, I agree with others when it comes to getting away from his mom for a few days and if he lives with her, that not being a good sign. Not to mention the fact that he's ignoring your texts/calls. Based on my previous experience, you are likely to not hear from him again; unless it's to spill more lies.
  • DonnaMDaniels
    DonnaMDaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i agree somethng just doesnt sound right... i would be the one to "suprise" him as well.. that way you will at least get an answer
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Wait, he texted you on Wednesday to say he wouldn't be seeing you on Friday because of a fight with his Mum?

Does he tend to sulk for a long time otherwise how does he know he will still be in a bad mood a few days later?

I don't get it...

this is why I call BS. Most arguments with my immediately family are resolved in a day or two. Also, I agree with others when it comes to getting away from his mom for a few days and if he lives with her, that not being a good sign. Not to mention the fact that he's ignoring your texts/calls. Based on my previous experience, you are likely to not hear from him again; unless it's to spill more lies.

Just cause your fights are does not mean OP bf are over in a day or two. And she has the weekend off. Why does she not just go see him. At least you will find out where your relationship stands. That option would more likely piss him off even more though.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Options
    the amount projection in this thread is ridiculous. have none of you ever wanted a weekend alone after having a sh*tty week? who the hell wants to spend 4 hours on a train in that kind of mood?

im not saying its 100% chance he's not lying, but jesus jump to conclusions much

Seriously.

To everyone stating, "He's lying!" have you never had a fight with a loved one and been in a bad mood? Is that really so out of the realm of possibility?

A lot of people have had really bad relationships, and that is informing the advice they're giving.

Yeah, I do not understand the confusion people are having. If I am in a bad mood I want to be alone. I dont want to talk or see anyone, including my SO. It is therapeutic for me amd ensures that I dont say something that I will regret while upset.

So what happens if the relationship progresses into marriage? You can't just ditch your wife and kids just because you're in a bad mood...
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Options

I don't get it...

Just cause your fights are does not mean OP bf are over in a day or two. And she has the weekend off. Why does she not just go see him. At least you will find out where your relationship stands. That option would more likely piss him off even more though.

I agree that not everyone is the same, but this is not the only factor here.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    the amount projection in this thread is ridiculous. have none of you ever wanted a weekend alone after having a sh*tty week? who the hell wants to spend 4 hours on a train in that kind of mood?

Seriously.

To everyone stating, "He's lying!" have you never had a fight with a loved one and been in a bad mood? Is that really so out of the realm of possibility?

A lot of people have had really bad relationships, and that is informing the advice they're giving.

Yeah, I do not understand the confusion people are having. If I am in a bad mood I want to be alone. I dont want to talk or see anyone, including my SO. It is therapeutic for me amd ensures that I dont say something that I will regret while upset.

So what happens if the relationship progresses into marriage? You can't just ditch your wife and kids just because you're in a bad mood...

Guys night out.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Seriously.

Sure you can because your spouse will know you and how you are when you're in a bad mood. When I'm in a rotten mood for whatever reason my husband knows to back off and leave me alone.