Do your pets share your bed?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. My bedroom is off limits completely. I don't want dander in there because of allergies and who knows what the animals get into during the day. My cousin's dogs get ticks on a weekly basis despite flea and tick prevention. The thought of a dog rolling in its own poop in the backyard and then curling up in my bedsheets is gross to me. Not to mention. . . when you decide to be "intimate" with your partner. . . what do you do with the pet? Shove him off the bed? Kick him out and close the door? That would interrupt the moment.

I have never seen my dog roll in its own poop - this isn't something that healthy dogs or cats do.

It has nothing to do with health. Some dogs roll in stinky things. Some dogs do not.

Maybe I'm just fortunate I've never had a pet who has done this then

My first dog would get this glazed over look in her eyes, almost like she was high, then she'd start rolling around in the grass. There was always a dead mole or a mouse where this was happening. Blech. The worst was the dead fox. I went to scratch her on her chest and got a handful of nastiness. So yeah, you're fortunate!
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my 8 lb. rat terrier. If I'm not careful she'll find a way to hog the bed...lol
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well its kind of hard to snuggle with a fish tank... i might drown

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    All 3 of my dogs share the bed with my husband and I. My yorkiepom and pomeranian don't take up much space, but the english bulldog thinks she is the queen of the bed and makes sure she has plenty of space for herself. lol

Love my animals and wouldn't have it any other way.
  • maryanndambrogio
    maryanndambrogio Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    oh yes indeed he is small my dog.. so cute and i adore this dog .. he keeps me company and showers me with so much love:heart::heart: :smooched: all the time when i come home from my appts or go out for a walk with my best friend shopping... he is such good company.... there is nothing wrong with loving your pets and letting them sleep on the bed.. because when your sick they know and try to comfort you and keeping you warm.. and stay with you until your better... days when your sad they always find a way to cheering you up.... this is love and compassion from your pets.... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • maryanndambrogio
    maryanndambrogio Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    oh yes indeed he is small my dog.. so cute and i adore this dog .. he keeps me company and showers me with so much love:heart::heart: :smooched: all the time when i come home from my appts or go out for a walk with my best friend shopping... he is such good company.... there is nothing wrong with loving your pets and letting them sleep on the bed.. because when your sick they know and try to comfort you and keeping you warm.. and stay with you until your better... days when your sad they always find a way to cheering you up.... this is love and compassion from your pets.... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • 2loosegoose
    2loosegoose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My two cats were adopted in Houston, Texas and lived there till they were 2 years old. We then moved to Far East Russia where we have up to 6ft of snow almost 5 months of the year. My one cat has now taken to sleeping under the covers next to me, with her head against my pillow when it get's really cold. Yes, people are disgusted but they are my furry friends. They love me unconditionally and l love them back. So, you go ahead and love your babies where and when you want. At least they don't snore like most husbands do!!
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am a total dog lover and absolutely they are in the bed. I understand that not everyone has that same feeling so I respect that. The thing that makes me craziest is when someone says that their dog is too big to be in the bed. I'm 5'8" and over 300 lbs... so I guess I should be sleeping on the floor too, huh???
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    The cats? Yes, if they can get along. Throw in the hyper dalmatian. ..no thank you. The bed is big, but I have kids and it's like a frat house around here, you never know who you're going to wake up next to! :laugh:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No pets allowed in my bed!

I don't have any pets anymore, but when I did, that was my policy. They are animals no people so they should have their own place to sleep.

My husband is not a pet person so he never allowed the dogs inside the house either. We had a nice dog run and a special place set in the garage for them but I was the only one taking care of them.

We had two cats that were indoor animals but they were not allowed in any bedroom unless we were there, and certainly not on/ in the bed. All the bedrooms were closed when we left the house so they stayed in the family room and the couch was covered with a sheet to avoid pet hair and dandruff.

We realized that pets were too much work and tied us down so when they went to pet heaven we decided to go pet-less. Besides, one of my daughters in law has severe allergies to pet's hair and I started to develop allergies as well. So no more pets for us.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My 65 pound english bulldog tries, but I can't let him. He gets a little...gassy. So it's the couch for him.
  • kdhamner
    Options
    My 65 pound english bulldog tries, but I can't let him. He gets a little...gassy. So it's the couch for him.

My english bulldog will fart, look at me, lay her head back down, and act as though nothing happened. Her farts are horrible - and since I have a fan that blows on me - they blow right in my face. Awful, awful smell, but I can't kick her out. She's my baby.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Ha. Mine will fart and look at me like I did it! I love him to death but I need to breathe.
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We have two. One sleeps in the bed every night, under the covers. One will hop up maybe 20% of the time, mostly when she gets scared.

The one that sleeps under the covers hates being dirty, so at least I've got that going for me.

Both are around 60 pounds.
  • kdhamner
    Options
    Ha. Mine will fart and look at me like I did it! I love him to death but I need to breathe.

*Giggle* Their insides are definitely rotten!
  • Agent__J
    Agent__J Posts: 39
    Options
    No way...pets are pets, they don't sleep in the bed or get on the furniture. I have found that the majority of my friends who own pets and let them sit on the furniture or sleep in the beds have smelly homes. They get used to the smell and it's the norm for them. That is obviously their choice but I won't have it in my home.

Umm, ok . . .

Your house might smell too and you don't realize it because you're used to it and it's the norm for you.

Acutally my house does smell...it smells fresh and clean! Because I clean it weekly and I am a neat freak. I also have air fresheners in every single room and I am the only one that lives there so when my friends come to my home they comment on how clean it is and how good it smells, so yeah that is my norm.
  • Girlg0yle
    Girlg0yle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    One of my cats likes to sleep at the foot of my bed, the other sleeps in my son's room pretty much wherever she likes...ya know...cat
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. My bedroom is off limits completely. I don't want dander in there because of allergies and who knows what the animals get into during the day. My cousin's dogs get ticks on a weekly basis despite flea and tick prevention. The thought of a dog rolling in its own poop in the backyard and then curling up in my bedsheets is gross to me. Not to mention. . . when you decide to be "intimate" with your partner. . . what do you do with the pet? Shove him off the bed? Kick him out and close the door? That would interrupt the moment.

I have never seen my dog roll in its own poop - this isn't something that healthy dogs or cats do.

It has nothing to do with health. Some dogs roll in stinky things. Some dogs do not.

Maybe I'm just fortunate I've never had a pet who has done this then

My first dog would get this glazed over look in her eyes, almost like she was high, then she'd start rolling around in the grass. There was always a dead mole or a mouse where this was happening. Blech. The worst was the dead fox. I went to scratch her on her chest and got a handful of nastiness. So yeah, you're fortunate!

Oh my dog has rolled around in smelly stuff like fertiliser on plants. We give her a bath if she does this.

But usually there are no smelly things in my small garden and she isn't anywhere else unleashed so doesn't get any opportunities elsewhere.

But have never seen her, or any other dogs I've had, roll in their own poop - which you said in first post and to which I was referring.