Can't give up alcohol - started replacing meals with beer...

167891012»

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    OP - how old is your pic...you look malnourished. Just concerned. Not trying to flame you.

How old is your pic? You look like a young child dressed as superman

Read first few pages; skipped to last page to see how badly the thread had degenerated. Only to find this gem!

Funniest thing I've seen on MFP in some time. Well done, OP! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • aaamberxx
    aaamberxx Posts: 34 Member
    I don't know why there are rude people, but I understand where youre coming from! A drink or two after work is awesome!
    I recommend switching to a hard liquor, they even make low cal vodka that's still strong, and mix it with a diet pop or soda water. Just as good :)
  • Using a few drinks in the evening to help her unwind doesn't mean the OP is an alcoholic. Armchair diagnosing illness helps no one.

That said, upping your calorie allowance to allow for booze seems like the best bet to me. And don't drink crap beer. Nursing a single well-made drink can go a long way.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    I don't have a drinking problem but I do need a drink to help with my other problems...

Only alcoholics say they don't have a drinking problem.

Do you have a drinking problem?

Nope, I've never had a drink in my life :smile:

So if I say I don't have a drinking problem that means I'm an alcoholic too?
  • shands1
    shands1 Posts: 9 Member
    beer = carbs. so have a light beer with chicken. srs.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    You know, I'm not going to judge you. I did this in my 20s. I am a bartender and see every other college age girl who comes into my bar doing the same thing. I still drink just not getting plastered on a regular basis like I once did. I just exercise more so that I can have a TDEE and not worry about a few drinks a couple nights a week. I can also eat more foods. I was on 1300 and booze for dinner pretty much my entire 20s. I was thin and unhealthy. But really, just get through this stage in your life, exercise a bit more and eat a bit more food. I understand where you are coming from and while I don't condone it, I get it because I've been there, done that.

P.S. I lost all my weight and put on all my muscle without counting my alcohol in my calories. I'm magical like that. :laugh:
  • v6s30
    v6s30 Posts: 43

Thank you - I have no time to add exercise though. I work 6 days a week from 8am until 6pm at the moment! My job is pretty active though as I work with kids.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    I don't have a drinking problem but I do need a drink to help with my other problems...

Only alcoholics say they don't have a drinking problem.

Do you have a drinking problem?

Nope, I've never had a drink in my life :smile:

Then your argument is invalid because you have no idea what you are talking about. Like a virgin trying to describe sex.