Any c25k newbies?

Options

Replies

• cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for your messages, I've been away for the day so didn't reply lubylu! I hope your run went well!
    Mine was fantastic, I dropped the pace at the start and just kept going, listening to some good tunes and I was surprised how easy it was as I was very daunted when I saw this at the start.
    My approach to it has been don't get disheartened, really struggled with week 4 kept repeating it over and over until I finished it three days in a row, but I didn't let it get me down as I was doing something, even if I stopped halfway through that last interval.
    One thing being on here for a few days has taught me is to drop the pace. I was running at quite a high pace as it felt natural. Dropping the pace for week five day three made it a lot easier.
    Thanks to all of you and good luck. Feel free to add me or message me if it gets tough, or celebrate when you've done a tough one!
    They're all tough though at times :-)
  • lubylu37
    lubylu37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I DID IT .... I DID IT .... :laugh:

I was dreading the w5d3 20 min run but I plugged myself into some tunes and went for it, phone went in the back pocket to vibrate when I needed to start and stop, however towards the end of my run it buzzed, so I thought it was reminding me I was half way through, I kept going, then decided to look at the app and it said I was 2 mins into cooldown :grumble: so I actually ran for 22mins.

I was worried about this one but now I can look forward to week 6 and know that I can do it .... BRING IT ON!

I was so happy, I only started this as my asthma has come back after 25 years and I'm not happy about it, so anything I can do to make myself fitter I'm happy with, I'm really starting to enjoy running which I thought I would never say ...but it's true. Also half a stone off too, so I'm really chuffed!

Mind over matter.

Keep going C25k runners .... you can do it ... I'm living proof. :happy:
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well done all those who have challenged and overcome your fears/ concerns.

Drop the pace and don't let your head mess with your progress. The aim at this stage is to keep going. Everyone who is up and about is doing better than everyone who cannot or will not try it. I wish you all success on your journeys.
  • MoreMurch
    MoreMurch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I start mine tomorrow actually and will give updates.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    I start mine tomorrow actually and will give updates.

Good luck
  • cookiegy
    Options
    I DID IT .... I DID IT .... :laugh:

I was dreading the w5d3 20 min run but I plugged myself into some tunes and went for it, phone went in the back pocket to vibrate when I needed to start and stop, however towards the end of my run it buzzed, so I thought it was reminding me I was half way through, I kept going, then decided to look at the app and it said I was 2 mins into cooldown :grumble: so I actually ran for 22mins.

I was worried about this one but now I can look forward to week 6 and know that I can do it .... BRING IT ON!

I was so happy, I only started this as my asthma has come back after 25 years and I'm not happy about it, so anything I can do to make myself fitter I'm happy with, I'm really starting to enjoy running which I thought I would never say ...but it's true. Also half a stone off too, so I'm really chuffed!

Mind over matter.

Keep going C25k runners .... you can do it ... I'm living proof. :happy:
    Fantastic - it's a great achievement and I'm glad you're so pleased! I'm enjoying it too, words I never thought I would say, and I'm even looking forward to the next run! After W5 day 3, I'm not daunted by any of it and know I'm going to do it. I know you will too.
  • staceyrcox75
    staceyrcox75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished w2d1. I really wasn't sure if I could do it the extra 30 seconds of running, but I did it no problem!! For me it was easier than w1d1, which took me a few tries to actually make it through.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Week 5, day 1 done. Using the nhs podcast, this one's not too hard (three five minute runs, two three minute walks sandwiched between.)

I signed up for a 5K at the beginning of September: if I don't screw up, I should be able to do it, right?
  • cookiegy
    Options
    And if you do screw up or can't finish today or tomorrow you'll do it the next week!

As long as you're doing some exercise you'll feel better, then you'll improve and then you'll complete it.

All the best to you!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    If I can do it, then I have confidence in the people posting here can do it.

C25k completed today, finished up with going longer today to get a 5km done in 32min24sec. Given that I started 8 weeks struggling to keep going for 5 mins, what a result. It truly is mind over matter!

Keep going people, you will succeed.
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Ok ... this is going to sounds really childish ... I know ... just let me be self indulgent in my wallowing ....

I've made the decision to become more healthy, eating and exercising and I feel I'm doing really well, I'm feeling great and losing weight to boot! Which is fab but I work EXTREMELY hard for every 1/2lb, 1/4lb loss. My husband has decided to do the same thing (which is fabulous!) but he loses weight so much easier than me and has lost 6lbs in a week and will continue to do the same every week (cos that's what happens to him) which really gets to me cos he only has to look and the treadmill and weight drops off him!! :mad: I'm only jealous ... I know everyone is different blah blah blah but this is one of the reasons why I gave up last time cos I could see the difference in him so quickly and couldn't see anything in myself grr. Hate feeling like this and need someone who I don't know to tell me how ridiculous I'm being!!!

I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE IN THIS TIME .... I'LL GET TO MY GOALS .... (ONCE i'VE PULLED MY HEAD OUTTA MY AR@E!)

Phew .... feeling better already

Week 6 Day 2 tomorrow ....
  • cookiegy
    Options
    Haha! Feel free to vent, that's what we're here for! And your husband is obviously a selfish person for losing weight quicker than you! What is he thinking?
    Keep going, you'll do it :-)
  • celticmyst08
    celticmyst08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    W4D2 tonight! I thought I was going to die doing the 3/5/3/5 running on W4D1 but I made it! I didn't stop during any of the running and even though I slowed down to a crawl by the end, I still did it. I couldn't stop smiling at the end. I know it's only going to get harder but I haven't run for 5 minutes straight since I was in high school, so it feels like a huge accomplishment. :D
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm on W3D3.

I completed the program in 2011, but life happened and working out stopped, so I'm back at it, for good! Any C25Kers, feel free to add me!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 this morning and it seemed easier than week 2. Hope it stays like that. Anyone can feel free to add me as well.
  • lubylu37
    Options
    WTG! Well done.

It's a great feeling when you accomplish something you were not looking forward to, believe me I've had a few of them recently.

Good luck everyone for the next one.

Feel free to add me too ... I might need it now I have competition in the house :laugh:
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Haha! Feel free to vent, that's what we're here for! And your husband is obviously a selfish person for losing weight quicker than you! What is he thinking?
    Keep going, you'll do it :-)

Thank you!! That's exactly what I thought ...selfish :wink:

I know I'll do it, just didn't want or need any competition, it's only because I'm very competitive and like to win so doing it on my own is good, doing it with someone else who loses faster than me and can run further too (bearing in mind he only started running on Friday!) makes me gumpy :grumble:

Darn it! :ohwell:
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Starting my Journey... TODAY!!!! W1D1 completed. Wish me luck...
  • vlm1110
    vlm1110 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started last week. Excited about my run tonight.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Starting my Journey... TODAY!!!! W1D1 completed. Wish me luck...

Good luck, the plan works if you follow it, don't miss things out, don't add things in and don't run too fast. Can you hold a conversation? If not you are going too fast!!.

More importantly than luck, have fun!!:smile: