Any c25k newbies?

Options

Replies

• VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D2 last night! Looking forward to my next run tomorrow!
    I may repeat this week if I struggle... but I plan on graduating. Never give up.
    Running a 5K is something I'm really wanting to do.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I repeated lots of days and kept going. Think I was running too fast but those repetitions didn't faze me too much.

As long as I was doing something it was an improvement,Finished W6D3 today.

You'll get there no matter how long it takes.
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a question - I started 4 weeks ago and was really good but have not had a good 2 weeks and missed most my training (work, torrental rain on my run days etc). Tried to start again where I left off (week3, day 3) but struggled and walked most my jog bits. Not sure if i should just start again from begining or maybe go back to beg of week 3 or even week 2...any advice?
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had to stop at week three as I got injured and started again from the beginning but that was two months later.

If it's too difficult then go back to the week that you can do, it may feel like a setback but it isn't, as you'll be putting the miles in and will achieve it.

Then you can nail it.
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will go abck to W2D3 and see how I get on.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Did W6 Run1 today, after successfully doing the 20min run of W5 Run 3 on Monday. Strangely, I found today's run more of a stuggle but did manage it! I was nervous about running the 20 mins non-stop but I did slow my pace down & when I stopped I felt I could've gone on a little further.

Not feeling so daunted by the longer run at the end of W6 now!

My partner (who's pretty fit already) has been very supportive and often rides alongside me & offers encouragment & says how well I'm doing!! It always seems to go much easier when he's there! :)
  • tucky3203
    tucky3203 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    moving up to week 4 today. I have completed it in the past, but stopped running while I was pregnant, now getting back into it again. Good luck! Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • lubylu37
    lubylu37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did W6 Run1 today, after successfully doing the 20min run of W5 Run 3 on Monday. Strangely, I found today's run more of a stuggle but did manage it! I was nervous about running the 20 mins non-stop but I did slow my pace down & when I stopped I felt I could've gone on a little further.

My partner (who's pretty fit already) has been very supportive and often rides alongside me & offers encouragment & says how well I'm doing!! It always seems to go much easier when he's there! :)

Well done Snoringcat that's great, I've just done w6d2 today and was struggling a little just didn't feel right, my legs felt tired. Think I'll leave it a little longer before I do w6d3 as I need to muster the energy to get through the 22mins.

Good luck for your next run.
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K yesterday. Today I will be doing W1D2. Before I started yesterday I was really afraid because I had trouble running to the mailbox and back to the house (only a few car lengths). After I finished my workout yesterday I felt so accomplished!!! Anyone have good advise on running socks? I have good shoes but have yet to invest in some good socks and need to make a purchase.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K yesterday. Today I will be doing W1D2. Before I started yesterday I was really afraid because I had trouble running to the mailbox and back to the house (only a few car lengths). After I finished my workout yesterday I felt so accomplished!!! Anyone have good advise on running socks? I have good shoes but have yet to invest in some good socks and need to make a purchase.

Your body gets stronger on the rest days. You should use the programme on alternate days and have an extra days rest at the end of the week. Although you may not need it now, you will later on. Get in the habit of resting and looking forward to the next session. Doing too much too early is likely to lead to injuries. You might be lucky but getting to 30mins/ 5km is not a race in itself. The uninjured fully rested athlete is the one who will reach their goals first. YMMV.

With socks I just use regular socks no issues.

I wish you success
  • lisahm777
    Options

I felt the same way!! W5:d3 seemed so much easier than w6:d1. I'll be starting week 7 when I run next on Friday. I can't wait!!
  • lisahm777
    Options

If I don't wear moisture wicking socks (any brand will do for me!!) I get blisters.
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D1 today. Went outside for the first time since I started the program. I ran in a park that was unfamiliar to me. Finished my workout without difficulty. Thought the running path was a loop. Turns out it wasn't and I was over 2 miles away from where I parked my car. So I had to go back 2 miles in the opposite direction just so I could leave. So I figured I would run to get me there faster (even though I run so slowly). Was able to do 2 more 5 minute runs and then briskly walked the rest. I am sore but excited for W5D2!! Stupid park!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D1 today. Went outside for the first time since I started the program. I ran in a park that was unfamiliar to me. Finished my workout without difficulty. Thought the running path was a loop. Turns out it wasn't and I was over 2 miles away from where I parked my car. So I had to go back 2 miles in the opposite direction just so I could leave. So I figured I would run to get me there faster (even though I run so slowly). Was able to do 2 more 5 minute runs and then briskly walked the rest. I am sore but excited for W5D2!! Stupid park!

Well done. I either use google maps or the map my route function in strava (web version) to check out unfamiliar routes before I embark on any. I have an idea of how far I need to go to meet the warmup, run, walk and cool down cycles and keep varying routes until I get close to the right distance.

Hope it helps
  • Nessie112
    Nessie112 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Planning on starting soon! As soon as I stop procrastinating that is XD
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am ready for Week 4! Had to take a few days off due to intense pain in my right hip. Was very discouraged with that "bump" in the road, but now have new running shoes and learned that I should probably be running on a turf track instead of pavement. I take Tamoxifen, a medication to help prevent a recurrence of breast cancer, and it is notorious for messing with the joints. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet, so back out there I go! i have my mindset right now just need my body to cooperate.
  • ColourfulFiasco1
    ColourfulFiasco1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and thus far it's been fairly easy for me to make the transitions between weeks, but man…week 4 looks a lot more daunting than week 3 seemed.
  • Tiredtummum
    Tiredtummum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've just finished Wk 1 and also strangely excited about Wk2! Glad to hear there are lots of you on the programme too as I am running with my dog and lovely as he is, he lacks in team talk and motivational speech!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 completed today. It was a toughie after a week of no running (holidays and slacked off) Hot temps made it a struggle but I made it!!! My body was pained though once I started my cool down. All I could say was holy *kitten* once it kicked in. All good now though and off to ribfest with the kiddies. I think I earned it ;) LOL
  • lubylu37
    lubylu37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 completed today. It was a toughie after a week of no running (holidays and slacked off) Hot temps made it a struggle but I made it!!! My body was pained though once I started my cool down. All I could say was holy *kitten* once it kicked in. All good now though and off to ribfest with the kiddies. I think I earned it ;) LOL

FANTASTIC ....Well done you!

Week 8 is looming and I'm really not looking forward to it ... mind you ... I felt like this about W5D3 and managed it so I'll just keep plodding on.