Do your pets share your bed?

1234568»

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Cats sleep on the bed, dog sleeps on the floor but jumps on the bed for morning snuggles...
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    My dog sleeps in the bed which is something I regret. I get tired of getting a poor nights rest when I have to wake up early for work because a $#@E dog hogs the space and lays all over my legs. Also, I get really tired of all the fur everywhere, he's a Shetland sheepdog. Even when I wash the comforter it's furry a couple days later -_- Even if I shove him off, he hops back up a few seconds later. He won't take no for an answer. I guess it's my fault for allowing that in the first place. But I've learned my lesson, my next dog there will be a strict no dogs on bed or couch policy!
  • dhall2011
    dhall2011 Posts: 209
    Not anymore. Too many times of being woken up all through the night. Not that it matters right now....speaking of insomnia....
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    My dog sleeps in the bed which is something I regret. I get tired of getting a poor nights rest when I have to wake up early for work because a $#@E dog hogs the space and lays all over my legs. Also, I get really tired of all the fur everywhere, he's a Shetland sheepdog. Even when I wash the comforter it's furry a couple days later -_- Even if I shove him off, he hops back up a few seconds later. He won't take no for an answer. I guess it's my fault for allowing that in the first place. But I've learned my lesson, my next dog there will be a strict no dogs on bed or couch policy!

Is your dog food or toy driven? I taught mine, with food treats, that he is only allowed on the bed when I give him the ok command. It took about a week of training, but it stuck. No way I could get a good night sleep with a kicky dog in the bed! I'll sometimes take short little naps with him during the day, but not at night. Now, when it's time to sleep, I point to the ground and say "bed" and he jumps down, hops in his bed on the floor, which is positioned where he can see me, and stays there. My dog is so food driven that it's been a snap training him to do a bunch of stuff. He came to us knowing how to sit and to shake hands, and now knows bed, down, roll over, stay, heal, chase the ball and bring the ball back to us (that was a tough one!).

imagejpg1_zps76e80045.jpg
  • nope because they live in water
  • diespel
    diespel Posts: 700
    True Story: During the Ice Storm of 1998, I lost power for a week but was determined to sleep at the house, just me and my 5yr old Golden Lab who had been trained as a pup not to jump on the bed.
    Well, around day 6, the nights were getting colder and with no other blankets available turned to Sam and called him to me. Wagging his tail, he came to the edge of the bed and despite my best efforts to get him up on the bed, he looked at me as if to say "this is a trick right?" Well thanks to great training I froze my *kitten* off the last two nights.
    Flash forward 4 years and I would come home to routinely find his hair and outline of his body on my bed!....somethings just take time to learn I guess
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Nope. I LOVE my dog with all my heart. But he has his own bed in our room. He can't be on the furniture either. He's a pit mix and big and sheds nonstop. Plus its myself and my 6ft 2in 250lb fiance in our bed with my 2 year old daughter who invades every night and I just found out I'm prego. So there's no way. Our old cat did when we first got her (she was a only pet then, a kitten to young to be from her mom and she fell in love with my fiance) but she grew out of that on her own.