Drunk rant about women

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's not a lie, it's just how most women like to present themselves when going out to meet a man, and sometimes just going out of the house period. If he wants a low maintenance woman, I'm sure he can find one, there are plenty of us still out there. But I'll bet it's mostly the alcohol and bitterness talking and he'd still chase after women wearing make-up, push-up bras, heels, etc.

The night I met Hubs, he had a goatee (which is still the look I prefer on him) but when he picked me up for our first date, his face was clean shaven. Was that a lie? No, it was just a slightly altered look. He was still cute. :)

P.S . I had to laugh about the sweatpants comment. Sometimes it does make the package more obvious.
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents -

I'm 30 and have been going grey since about 15. I don't hide the fact that I color my hair and don't care if people know that I'm grey. I color my hair because it makes me feel better in public. I can't wear makeup because I'm allergic to most any makeup. I'm low maintenance as far as clothes and hairstyles. I go for comfort. I wear heals to weddings, funerals, and job interviews. I put my hair in a ponytail when necessary, otherwise it's down. Personally, I don't understand the whole spending 2 hours thing getting ready just to go out to dinner. I can't afford to do that. I work full-time, go to school full-time and have 3 kids. Those are my priorities. When I met my husband, I looked exactly like I did on any given day of the week. I didn't dress up to impress him, and he didn't either.

I look at it as lying - no different than showing up to an interview all dressed up. I don't think it's necessary. Unfortunately it's going against human nature not to do so. Appearances aren't my priority. I don't clean my house top to bottom before company arrives. My house is clean, but I don't need to bleach the grout before a person steps through the door. People close to me need to accept me for who I am.

I do want to clarify though, there is nothing wrong with women dressing up, etc. They have different values and there is nothing wrong with that. If that's what she wants and her significant other accepts her for it, then who's to say it's not ok? I think your friend is frustrated with the fact that he can't find someone that shares his values.
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    enhancements to try to measure up to high expectations the world gives women to live up to

These high expectations are all in your head and they're generally self feeding. Where exactly are these so called expecations coming from? Keeping up with the Kardashians? Cosmo? Some other celebrity and/or model related nonsense?

They're everywhere. On the commercials for beer where you have skinny women in tiny shorts with makeup on and perfect hair bouncing around and being flirty with the men, on the front of magazines where women are always photoshopped, on billboards that show a big pair of tits yet they're trying to act like they're advertising for a radio station (what??? How is that even remotely true???), it's in the way that men (and women) talk about what they look for in a girl ("no fat chicks, please"), it's in the size of the mannequins at clothing stores all being smaller than the average woman, and I could literally go on for pages of examples for you.

You can say that it's all nonsense but the fact of the matter is that this "nonsense" bleeds into everyone's life, day in and day out, even if they don't notice it.

You can say that they're "self-feeding" and to an extent, that is true, but what about the role that society plays on how a person views oneself?

*this isn't to say that these kind of attitudes aren't placed on men. They are as well. It's just most of it is angled towards women.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Anyway, when my husband met me I was braless, wearing a white tank top, shorts, no make-up, flat sandals.

And hearing this loser guy's rant...I'm just glad I'm married and will never end up on a date with a guy like that.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't think women do these things to be charlatans. I think they feel like they HAVE to... they feel that they have to look a certain way to get men and to compete with other women. I know this is idealistic of me, but I don't like it that people make life out to be a competition. I think some competition ( friendly ) is fine, but to the point that people take it is extreme. I guess I'm not competitive...

Anyway, I wish women didn't feel the need to do these things, but you know... if women embraced more natural beauty, society would call them "gross." We are conditioned to view women's beauty in an unrealistic light.

Personally, I don't do a lot to my appearance. I rarely wear make up... I tried wearing make up, but I felt like it wasn't for me and I got bored. I'd rather take a walk for my morning routine. I'm big into clothes and accessories, so I always look cute. But I have a very basic beauty routine.... just clean myself, wear fresh scents and look "clean" I guess.
  • DumbwaiterRainbow
    Options
    In my personal opinion, all the things that women do to make themselves look a certain way is a form of self expression. I like to do my makeup, fix my hair, and wear things that make me feel pretty. If that's misleading to a man, then I would have to say that's his own problem.

I use make up to enhance the beauty I already have. Some women use it for other puposes.

Men can do this too, but they don't. That's OK! Also, if you fall for based off the way they look then you need to deepen your emotional and mental pools. There is more to a woman than boobs and eyelashes.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I have small breasts, but I've learned to be confident in myself with the help of my boyfriend (who happens to be most attracted to women with slightly bigger butts and smaller breasts, so hooray for me being his perfect woman!), so I don't feel the need to wear a push-up bra, but I feel like most girls aren't so lucky.

I have teeny tiny boobies and I've never felt self conscious about them. Or had a problem attracting male attention. I think most men just like breasts in general.

like them small myself. beats saggy, althought i've seen small AND saggy. nipples give character and are also very subjective as far as what men do and don't like.

i think your right in saying that we just like breasts in general lol
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have small breasts, but I've learned to be confident in myself with the help of my boyfriend (who happens to be most attracted to women with slightly bigger butts and smaller breasts, so hooray for me being his perfect woman!), so I don't feel the need to wear a push-up bra, but I feel like most girls aren't so lucky.

I have teeny tiny boobies and I've never felt self conscious about them. Or had a problem attracting male attention. I think most men just like breasts in general.

like them small myself. beats saggy, althought i've seen small AND saggy. nipples give character and are also very subjective as far as what men do and don't like.

i think your right in saying that we just like breasts in general lol

Omg what an amazing quote. I need to find the right place to say "nipples give character."
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I believe your co-worker stole this bit from Chris Rock's standup comedy. Tell him to make up his own material next time.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chris+rock+women+are+liars&FORM=VIRE4#view=detail&mid=B14DB18CCC68A5A994CCB14DB18CCC68A5A994CC
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options

why not a cucumber wrapped in tinfoil?

6475104_orig.gif

I was waiting for this!! :-)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Makes me glad for how I dress then. :happy:

1. Makeup = little bit of eyeliner and an eyebrow pencil to help fill in
    2. Bra = sports bra so I look like a pre-teen most days anyway since I'm an A-B cup in a regular bra
    3. Shoes = Nike shoes most day
    4. Clothes = unless you just caught me after work where I wear mainly t-shirt and jeans, I'm in running shorts, sports bra, shirt with the sleeves cut off during the summer or sweats and a hoodie during winter.

Could be why I haven't been asked on a date in a while. (Except by the people I went to high school with that have all of a sudden taken interest in me after my divorce.)
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a woman who wants to dress herself up and there is nothing wrong with a woman who doesn't. I learned a long time ago that most women don't put on makeup, spend two hours picking out outfits for the guy.. it's usually for themselves. Who am I to condemn that? Same thing with manscaping.. It's not a lie, any more than a just out of college kid arriving to an interview in his off the rack, non tailored suit is.

Now.. a lie would be going to pick someone up for a first date in a rented corvette, wearing a borrowed Armani and claiming you are an investment banker when in actuality you are a professional gamer living in your parents basement. (Yes this happened to someone I know.)
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    no no no no no heres how it went down

1. create unrealistic, unattainable standards of beauty for women
    2. build a multi-billion dollar beauty industry to sell women makeup and other products, tell them they are worthless without it
    3. Mock women who wear makeup as vain and fake, mock women who don't as ugly
    4. Code makeup as feminine, make the feminine shameful and embarrassing
    5. complain that women look fake and you get what you see with men because they cant wear makeup

stay woke please
    beaten to the punch, good show. :laugh:
  • dsroscoe
    Options
    Interesting.
    I've never really understood the purpose behind the makeup etc... and have often wondered. Of course it's to make you look 'better' -- but better than what - and FOR what ?? When we were dating my wife's mother would not let her out of the house without putting on makeup. I used to keep a box of Kleenex in the car so she could remove it. I liked her just the way she was - still do (30+ years later) Hopefully she lies me still. I'm here with MyFitnessPal to loose weight - not because of my appearance - (I've been mistaken for Santa many times and who doesn't like Santa) but because my health is suffering and I have to atone for all those years of laziness.

The question remains - for both sexes - why are you making up your face/body ?? Is it self confidence - or to beat the competition .... trying to look nicer and more attractive than the guy/girl next to you ?? Again - why ?? Are you interested in a guy who is so shallow that he wants a COSMO girl ?? Are you willing to maintain that level of effort for the rest of time or risk being abandoned when he learns 'the truth' ?? I used to work with a lovely lady who spent OVER an HOUR a morning before leaving her bed room so that her husband always saw her made up. I can not fathom the amount of time that requires. I have a beard - I've had it for almost 40 years. I made a conscious decision in my university days to sleep in 10 extra minutes a day and trim the face once a month. Since then I've been able to sleep in over 2000 hours. Likewise I have a brush cut every 4 or 5 weeks - it's easier and cheaper to do, easier to maintain and cleaner. I've saved thousands in shampoo and barber costs.

Does that imply I am more honest than other guys - or girls - in general ?? I doubt it !!
    What does that say about the body-beauty business and the societal push for 'standards' ?? Are we about to turn on and rend those who look or act differently ?? (I'm in DEEP trouble then) What messages are we sending when we adhere to these 'standards' Do we even realize that we are sending a message ?? (Hmmm - actually there was a news article yesterday about a woman who wore a bikini to the beach and had a trio of younger people make fun of her stretch marks - Considering how they came to be I can not see ANYone making fun of stretch marks - they are badges of honour as far as I'm concerned - as a male I am in awe of anyone who has a single baby - never mind more than one)

What is the point of making up and wearing pushup bras, driving hummers or BMW convertibles, hair transplants ?? Who are we sending a message to ?? What are we saying ?? If it is untrue then yea - I guess we are lying --- if it is solely for our own confidence - then what is making us UNconfident and do we realize that there is a message going out that can be construed as a lie ??
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am usually too excited and happy that a woman is letting me touch her to feel disappointed when her clothes come off and it looks different
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Women are liars! Trying to appear appealing when in actuality they are just rotting inside. They should wear stoles of garbage and trash bags, weave fish fins into their hair to reflect their true inner hideousness!

Or . . . you know . . . they're people. Just people. Who happen to have vaginas.

Sometimes I really like you.

You oughtn't. I'm clearly a vicious troll who should be put down for sowing discord in the otherwise harmonious realm of myfriendshippals.
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options

You know someone who dated Mr. Tolerable?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :takes a breath: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LSAChallenge
    Options
    Women are liars! Makeup is a trick! Push up bras are a fallacy! But if the boobs start to sag a bit or there are stretch marks or acne scarring or she's overweight or graying or not dressed to impress him she's old, fat, needs makeup, doesn't take care of herself and sloppy and not worthy of his attention.

But let me guess...he's a nice guy. As if that's not the biggest lie ever told.:yawn: