Be Smart... don't fall for Fads and scams :)

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Someone might as well say a CANDY Bar is healthier than chicken breast. I mean... the quotes from some of you saying "It really just depends on the _______candy bar______" Right... Lets debate again... and make a sticky point on every little thing.:laugh:

I'm sure a candy bar could be healthier than a chicken breast... Ya know, it could be made of Kale and spinach! :noway:

Just goes to show that just about everything is debatable. And unfortunately... with that logic and since several of you are going that route, there is just no more to debate. I'm extremely confident with my abilities to help others get healthy, look amazing, lose weight, get strong, and feel confident. So trying to "bring me down" through a computer screen really will not affect me.

I still look forward to conversations on these boards where we can have adult conversations without judgement and rude remarks, and turning everything into an argument. So I look forward to speaking with some of you about living a healthy lifestyle. I live for this and health is my passion. :love: :love: :love:

To the rest of you... enjoy your candy bars... that could be healthy because they COULD be made of kale.... . :laugh:

Yes I concur enjoy your stay but be prepared....

PS my chocolate bar of choice is cadbury milk chocolate and yes I eat one every night and yes I have lost 50+ lbs and yes I lift some heavy a$$ed weights and yes I am fit and yes i am healthy...so tell me again what I am doing wrong...other than disagreeing with you which btw is not wrong ...
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's how I feel about all the "teatoxes" everyone is posting about lately. My friend ordered one and her excuse was "it helps flush out your system and get rid of bloating" .....yeah, so does eating healthy.
  • kncapitano
    Options
    ^^^^ Kale Candy Bars PEOPLE! Lets argue about that too! ;) This is almost fun.

Clearly... I have NO Idea what I'm talking about. My body must show for it along with my clients.

Anyone that wants to have an adult debate with me can send me a message and I will start to be serious about this and give my insights and actually listen to yours. Right now all I hear is blah blah blah since so many of you are arguing and knit picking every little thing.

Ohhh I get it... YOU all are the experts... OOPS My bad lol. :::eye roll:::

Kale Candy Kale Candy!

<hate that I have to stoop this low, but I think its the only way some of you can understand>
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Many Fitness Magazines, PT's, and these fitness conferences are kind of a scam and fad as well. A lot of the things you have been citing as your reference for your knowledge are part of the scams currently going around. They just aren't as easy (for some) to see right away that they are a scam.

ETA: (for some)

^^^^

giphy.gif

So OP

46691-cat-deal-with-it-gif-IjeF.gif

because

tumblr_m0v274keN11rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you really listen/read what some of you are writing? One of you went on to say "Yeah pizza is better than chicken" and "Ohhh well it can be if its made with this and this" PEOPLE... its a basic comparison of typical pizza and typical chicken. We could literally argue about EVERYTHING if you go that route. I mean really??? YES OBVIOUSLY someone can make their own version of healthy pizza... but I'm saying for purpose of message boards... IN GENERAL CHICKEN IS HEALTHIER THAN PIZZA! oh my goodness LOL I'm literally shocked right now how some of you are SO QUICK to try and prove me wrong that you literally are fighting every point I make- when you know very well that if you ask just about ANYONE they would agree.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make when I said that pizza can be healthier than chicken. I'm not trying to jump on you or prove you wrong. I read everything that I write and I like to believe that I understand it, even if the point doesn't always come across like I think it will. I also did you the favor of not once shouting at you in this thread, so your choice to do so is unappreciated.

You never replied to my earlier post about food fear on these boards, so I don't know if you read it or not. I'll revisit it quickly. There are a lot of people who become obsessed with only eating the healthiest diet possible. When we make false comparisons like this it hurts those lurking who have this sort of mindset. I say that chicken is not necessarily healthier than pizza because it's not. Let me shout that because it bears repeating: CHICKEN IS NOT NECESSARILY HEALTHIER THAN PIZZA.

The general idea that I'm trying to get across is that literally nothing is healthier than anything else unless you look at it in the context of someone's diet. A diet is healthy or unhealthy. A food by itself is neither. Pizza has veggies, crust, cheese, and meat (in most cases). It's a full meal. One could live on pizza and have a relatively decent diet. Even take-out pizza. A chicken breast is just meat. It's mostly just a good source of protein. It's not something that you'd want to live on by itself for the rest of your life. That doesn't make pizza healthier. That doesn't make chicken breast healthier.

Drop the comparisons. Drop the labels. Talk to people instead of yelling at them and insinuating that they're uneducated or just trying to pick a fight. It really will help you out in the long run.
  • JennaD075
    JennaD075 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Clearly... I have NO Idea what I'm talking about. My body must show for it along with my clients.

Anyone that wants to have an adult debate with me can send me a message and I will start to be serious about this and give my insights and actually listen to yours. Right now all I hear is blah blah blah since so many of you are arguing and knit picking every little thing.

Kale Candy Kale Candy!

<hate that I have to stoop this low, but I think its the only way some of you can understand>

I could be wrong because there are a lot of post's on here and I might not remember all of them but from what I CAN remember you are the only one that claimed to be an expert.
  • kncapitano
    Options
    That's how I feel about all the "teatoxes" everyone is posting about lately. My friend ordered one and her excuse was "it helps flush out your system and get rid of bloating" .....yeah, so does eating healthy.

Yes that true too! As well as various cleanses making claims to get rid of bloating. Good point :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    P.S. Dark chocolate bars help me hit my iron needs.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Kale Candy Kale Candy!

See this is the thing my sisters body looks like yours...she takes green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketones, "eats clean" and does tonnes of cardio...she doesn't know what she is talking about most of the time either so apparently the presence of low body fat means about as much as your OP....
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Do you really listen/read what some of you are writing? One of you went on to say "Yeah pizza is better than chicken" and "Ohhh well it can be if its made with this and this" PEOPLE... its a basic comparison of typical pizza and typical chicken. We could literally argue about EVERYTHING if you go that route. I mean really??? YES OBVIOUSLY someone can make their own version of healthy pizza... but I'm saying for purpose of message boards... IN GENERAL CHICKEN IS HEALTHIER THAN PIZZA! oh my goodness LOL I'm literally shocked right now how some of you are SO QUICK to try and prove me wrong that you literally are fighting every point I make- when you know very well that if you ask just about ANYONE they would agree.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make when I said that pizza can be healthier than chicken. I'm not trying to jump on you or prove you wrong. I read everything that I write and I like to believe that I understand it, even if the point doesn't always come across like I think it will. I also did you the favor of not once shouting at you in this thread, so your choice to do so is unappreciated.

You never replied to my earlier post about food fear on these boards, so I don't know if you read it or not. I'll revisit it quickly. There are a lot of people who become obsessed with only eating the healthiest diet possible. When we make false comparisons like this it hurts those lurking who have this sort of mindset. I say that chicken is not necessarily healthier than pizza because it's not. Let me shout that because it bears repeating: CHICKEN IS NOT NECESSARILY HEALTHIER THAN PIZZA.

The general idea that I'm trying to get across is that literally nothing is healthier than anything else unless you look at it in the context of someone's diet. A diet is healthy or unhealthy. A food by itself is neither. Pizza has veggies, crust, cheese, and meat (in most cases). It's a full meal. One could live on pizza and have a relatively decent diet. Even take-out pizza. A chicken breast is just meat. It's mostly just a good source of protein. It's not something that you'd want to live on by itself for the rest of your life. That doesn't make pizza healthier. That doesn't make chicken breast healthier.

Drop the comparisons. Drop the labels. Talk to people instead of yelling at them and insinuating that they're uneducated or just trying to pick a fight. It really will help you out in the long run.

This all of this...in a much nicer way than I would say it.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Did you know there are people who have your body eating all kinds of foods in moderation and claiming that you have this body you must know what your talking about is kind of a silly claim.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, not bashing just genuinely curious. You have stated over and over that people keep bringing up that you used "clean" when that wasn't even what your post was about. You said it though and it was part of your post. Why wouldn't people harp on that if it is something that they find offense with? Also I'm curious why you felt the need to come on here and post your public service announcement? Do you honestly think that people don't know about these scams already? The people that would buy into them aren't people that would listen to your warning anyways. It looks like this was one of your first post's ever on this forum what prompted you to do this today? I'm honestly just wondering your thought process. Not in a bad way just wanting to find out where you are coming from on this.

(As in saying I said they MUST ONLY eat clean foods... and never eat unhealthy foods. Which I clearly CLEARLY stated that I eat them too). :angry:

You did it again. You're killing me, Smalls.

Did what? Read carefully what I wrote... that was about what others said, not myself.

Man, harsh group towards someone just trying to warn people about health/fitness scams that I see daily. Isn't this a Heath and fitness forum to share tips, advice, etc? I'll say it again... MYYYYY BADDDD for using a common word. My Baddd that it got taken in the wrong context. MY BAD for wishing you all a healthy journey. I mean clearly I don't know what I'm talking about :huh:
    To those who sent me private messages supporting my post. Thank you :) Glad I could help. I have no regrets about what I said other than using a word that basically took all meaning away from what I was actually getting at. :laugh:
    You can't suggest eating healthy food around here without sending the yahoos into a tizzy.

They like their junk food and they don't want to hear that it might not be healthy.

They cannot be convinced that such a thing as junk food exists, much less hat it might be bad for them.

It was nice of you to try to help people. :). But, some people cannot be helped. There are none so blind.

Leave them be.
    There you go pontificating again and making sweeping generalization. This is senseless banter.
  • kncapitano
    Options

Kale Candy Kale Candy!

See this is the thing my sisters body looks like yours...she takes green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketones, "eats clean" and does tonnes of cardio...she doesn't know what she is talking about most of the time either so apparently the presence of low body fat means about as much as your OP....

People on this board can think ANYTHING they want about me. They can think like you and compare me to your sister who does Tons of cardio of which I do not. I do however have a great workout routine (that works for ME) and a suitable nutrition plan that also works for ME. I also train and coach many people who are also doing great. (Each client is on a different program that fits their needs... so no nutrition plan or diet is exactly the same). Whether you believe it or not is your choice. I've had great experience, recommendations, and I LOVE what I do. Making judgements on a message board will not take any of that away from me.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    And yes I believe pizza is as good as lean chicken..maybe more so as it has more macros than chicken and hits lots of micros...esp if it's delux with veggies and cheese and meats.
    Deluxe pizza is more healthy than lean chicken.

You can't make this stuff up.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    in for later
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i eat clean ALL THE TIME- i wash my hands and i can say that i have not eaten dirt since i was 2 or 3 and in four decades i have been clean!!

Detox - no thanks i have a liver and kidneys, but nice try.
    wraps, yeah they did those in the 70s.
    eliminate this or that foodgroup... um, no thanks , i kind like meat and carbs are good grains not evil nobodies..

the only things you should limit is the amounts.
    will you feel better on brown rice and broccoli.
    thank burger king and dunkin donuts..
    most likely long term , but that doesnt mean i wouldnt eat them..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CASE IN POINT - DONT JUDGE!!!

come on i had awesome "fast food" last night from Bojangles,2 pieces of chicken and dirty rice. you know why . cuz it was free, as part of signing up for the bone marrow donor registry... and my kids did too ... then we went roller skating for 2 1/2hours and came home and had wild picked blackberries(picked them that morning) with vanilla protein shake poured over as "cream"
    which one was healthier??? i dunno , both were delicious!!!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Gonna catch me eating dirty

2qjc6d5.gif
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    and some are empty calories that get stored as fat!

But they don't though. Calories only get stored as fat if they're in surplus.
  • JennaD075
    JennaD075 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • kncapitano
    Options
    i eat clean ALL THE TIME- i wash my hands and i can say that i have not eaten dirt since i was 2 or 3 and in four decades i have been clean!!

Detox - no thanks i have a liver and kidneys, but nice try.
    wraps, yeah they did those in the 70s.
    eliminate this or that foodgroup... um, no thanks , i kind like meat and carbs are good grains not evil nobodies..

the only things you should limit is the amounts.
    will you feel better on brown rice and broccoli.
    thank burger king and dunkin donuts..
    most likely long term , but that doesnt mean i wouldnt eat them..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CASE IN POINT - DONT JUDGE!!!

come on i had awesome "fast food" last night from Bojangles,2 pieces of chicken and dirty rice. you know why . cuz it was free, as part of signing up for the bone marrow donor registry... and my kids did too ... then we went roller skating for 2 1/2hours and came home and had wild picked blackberries(picked them that morning) with vanilla protein shake poured over as "cream"
    which one was healthier??? i dunno , both were delicious!!!

I have no issues with anything you said. Good points were made and I definitely understand about the Bojangles. :wink: