Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Have a great tues.Rough morning,getting Violet up and going to school.Still think going to school in aug is too early.
    Nothing new on the house front.looking at apt they are fixing up,won`t be ready for a month or 2 and the house with the older lady call sept 1st.
    HUGS
    jane
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Gloria: congrats on the job! PT – you’re a physical therapist?

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:

Oh no. I'm a lot of things but "physical therapist" is not one of them. PT = part time :smile:
    Aha. :smile:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It was another beautiful morning here after a little rain last night. The kids were really eager to walk this morning, and I had a banana for each of them to eat along the way. I'm not sure those kids get enough fruit. So we walked, talked, ate bananas, looked at formal dresses in a store window, picked up trash, laughed and had a whistling contest. All in 12 minutes it took to get to school. The middle granddaughter asked if I could come to walk again tomorrow. It just about made me cry. She also wanted me to come get them this afternoon. It's going to be 100 today, so we won't walk home, but I will go pick them up. In case you haven't guessed, I am totally, head over heels in love with these kids.

After walking back to the car I drove to the Y and did my weights workout, then came to the studio. Boy, was it hot in here! It will take a little time to get the studio area cooled down, so I'm in my office finishing some drafting work and goofing off.

Boy, do you realize how hooked a person can get on their fitbits? Yesterday I dropped off the kids after school and drove to the mall to do some walking, only to find that my fitbit battery was completely dead. So, did I walk anyway, knowing that if I walk for 90 minutes I should just about hit my goal? No. I turned around and got back in the car and drove home. Pretty stupid, huh?

Tere, I hope you find time to have some fun in Philly. That's someplace I've never been. Glad the SO (isn't that supposed to be fiancee) gets to go along.

Rita, good luck looking busy. I remember working in an office I had a special kill switch set to change my computer screen from freecell to Word, so if anybody came through the door I could look busy. I can't count the hours of my life wasted playing games on the computer at work.

Well, I should get busy. I need to put handles on mugs and a spout on a teapot. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kittytoo: Thanks for the details on your yoga app. I’m going to try it and see how I like it.:flowerforyou:

Rita: I’m happy to see your post. My neighbor has a Chihuahua mix that she rescued from the Humane Society and he’s a charmer. I’ve known a couple of male chihuahuas who were great, and some females who were b*tchy. I always think ‘Chee who ah who ah’ in my head and have no problem spelling Chihuahua.:wink::laugh:

Sue in SD: I love the Eleanor Roosevelt quotation.:flowerforyou:

Renny: I’m sorry your DGS has a bit of a grumpy attitude toward you. He’ll likely forget all about it as time goes by. Walking 13 miles is an undertaking! I hope you’ll train carefully if you decide to take it on. I’m happy you’ll have the opportunity to take yoga again. It has done so much for me that I’ve become a real enthusiast.:flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: Your stirfry sounds yummy! :drinker: I am sure it took me at least two years to adjust to retirement. The lack of exhaustion was a VERY BIG perk. I retired early due to DH’s health, and that is still a big issue. The first year we planned a fall trip to coincide with the start of the school year. It helped. I still miss many of my work friends, but “see them” on facebook.:flowerforyou:

Mimi: We live in a townhouse and share a wall with one neighbor. I think that “Cottages” can be attached, and yours sounds like a welcoming and cozy home.:flowerforyou:

Michele: You must be onto something about animal logic. I’m sure DD’s dog thinks we can’t see him.:laugh:

Barbie: I found the MFP app on my phone and started using it before I even looked at the website. I love both, but if I had to give one up--I just don’t want to go there. :noway: I may be an exclusively app user while in CO. DD says her DH disconnected the modem while working on a house project.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Yesterday I went shopping for a bra without underwires to wear on the plane. This is to pass through airport security more easily. I found one that works okay on a closeout rack, and paid only $12.50 for it. Yay! I doubt I’ll wear it more than twice unless we decide to fly somewhere again. I tried on sports bras at DH’s suggestion. He thought they might be useful for yoga after the trip. Yuck! They were like girdles for my chest. Even if they weren’t painful, which they were, I don’t really want to expose my belly until I’ve managed to tone it up quite a bit more.:tongue:

Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovely Ladies,

Today I did yoga and am getting on the treadmill next. Hubby found some nice shrimp so I will roast them tonite and make some brown rice and veggies. I will work on my drawing of my Grandmother this afternoon. I spent some time yesterday doing screen shots of cows. The photo is really dark and I want to get the muscle definition correct. I've been away from the farm a long time!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

Cindy from OK
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: I've called him "The SO" so long that I am not sure that I'll every call him anything else - maybe DOB every once in a while. :laugh:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!:flowerforyou:

Just crashing out in my bedroom for a couple of minutes rest. I LOVE having people to stay, but it is very tiring with all the constant conversation. I love chatting, but it wears me out and I need recovery time. :tongue: Luckily my friend is of similar mind.:bigsmile:

This afternoon we went to our local big store for a look around snd I bought some ankle boots. They are not the most stylish and fashionable, but they are comfortable. And they look fine. For me buying shoes is such a nightmare with my pronation and need for orthotics, that I am pleased to have settled on anything. My friend being there helped me make a decision. :tongue:

We are out for dinner tonight so I am going to wear a skirt (!), and my new bright pink sweater. My new boots? We so rarely go out that it is nice to dress up a little. DH is driving.

Sorry I haven't replied to anyone, but I am a bit preoccupied with my visitor!

Love Heather in cooler Hampshire UK
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Here is today's joke:

:happy:

A little boy knocks at the door and tells the owner that something of his had found its way into her garage, and he wanted it back. The homeowner opened the garage and noticed two additions; a baseball and broken window sporting a baseball-sized hole.

“How do you suppose this ball got in here?” she asked the child. Taking one look at the ball, one look at the window, and one look at the homeowner, the little boy exclaimed, “Wow lady! I must have thrown it right through that hole!”

:laugh:

Hubby called and asked if he could park his car at my studio and I could drive him to campus. Parking is such a bear early in the semester. So, while I was out I stopped at the grocery store and bought two baked chicken breasts and a box of 100 calorie ice cream bars. I'll pick hubby up about 12:30 and we will have lunch together. That will be nice. Now I'm so hungry I could eat both pieces of chicken! Maybe a banana will get me through.

Bye for now.

Sylvia
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

I'm so pleased to have found this group of people - at last!

I'm Shani from London in England, but currently on a month's sabbatical in Cyprus. I adore the evenings here on the back porch, breezy, light and overlooking the sea. I also adore the mornings on the front porch, fresh and full of promise, swimming at dawn and sunset, and having a siesta in the afternoon.

I've read some of your posts and thank you for sharing your lives. This is such a great idea.

I've been working on writing about three positive things about each day - here are yesterday's and today's:

- swam for an hour in the pool, loving every minute of it, hover flies skimming over the surface.
    - found my way to the shops and enjoyed choosing what to buy.
    - engaged with the message boards on MFP.

- remembered some of my new Greek vocabulary when I called into the fruit market.
    - bought fresh figs, they were delicious.
    - learning to hold my body differently with Pilates.

That's all for now - wish you a pleasant rest of the day, whatever time it is for you.

Shani
    London, England
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I've had a few busy weeks lately and have not been as chatty as I like to be:frown: . I have been keeping up with everyone though, and I am wishing everyone well!!!!

Sylvia:smile: Woo hoo!!!! Congrats on breaking that barrier finally, I know it feels so good:bigsmile: !!!

Michele:smile: There are times when I'm holding Noel and she tries to hide under my arm, I think it's so funny:laugh: . She does it at the Vet's office too, they usually send me out of the room, she behaves better when I'm not there:embarassed: . How is the new bowling team going?

Tere:smile: Oh dear, chickens next door to you:noway: , I bet Storm would like to have chicken for breakfast:laugh: ! When my oldest granddaughter was around 2 yrs. old she was staying with her other grandparents and their neighbor had chickens, she told them the chicken nugget woke her up:laugh: . Hope the situation will work for you! Have fun on your trip!

Cindy:smile: You are so talented! Do you get lost in your drawings and time just flies by? I used to paint on occasions (my favorite being floor cloths) the time would just fly by. I might need to think about picking up some canvas and getting the paint brush out again:happy: .

Renny:smile: Hope sweet little toddler doesn't stay miffed too long!!! I love to read your long rambling posts, you have a wonderful way with words!

Mimi:smile: Hope you're enjoying your stay in the Creek!!!! I think cottage sounds perfect!

Alison:smile: Sure hope you're taking care of your foot, you are so good at taking care of others, don't forget about yourself:flowerforyou: !!!

Jane Martin :smile: Keeping everything crossed that your new place will show up soon!!!

Cynthia:smile: I'm wishing you an easy renovation!!! Mine is almost over:bigsmile: , a few things to tie up and the end of August I should be done:bigsmile:!!! The painters are finished and out of my house:happy: and yesterday my granddaughter asked me if I missed them, I thought for a few minutes and said they are good guys, but no, I don't miss them:noway: :laugh: !!!

Katla:smile: A girdle for the chest:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , now every time I put my sports bra on I'll think about that:laugh: ! I think you should rock the sports bra and a pair of leggings!!!!

Yesterday the window washers and chandelier cleaners were supposed to be here, it rained, so now they are planning on Thursday, it will be good to get that over with! My new outdoor furniture is finally in, it will be delivered tomorrow..I'm really excited about it!!! I got a nice fire pit to go on the patio, I fully expect to be enjoying my patio even in January:laugh: !

I tried out a new exercise, riding bikes, I was riding my oldest granddaughters bike and it's a little too tall for me, when I was trying to get off I fell face first in the yard:embarassed: :laugh: , I skinned my nose, of all places:laugh: . Had a clover leaf stuff on my eyelid and a big clump of grass on my head, the worst part the painters and my brother saw me do it:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: ! We all had a good laugh about it. This morning the last little scab fell off:bigsmile: .

The phone keeps ringing :grumble: .....will try to catch up a little later!!!

Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: !!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in gorgeous NC:glasses:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Very warm/humid day.Had 2 tacos for lunch,tasted good.Supper will be heated up rice dish & salad for DH. Mine will be a huge salad with all fresh veggies,from DDs small garden.our tomatoes & DHs friend gave us peppers,cukes & yellow zucchinis.Along with fresh onion & garlic,gonna be a good supper.Have the salads in the fridge,so not much to do.

Katla......,my weight is pretty much staying the same.....can tell from how clothes fit.Last month I bought a Fall/Spring coat on line in size L.Wearing clothes in a regular size seems different.Love coats & have way too many:love:

It's been 18 mos since we moved here ,65 miles one way from our other house.Only relatives there are nieces/nephews we almost never see.With both of us having had medical problems,DH came around to agreeing we need to make plans in the case of "what ifs". DDs hate to hear it,but DH & I are nothing if not practical:noway:

Ok,going to make a small fruit salad. Pat
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone: Hope all of you are doing well on this Tuesday. I have not done much exercise this morning except walking. I am working on organizing my bedroom closet as a way to procrastinate on cleaning the refrigerator which really, really needs to be done. I will go out to see my horse after dinner this evening.

Saw the doctor today for a recheck of atrophic vaginitis. I was originally diagnosed in early July. Have tried all suggestions including prednisone but still having issues. I did not try vaginal estrogen as I have had breast cysts in the past that were exacerbated with oral estrogen. Has anyone out there used vaginal estrogen and what was your experience? I am told that it is a very small dose that stays localized and only a very tiny amount gets into the blood stream. My doc ran one more test and then I may trial it for a while. As you can tell I am feeling a bit iffy about this.

Jane - Still sending best wishes that you will find a new home.

Allison - I second several others. Don't forget to take care of you.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD

Don't ever quit believing in yourself. As long as you believe you can, you will have a reason for trying.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Rennie--- Can't fix my DH so don't have a chance with Alison's! :bigsmile:

Katla -- Thanks for the chew-who-ah-who-ah (Chihuahua) clarification! LOL! :laugh:

Alison -- Keep bugging your DH. Watch YouTube videos while he is in the room. It will bug him enough that he will eventually give in to the new WiFi! :smokin:

Slow boring day here. The 'big-shot' never came around. Had the dentist today.... now I have to have 2 fillings. :huh: Leaving for the day from work but still have to do school work. :grumble: DH rented some movies from Redbox so school work may not happen. :blushing: LOL!

Have a good evening everyone!

Rita from CT
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my dear friends. Today was a good day starting off with weigh in. I’m still 2.4# above my lowest, but lost 2 pounds this week! YAY That gives me some motivation. I got a lot of work done; most people were either not there or busy with new student orientation. I went and helped with the diversity exercise. I do it each year and it’s really fun and enlightening.

OK so this is really strange. I have had a splinter in my foot for 2 weeks now and haven’t been able to get it out. I went to my friend who does electrolysis and has a magnifying glass and tiny tweezers and guess what she pulled out of my foot????? A 1-inch black cat hair. WTH>>>>> I can’t even explain it but we were amused for about 30 minutes!

Wow you miss 1 day posting and there are five pages to catch up on. I’ll do my best…

Alison: I too am having computer problems. Our main pc won’t connect to the internet. Somehow it got tied in with this laptop and they are “fighting” for dominance I guess! Can’t get on the internet with that one but this one is networked to it, so I shouldn’t be able to get on the internet here either!

Geri: hope your dh starts to listen to instructions! I’m an old nurse too so you can shake your finger at him for me if you like!

Yanniejannie: sorry to hear DD wasn’t accepted at school, but at least someone paid a little attention and gave you information! Many of DH’s relatives didn’t have plumbing until he was in high school. I shall sharpen my pencils!

Joyce: hope you are not getting sick! Bless your heart for fostering/adopting animals

Michele: you have been adopted! It is great luck and a blessing to be adopted by a cat!

Kim; not don’t you start up with the river rock!

Hairy Anne :laugh: : I haven’t seen shaved boys for ages! When I was in high school and college I was on the swim team and those boys shaved everything…and I mean everything. Now that’s not so uncommon these days but in the 70s it was practically scandalous! They swore it made them swim faster

Cynthia: here is a link to the CD holder http://www.hammacher.com/Product/82997?promo=search

Heather; enjoy your company

Pat: life does happen sometimes and our priorities change; you’ll figure out a new system and get back to it soon. I have faith in
    you. “Nikita” is growing on me.

Alison: I hope you find something for dad soon

Sylvia: yes we do have a lot in common! It’s nice you can find so many good things about hubby. I have so many friends who wouldn’t be able to come up with a thing if I asked. I wonder why they stay married!

Katla: I do remember the old buzzard! Hope DH feels better. I can’t tell you how much I laughed about the blind dog thinking no one could see him either!

Sue: congrats on getting rid of those 2 pesky pounds! Maybe TMI but you asked; I use vagifem. They are tiny little vaginal suppositories. You use them every night for 2 weeks and then 2 times a week after that. Not messy at all; you’d never know you had used one. They are hardly absorbed in your system at all. I was really iffy about it too especially after I read all the product information that came with it! I held on to it for probably 2 months before trying it but now I am so glad I have it!

Renny: OK it’s official now; I love the name Nikita. Now I have a wonderful thought about it. Thank you!

Shani: welcome!

Kitty: did I say welcome to you earlier?

OK I’m off to lift weights before DD#2 gets home from her day care job where they found lice! GAAAA Take care, Meg from Omaha where summer has returned!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Katla, Gloria, I love snug bras! :bigsmile:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    I was just wondering why I was still wearing a bra being home alone and all????:drinker:

Made it though my first day at the new j-o-b. Everyone was very nice and I think it's going to be just the fit I need for my life right now. The only "minus" is that the woman who was doing the job 5 days didn't really have a choice in the matter of splitting it up. She missed a good part of the summer due to health issues so I see why they need another body. I just feel bad because she's 63, on her own as her husband passed 3 years ago, probably counts on the $$ and is only going to get 2 days to my 3. She was very gracious in spite of the situation so I just hope things stay pleasant.

Big storms passing through with LOTS of rain. Everyone's holding their breath as we can't take much water after the floods last week. The trash trucks finally came this morning to haul away the contents of nearly every basement on our street. The entire street on the block behind us got water in the basement. I was terrified we were going to be infested with rats of they didn't get here soon.

The other good news at the new j-o-b is that my coworkers all seem to be attempting healthier lifestyles, as in no junk food around the office. Seems like in most offices, every day is an excuse to bring in junk food and eat. Not going to happen with us:happy:

In desperate need of a good night's sleep and tempted to go off plan for a glass of wine before bed. I don't care what Dr. Oz says, I get my best sleep after a nice, BIG glass of red:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Enjoy your evening!

xo- Gloria in rainy, rainy, rainy Metro Detroit
  • kittytoo
    kittytoo Posts: 27
    Options
    It's been a crazy couple of days here in the Phoenix, AZ metro area. Work up to a driving rainstorm - it broke the rope on one of our shade covers and blew over the pepper tree. But didn't uproot it, so we are propping it back up and hoping for the best. Well I am. DH never liked it where it was planted - he wanted it 2 feet further east, he says. :huh: My journey to work went through several flooded streets and intersections (in Phoenix, the roads are used for drainage *rolls eyes*) and I was turned back a mile from work because the washes were flooded and had to take the long way 'round.

Yesterday afternoon, DH called me at work and asked if I wanted to move to South Africa as he has a business opportunity over there. He already lived there 30 years. (Born in the States, left, returned.... worse than the Navy.)

Weighed in last night and have lost 2.6 pounds since I started watching... .8 since I joined FP (5 days).

Renny - the grandkids call me Oma, too. It's a South Africa thing in our family.

Meg - No, you hadn't said hello already. Thanks for the welcome.

Shani - Welcome to you, too!

Kit in AZ
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tere, I diidn't know there was anyone else who ate sugar on tomatoes. Most of our family does, we got it from Mom, Dad never could pick up the habit, still used salt.

Katla, our old group from work get together once a month for lunch. Tomorrow we got o Cheddars. I guess I'll get the childrens chicken strips like I did last time we went there. You can't were an underwire in an airport???? Can you at least have them in your suitcase or is that xrayed also? I can't remember the last time I wore anything except an underwire. Well I do have my sprts bra and it is the most comfortable thing on earth

Heather I think that is the shortest post you have ever written. And there was nothing about food except you going out to eat.

Meg, I have decided husbands just don't listen to SO about their health. After Charlies heart attack he was put on one of the statins and he thinks that takes care of his dietary problems. He can eat whatever he wants. We were at cracker barrel tonight, we both get the grilled pork chop. I make sure I cut off all the fat before I cut into the actual pork chop. We he sits there and eats that fat! I keep on reminding him that next February he can go off his Effiant that doctor said he ahd to be on for 12 months after a stent is placed. He was 11 months into that 12 months when he had 2 more stents. He has had to be off of his Aleve for his arthritis all this time. I just keep on reminding him of how his knees felt while on that Aleve. And now he has arthritis in his left shoulder. But so far ti hasn't worked. Thanks for your concern about my health. I think it was sonething jsut that day since I have felt fine ever since then.

Joyce, Indiana
  • kittytoo
    kittytoo Posts: 27
    Options
    Joyce -

Want someone to help you help your hubby understand what his eating is doing to his heart? Google Dr. McDougal - never mind it rhymes; I'm so punny! Anyhow. My DH had a stroke and after watching Dr. McDougal, he went vegan for two years. He used to eat a pound of cheese at a time and cut the fat off his meat to trade his meat for more fat. No more of that! Today his heart valve and veins are clear of plaque, no more angina, no stopping to rest on a walk .... no stents or heart surgery.

Kitty in AZ