P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just Finished Legs and back + ab ripper x

I did really good in legs and got in alot of reps on the pull up bar but in Ab ripper x, i was tired and my belly hurt. Today wasn't a good day in that department.

Ab ripper x is still REALLY hard for me.... that is the one workout where I just can't keep up at all!!! But just do your best and forget the rest right???

I hear that! It's still weird to me that we're only 3 weeks (+) in to the program, yet many of us can already see/feel ourselves progress! I am already able to keep up/do the moves properly better than I was the first time....and it's only week 3! (???) Seems unreal.

I did want to say though, what helps me learn the moves and be able to DO them, is pausing the disk. A few of the moves take me longer to reach 25 reps than it does for them. I figure, I'd rather be a little slower but reach 25, than try to keep up, without proper form, and only reach 15-20 reps. It takes longer to finish the dvd, but I'm hoping to work my way up to their pace.

That is a great idea about pausing the disk!! Duhhh why didn't I think of that?!?! I'm only on my second round of this thing haha!! I'll try it tonight and let you all know how I make out!!!!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Didn't workout yesterday and am really sore today, how does that work?

I'm doubling up on Saturday to make up for my missed day though! :o)

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Sometimes it takes two days for the soreness to set in for me. I couldn't tell you why exactly that happens, but you're not alone!

W3D5, Legs & Back/ARX done this morning!! I am SOOOO HAPPY to have a break from this routine next week. Ab Ripper is especially hard on this day since my legs are so spent... Ab Ripper X. I hate it, and I hate it. :tongue:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Well today i doubled it up
    I did X Stretch then Kenpo X. I missed one day this week so i knew i had to double it up one day. I tried something different today and had my protein shake after my workout. I don't think i will do that again. I did really good in Stretch but when i got to Kenpo i was pretty tired but i made it through. Now i have to go to work. i need to wake up.

P.S. Tonight i am going to post the new board for Recovery week. All i ask is that you guys wait for the new board to go up before you post your weekly weigh-ins. Also don't redue your measurments until the end of phase 1 which is next sat.
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    W3D4 completed. Feeling really good about the commitment. I gotta be honest, I'm a little too excited to start to seeing more definition in my body. For this first month, I haven't taking any performance supplements. Just my standard Omega 369, spirulina, and protein to maintain muscle.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    First, I gotta just say, thanks SO much for all the support & motivation yall have given me since we started this program...it makes such a huge difference! :flowerforyou:

W3D5 complete!

I actually discovered something today that didn't make me too happy................

Apprently I'd been doing double the reps for the V Raise & Leg Climb, counted wrong on the V Raise and didn't realize he didn't do 25 reps on EACH leg for the Leg Climb. I guess that's the downfall for pausing the disk so I can get my full set of reps! lol Grrrr...
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Recovery week just happens to be the week I'm flying out to ski Mt. Hood, Wednesday - Sunday. We'll probably do 3-4 day's. I'm going to bring my DVD's with and do them, as I think Yoga, Stretching, etc. would be great after the slopes. Any thoughts?
  • sarina87
    Options
  • kappy2hot
    Options
    I am behind by 1 week, as i am starting week 3 next monday but looking forward to the recovery week. Good job everyone for sticking with the program and pushing play every day!!
  • sarina87
    Options
    Kappy and anyone who is a week behind, You can still use the board. I will still come in and check on you guys.
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    W2D5 - DONE!
  • kappy2hot
    Options
    W3D1-Done!!!
  • snowsflake
    Options
    W3D1 - DONE!

Kappy2hot - we are the only two left tracking over here...glad to be doing this someone else! Let me know what you think about Shakeology. It's awesome! :)
  • JWALL101
    Options
    sorry, missed weigh in yesterday. 296
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    W4D1 and W4D2 Completed. I'm going to top it all off with some HIIT Cardio @ lunch! I'm just limiting my tracking to every few days. I'm still going though! Go hard or go home baby.
  • snowsflake
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday - W3D2 - DONE AND W3D3 - DONE!
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Been busy, but I officially finished Phase 1!!! Tomorrow starts phase 2 for me and I am so excited. I am switching to classic now. Can't wait to see what the next 30 days will bring. Good luck everybody!!!
  • snowsflake
    Options
    W3D4 - DONE!
  • kappy2hot
    Options
    W3D6-Done!Today did not feel like working out, had to do Kenpo but was so tired decided to do cardiox instead...At least i got it done, looking forward to the recovery week....
  • kappy2hot
    Options
    W3D1 - DONE!

Kappy2hot - we are the only two left tracking over here...glad to be doing this someone else! Let me know what you think about Shakeology. It's awesome! :)

Yes, everyone else is into recovery week, I am also glad that i am not the only one over here. Got the shakeology, it is really good, loving it...
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    weigh in yesterday lost 1 lb
    update on inches later and pics on my profile