MY RESONSE TO -"SO YOU WANT A NICE STOMACH"

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    and I'm no gross blob, I'm a hottie if I say so myself...for 43 with three grown kids lol.... still, im just saying I did not think my abs could ever go back to what they were before kiddies.....tell me how to post a pic on here and I will show ya'll a before and after pic of my abs...im brave :D

Did we ever get the promised pics?

Nope.
    She never came back.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    dahell happened in here
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    dahell happened in here

Hanger. :laugh:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    dahell happened in here

Hanger. :laugh:

That's usually what does it lmao
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    and I'm no gross blob, I'm a hottie if I say so myself...for 43 with three grown kids lol.... still, im just saying I did not think my abs could ever go back to what they were before kiddies.....tell me how to post a pic on here and I will show ya'll a before and after pic of my abs...im brave :D

Did we ever get the promised pics?

Nope.
    She never came back.

Even after whining that no one was telling her how to post pics and CupCake gave a detailed explanation. I call Rip offfffff!!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    There's nothing worse than flying off the handle about something in public.

Except flying off the handle about something in public...and you were completely wrong to begin with.

It's like...this level of awkward right now

Awkward.jpg

There was a man who was born with two penises who might appreciate that urinal set-up very much.
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children and not a stretch mark in sight or loose skin.

Well... you got lucky! :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Some people get them, some don't.

My mother has none, I have a belly full of them. And you know what? No one cares. None of them men I've been with over the years ever cared and I don't care. They're just part of me and nothing to stress over.
  • Geloza
    Options

My mother has none, I have a belly full of them. And you know what? No one cares. None of them men I've been with over the years ever cared and I don't care. They're just part of me and nothing to stress over.

Glad you don't care... I'm working on that part lol :sad:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

This^^ My mom was a super thin woman all her life. She has very visible stretch marks from 4 kids. I had 1 kid and have the same. Really, no one curr.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The bottom line is there isn't anything you can do about them and you are probably the only person who even notices them, so why stress?
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    So you are telling me that of all the fitness models in the world, all of the ripped bodybuilders, crossfitters, Olympic athletes, none of them could have been mothers?
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So you are telling me that of all the fitness models in the world, all of the ripped bodybuilders, crossfitters, Olympic athletes, none of them could have been mothers?

probably not the dudes
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

probably not the dudes

Fair enough.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I KNOW I SAID THIS AT THE END OF THE ABOVE THREAD BUT IT SHOULD BE REPEATED SO WOMEN WITH CHILDREN DO NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES OR HAVE UNREAL EXPECTATIONS, AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT HAD KIDDIES KUDOS TO YOU, I USED TO HAVE RIPPED ABS BEFORE I HAD KIDS ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!! LOL....I don't care how skinny you get, how much weight you lose, or how many sit-ups or training you do, how much self discipline, self will you have, if you have had babies, especially 2-3+ there's no way you will have a ripped stomach EVER AGAIN. Although it can be IMPROVED WITH EXERCISE AND MOSTLY IMPROVED BY SURGURY. There will always be that extra skin from STRETCHING.....but for me I am PROUD AND OF MY STRETCH MARKS those are my BATTLE SCARS and I would not have my BEAUTIFUL SONS WITHOUT THEM :)

I have two daughters... aged 7 and 9 now.

efd6890a-5f7b-44d2-87b3-bf4178785eb5_zps82da56df.jpg

it IS possible for some. Maybe not all, but for some there is still hope.

2b9c84a3-7c9e-44f3-bdb4-7682bbc4d4d1_zps44b0767f.jpg

I think I love the preggo belly picture even more than the rock hard abs picture!! You are too cute! Thanks for chiming in. Of course, I immediately thought of you when I read this eons ago... I can't believe it is still going...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

The bottom line is there isn't anything you can do about them and you are probably the only person who even notices them, so why stress?

This.

Also, I pointed out some of the stretch marks (from 35 pounds I gained in college) to my husband years ago. He told me that they are because I work out all the time. So, anytime I notice any of the ones on my thighs, I think of how much I work out.
  • Geloza
    Options

I'm not stressing over it, just want to do as much as I can to improve it for myself. Even if my loose skin and stretch marks on my stomach do in fact prevent me from having what I want, that's fine and pretty much irrelevant. Without hope, there is no reason to do anything so I will hold on to my hope and continue working towards it.

We'll see what I end up with! I'll love it no matter how it turns out because I know the years and the work that went into it. :heart:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I KNOW I SAID THIS AT THE END OF THE ABOVE THREAD BUT IT SHOULD BE REPEATED SO WOMEN WITH CHILDREN DO NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES OR HAVE UNREAL EXPECTATIONS, AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT HAD KIDDIES KUDOS TO YOU, I USED TO HAVE RIPPED ABS BEFORE I HAD KIDS ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!! LOL....I don't care how skinny you get, how much weight you lose, or how many sit-ups or training you do, how much self discipline, self will you have, if you have had babies, especially 2-3+ there's no way you will have a ripped stomach EVER AGAIN. Although it can be IMPROVED WITH EXERCISE AND MOSTLY IMPROVED BY SURGURY. There will always be that extra skin from STRETCHING.....but for me I am PROUD AND OF MY STRETCH MARKS those are my BATTLE SCARS and I would not have my BEAUTIFUL SONS WITHOUT THEM :)

This is asinine on several levels. The OP of that thread has two children and was obese. And dozens, if not hundreds, of mothers on here have gone from overweight/obese to fitness model bodies.

Your projection and excuses are sad to me. Reporting this post to have it removed.
  • Sarra33
    Sarra33 Posts: 30
    Options
    I was going to post about the several women I know with 2, 3, 4 and in one case 5 children who have gone on to compete in fitness and body building competitions but I see that's been covered already.

I think almost everybody has the potential for ripped abs, it all comes down to whether or not one is willing to do the work (in the gym and in the kitchen) and make the sacrifices to get them. I'm not. I'll never have a 6-pack because I don't want it bad enough. Doesn't mean it's not possible.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

This is asinine on several levels. The OP of that thread has two children and was obese. And dozens, if not hundreds, of mothers on here have gone from overweight/obese to fitness model bodies.

Your projection and excuses are sad to me. Reporting this post to have it removed.

Tim, it's been over a week since it was first posted.
    Why bother at this point?
    The OP never came back after page 3 (maybe 4?).