30 day shred 1/22 (closed group)

Options
Here we go!

So I'm going to throw it out there, but no one needs to if they don't want to. :wink:

sw: 150.6
bust: 40"
waist: 35"
hips: 40"

:grumble:

Hopefully soon to change!

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm in! How do you join a closed group?
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    We are trying to keep the group small so we don't lose people, but since we are just starting and there aren't that many of us, I guess you can play too. :laugh: Here's what I sent to the group.

30 Day Shred! Here we go!
    The group looks like:
    Ouryear002
    laurascott20
    baby81girl2003
    mazie129
    CriketKate
    BigBootyMimi
    wannabahotmama
    Heatherw7
    Seems like a good number. I'm going to start a new thread titled "30 day shred 1/22 closed group" That will be for us!

From what I understand, you are supossed to do the DVD every day. I know some people (like me!) may not be able to do this. Let's keep checking in anyway. The important thing is to not quit! We can do it!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pssst... can I join? *smiles*
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I say whoever wants to join...BRING IT! We're all in this together!
  • ouryear002
    Options
    Oh holy lord. BabyGirl-you are obviously in better shape than I am. Jumping jacks. Jillian Micheals gets off on others pain. But I did it all. I am sitting here dripping sweat, but feeling good! Time to shower.

What do the rest of you think of another fresh face to the group?
  • baby81girl2003
    Options
    Jumping were...torture yes lol. I've been doing her "Last Chance Workout" for about 2 weeks so I am a little used to her style. She works your butt off! Can't wait to do mine today. I think I'm going to hit the treadmill too. Working out at 4pm today!
  • xp0sed
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join!!

I will most likely be doing this every-other day because I run 5k the other days.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm going to be starting this afternoon when the baby goes down for his nap.

SW 143
    GW 120
  • heatherw7
    Options
    I'm a day ahead of everyone so today will be L1 D2 for me... and i really did not want to get out of bed this morning! My legs arent bad since ive already been working them... but my arms and abs are like.... WOWZA! This is a good good thing!!! :)

I havent taken my starting measurements but I really need to do that. I'm alot heavier than you all it looks like. Starting weight 198.
    Hopefully my husband can find our tape today so I can measure. I know i've lost 2.5 pounds since starting MFP but yesterday I wore my 13/14 pants when ive been wearing 16.. so.. we'll see!
  • ouryear002
    Options
    I know i've lost 2.5 pounds since starting MFP but yesterday I wore my 13/14 pants when ive been wearing 16.. so.. we'll see!

Nice! Somethings working! This was the first time I measured (I was too scared to measure at the start :laugh: )

I must say, I did like some of the things Jillian said. When she said you won't find a modified jumping jack b/c if a 400 lb person can do them, so can you...well that shut my whining down!:embarassed:
  • xp0sed
    Options
    I will do my measurements and take pictures when I get home from work today!
  • baby81girl2003
    Options
    I was surprised when I took my measurements today. I lost 1.5 inches from my hips, and half an inch from my right thigh (it was bigger to begin with then left) So I am pretty excited!
  • heatherw7
    Options
    L1 D2 down! You know, I FEEL so good! I'm so sore but it feels soo great! I also smell...so it's shower time for me! LOL

Keep pushing ladies! Halfway through I didnt think I was gonna make it, but by circuit three I knew it was almost over and pushed through!

Also, how long should you wait after exercising to eat something? I know I'm out of shape and it will get better, but after this workout I feel really shakey. My husband says to wait at least an hour and just drink lots of water afterward, but I'm diabetic and usually when i feel shakey i need to eat something. Anyone know? My blood sugar is a tad low but not enough to make me shakey. Maybe just my muscles getting used to this kind of exercise i guess?
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Good luck girls!!! It's a GREAT workout for only 20-25 minutes. I have been doing it in combo with cardio for about 2 weeks now. I feel a big difference. AND YES those jumping jacks are BRUTAL :)
  • ouryear002
    Options
    Heather- I think it is ok to eat after if you don't feel pukey! After all, the power dudes always do the protein shake deal right after working out. I would have something small with protein and see how you feel. Though my legs were a bit wobbly for most of the morning!
  • mruiz22
    mruiz22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    is there still room for one more person?
  • xp0sed
    Options
    Always!!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Heather I feel shaky too and I am not diabetic! I'm pretty sure it's just how out of shape we are! :laugh:

I just finished D1, L1 and I barely cheated ( I kinda slacked on the anterior raises at the end b/c I have really weak shoulders). After I was done I felt so good I decided to do Shred It With Weights! I know, I'm a glutton for punishment....but since I do not hit the gum on weekends I felt compelled to do something else.

Also, here are my stats as of today:

Weight: 136.8
    Bust: 35.5
    Natural Waist: 27
    Low Waist ("Love Handles"): 34.5
    Hips: 38.5
    Thigh: 22.5
    Bicep: 11.25

I am so glad this thread is here. I told my husband I have to do this for 30 days, every day because I can't let you guys down. He doesn't get cit, but I am serious!
  • xp0sed
    Options
    Finished day 1 about an hour ago. I forgot how damn hard the first cardio circuit is with jumping jacks and jump rope. It makes me want to die but I did it!

Stats:

Weight: 115lbs
    Bust: 32
    Waist: 26.5
    Bicep: 10.5
    Hips: 35
    Thighs: 22
    Calves: 13.4
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 down. I hate that woman!:wink: How did you track calories burned. My hrm said that I only burned 43 calories, but I was still huffing and puffing 20 minutes later. That doesn't seem right.