How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• iwilldoit2018
    iwilldoit2018 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Never mind - i figured it out.
  • Libbymyfitnesspal
    Libbymyfitnesspal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Got this working great on the computer. I realise this doesn't carry through to the app, but is it ok to install this script via firefox on a tablet or a phone?
  • ccarchie
    ccarchie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried this for hours tonight, with no success. Userscripts.org is down and I don't know where else to go to copy and paste the script that others have posted. HELP!!!!!:cry:
  • lakean02
    lakean02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • girlycanuck
    girlycanuck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bumping this again. I was able to get the points to show up and I made the edits of changing fale to true but as an above poster mentioned, fruits and veggies are still showing up with points. We need someone who knows how to write or undstands these scripts. There must be a way to fix it...but I have no idea how...lol
  • JVP3122
    Options
    You'll likely have to add the logic in yourself. Since MFP doesn't discern between regular food and fruits and vegetables you could create a class that lists all of the possible fruits and vegetables that you eat and have it override the formula to set the points to 0 in the function getPointOld around line 48 in the code. Or, if you don't want to learn how to code that you could just subtract the points for fruits and vegetables on your own.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Bumping this again. I was able to get the points to show up and I made the edits of changing fale to true but as an above poster mentioned, fruits and veggies are still showing up with points. We need someone who knows how to write or undstands these scripts. There must be a way to fix it...but I have no idea how...lol
    No one's going to be able to code that themselves. The points calc is just a formula that uses items that MFP lists-- easy. But MFP doesn't have any indicator of what is fruit and vegetables and what isn't, and if they did, there'd still be exceptions for things like avocado that aren't free.

Put a section in your diary labelled 'produce' or 'free WW foods' and log your produce/free foods in it. Have it the last section in the diary. Then you can easily glance at the points total and the produce total and just do a quick subtraction in your head.

E.g.,
    points total: 40
    produce total: 9
    Actual points used (in your head): 31

Or easier yet-- Don't log your free foods. But if you want a calorie total, you'll have to. :smile:
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love this! Now I can save 19 bucks a month :) One suggestion though... if you really want to track on your phone, you can enter the foods using MFP app on your phone, but make sure to check the computer to know where you are points wise. This is what I'm doing if I'm out and about. I know the points values of most places I go regularly, and if I don't, I plan ahead, so then I just track it on my phone and next time I check the computer the points are there.
  • abes52
    abes52 Posts: 1
    Options
    Is there a way to view the points on the MFP app? Or you can only see them using firefox online?
  • butterfly420km
    butterfly420km Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ccarchie wrote: »
    I tried this for hours tonight, with no success. Userscripts.org is down and I don't know where else to go to copy and paste the script that others have posted. HELP!!!!!:cry:

WSS^^ Does anyone know how else to do this? I am lost without my WW online app, but I couldn't afford it anymore. I feel like MFP doesn't give me enough calories, and I run out way earlier than I ever ran out of WW points.

• WalkingAlong
    Options
    The entire script is on the prior page of this thread. Though be warned it doesn't work in the MFP phone app, just the desktop site.
  • seasonalspice
    seasonalspice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to get this to work, but I can't seem to get it. I'm familiar with coding and have followed the directions, but the extra line saying points won't show up.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Did you do this step?

make sure to go to the food - settings in MFP to only show Calories, Carbs, Fat, Fiber and Protein (and they need to show in that order).
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to be with Weight Watchers (I got fed up and tired with it all) and dropped out in Oct. and finally this December I cancelled my membership....YEA! A friend told me about MFP and I joined up real quick. I can tell ya this "Wow! What an eye opening experiencing this has been for me!!" No wonder I wasn't losing weight prior to joining MFP. If you see exactly how many calories are in vegs and fruits you'll think twice how "free" those foods really are per weight watchers. It's a real eye opener for me!
    I've recently switched from Weight Watchers myself (joined up in 2011) and am loving MFP. I don't think I'll worry about tracking points and calories though. Just seems a bit redundant now that I've moved to MFP. Seeing how much sugar I've been consuming (particularly in my 2 serves of fruit) was a massive shock. Getting that down will be a challenge but, I'm determined.

The only slight frustration is that MFP doesn't show calories burned for strength exercises. So, I don't know if I'm meeting my exercise targets on the days that I do more strength than cardio. I'll invest in some sort of activity tracker (Polar or Fitbit... haven't decided) soon which will fill in the blanks.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Bec
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Bec- Strength training doesn't burn many calories, and no tracker will even pretend to estimate it.

I don't worry about points anymore, either, but I also wouldn't worry about fructose, but maybe you have different challenges. <3
  • TrishBH
    TrishBH Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bailey_Bonfire
    Bailey_Bonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bailey_Bonfire
    Bailey_Bonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I added the script and all I see is the Weight Watchers in the end column but no points listed. I am using chrome and installed TamperMonkey. Any ideas?