Pet Peeves

Options
Ump78
Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
We all have little things thst drive us batsh*t crazy, right. What are some things you detest?

I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi. I was raised by an English teacher, so I tend to correct others when they aren't grammatically correct (it's a sickness. I know). One of the things that makes me want to scream is:

I could care less

COULD? Could means that there's a possibility that your level of concern is elevated above zero. Therefore, it's possible for you to care less. The correct phraseology is :

I COULDN'T care less.
COULDN'T means that it is impossible for you to have any less concern than you have currently. Zero fks given, if you will.

Am I just a sicko, or are there other nit-pickers afoot?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    People who want to LOOSE weight and people who want to know how to deal with LOSE skin....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OMG when people say irregardless! Ah that would be "regardless".
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    People who want to LOOSE weight and people who want to know how to deal with LOSE skin....
    Laughs Vis
  • bluuu123
    bluuu123 Posts: 83
    Options
    people who still misspell "your" & "you're" - COULD U NOT?!?!?! AODKNJAIDJOSMnjHIJOFFHJIOFJNDSFDF
  • LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    Options
    Young women who post "I'm stalled. What am I doing wrong?" Then you click their profile and see that they weigh 112.
    I couldn't care less that they are not loosing weight.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Trainers that blindly believe caliper readings and tell their clients dumb **** like they just gained 10kg of muscle while losing 10kg of fat.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand blatant ignorance. I'm not asking you to be a rocket scientist, but goodness gracious, stop being an idiot.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Slow people
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Constantly being asked if im finding everything alright when i just stepped into the door of a business and then every time i turn into another aisle again and again im asked, but when i am actually trying to find something no one is in sight.
  • ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ummm I have a lot, but my big one that really controls my life is my intolerance to a lot of noises. especially food related noises like chewing or crunching. I get so mad at myself everytime I get annoyed with someone when they are eating with me, but I swear I can't help it. Noises just bother me so much!
  • countryboy1975
    Options
    Dishes in the sink and using more than one glass at a time
  • dsm1991
    dsm1991 Posts: 156
    Options
    gramer nasis
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Self proclaimed Uber-Mother-of the-Year types.

When I buy things and the labels don't come off easily.

Winos
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

When I buy things and the labels don't come off easily.

I hate when I buy things and the price tag doesn't come off easily. Irks me no end.

Continuous beeping noises.

People who cough in public and don't cover their mouths.

Loud talkers on otherwise quiet trains.
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    people who still misspell "your" & "you're" - COULD U NOT?!?!?! AODKNJAIDJOSMnjHIJOFFHJIOFJNDSFDF
    Calm down. Your losing it!
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    Empty containers being put back in the pantry/fridge.
  • christullos
    Options
    People who won't get off their cell phones when checking out at the store.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh so many!

People who refuse to listen to reason.
    Folks who are bombastic (although saying bombastic is almost bombastic!)
    People who chew with their mouths open. Please Please keep the food in there, it makes me stare to see how much falls out.
    Finally

People who laugh at others when they try to workout. :( At least we are trying you can piss off. *grumble*
  • CarynMacD
    Options

That's also on my "top ten" list.
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    Here's some more:

Muscle weighs more than fat.
    Spam.
    Fishing for compliments.
    The word "try". Indicates zero commitment. In the words of Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no try."
    Using texting slang or abbreviations.