Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    *whew*
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    One of the things that makes me want to scream is:

I could care less

COULD? Could means that there's a possibility that your level of concern is elevated above zero. Therefore, it's possible for you to care less. The correct phraseology is :

I COULDN'T care less.
    COULDN'T means that it is impossible for you to have any less concern than you have currently. Zero fks given, if you will.
    [/quote]I've long been amazed at how this bothers people. So I complete the sentence. "I could care less... but not much less."
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    *whew*

I've been on here longer than 10 months, duh. and i was hoping someone would take it seriously but too smart you are
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    *whew*

I've been on here longer than 10 months, duh. and i was hoping someone would take it seriously but too smart you are
    rme
  • Megan101792
    Options
    *whew*

rme

What?
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    When you are minding your own business listening to music at the gym and someone keeps tapping you on the shoulder to talk to you.

The gym is where I look ugly, I don't want people approaching me lol.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    When you are minding your own business listening to music at the gym and someone keeps tapping you on the shoulder to talk to you.

The gym is where I look ugly, I don't want people approaching me lol.

this is why I work out at about 2am. Nobody there
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    people who still misspell "your" & "you're" - COULD U NOT?!?!?! AODKNJAIDJOSMnjHIJOFFHJIOFJNDSFDF

There, Their, They're....it will be ok

People thinking this is just a good and fitness site..wth hello megan...
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand blatant ignorance. I'm not asking you to be a rocket scientist, but goodness gracious, stop being an idiot.

This for the win.

Also: people who tuck a t-shirt into their pants. Yes, it's an odd issue, but it bugs me to the point where I make any of my students with the tuck untuck it before I will start class. (Good thing that a] I work at the university level and b] my students have a sense of humor; otherwise I'd probably have long since been brought up on harrassment charges.)
  • Megan101792
    Options
    people who still misspell "your" & "you're" - COULD U NOT?!?!?! AODKNJAIDJOSMnjHIJOFFHJIOFJNDSFDF

hello and that is big pet peeve. Learn grammar
  • Pippa_ttc
    Pippa_ttc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "would of", "could of"... :explode:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

Thanks for noticing...the Damn auto correct took food and made it good...that was not on purpose. So freakin early
  • Megan101792
    Options

Thanks for noticing...the Damn auto correct took food and made it good...that was not on purpose. So freakin early

Autocorrect has ruined relationships before or covers up lies...haha...not early for me. working for the past 9 hours.
    People who do not use their turn signals

Wait, what? mfp isn't just a food and fitness website? I would of never guessed
  • BarbieFromHellx
    Options
    People who don't shut the door properly and jealous people are major pet peeves of mine.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    People who don't shut the door properly and jealous people are major pet peeves of mine.

I didn't know I was cooling the outside too.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    Options

Huh?
  • Megan101792
    Options

Huh?

have the air on and people leave the door open?
  • Infamous_El_Guapo
    Infamous_El_Guapo Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Lazy *kitten* people that just leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    Options
    Lazy *kitten* people that just leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot.

I hate this so much
  • Megan101792
    Options

I walk inside and take the cart in. Extra exercise. FYI never call your mother out for doing that who leaves the cart in an empty parking space...you will be glad only because you drove and don't live with her