Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• CindyArlene
    CindyArlene Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    People who greet you while walking past and ask how you are, and then they just keep walking without waiting for an answer!

I always wonder why they ask at all if they can't be bothered to wait for your answer.
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Razor blade adverts, where they inform you that the fourth blade shaves closer than the other three!! If that's the case, then why have the other three?
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    People who borrow your pens and then stick them in their mouth. GROSS NO I DO NOT WANT MY PEN BACK
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yukkk, Shy people who do have the confidence to Hi
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    People who borrow your pens and then stick them in their mouth. GROSS NO I DO NOT WANT MY PEN BACK

Lol I know how this feels haha. I've actually said it straight to some people that they can keep em
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Hey, I am one of those people, but I say hi

People talking down to you just because you are younger than them but have been working longer and know more about the job than them. That just makes me grind my gears in just how many ways I can kill you or point you out wrong.
  • Megan101792
    Options

Lol I know how this feels haha. I've actually said it straight to some people that they can keep em

I like expensive pens that write smoothly and clean lines...I just now carry around cheap ones for ones to borrow and then hide my nice ones.
  • YF92
    Options

People talking down to you just because you are younger than them but have been working longer and know more about the job than them. That just makes me grind my gears in just how many ways I can kill you or point you out wrong.

I get this a lot in work since I'm the youngest engineer (or trainee engineer to be exact). Its kinda because my boss told one of em that despite me being new I'm better than him lol :tongue:

I like expensive pens that write smoothly and clean lines...I just now carry around cheap ones for ones to borrow and then hide my nice ones.

I carry both for this reason
  • Megan101792
    Options

I get this a lot in work since I'm the youngest engineer (or trainee engineer to be exact). Its kinda because my boss told one of em that despite me being new I'm better than him lol :tongue:

haha. ive been at one of my jobs for over 6 years now and just because im young and you are 40 and just newly hired doesnt mean im your milk maid or do all the dirty work because you consider yourself at a higher status. I have seniority over you despite being younger. That is a pet peeve.
  • YF92
    Options

haha. ive been at one of my jobs for over 6 years now and just because im young and you are 40 and just newly hired doesnt mean im your milk maid or do all the dirty work because you consider yourself at a higher status. I have seniority over you despite being younger. That is a pet peeve.

I remember 2 weeks after starting work our manager (I don't report directly to him) did not want me to attend one of the site meetings (I attended one before) because he didn't think I'm senior enough to be there, he did not tell me directly but he got word to my supervisor. I did not keep silent about this though and went and talked to him directly and for that he allowed in & now I can see he respects me more.

Sometimes you gotta show your protest at stuff I suppose (In a diplomatic manner)
  • Megan101792
    Options

I remember 2 weeks after starting work our manager (I don't report directly to him) did not want me to attend one of the site meetings (I attended one before) because he didn't think I'm senior enough to be there, he did not tell me directly but he got word to my supervisor. I did not keep silent about this though and went and talked to him directly and for that he allowed in & now I can see he respects me more.

Sometimes you gotta show your protest at stuff I suppose (In a diplomatic manner)

I am very vocal but in a respectable way to them about that just because I am younger doesn't mean I don't know my job. Healthcare jobs have high turnover rates so every new person who is hired and is older usually is like this
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    people who still misspell "your" & "you're" - COULD U NOT?!?!?! AODKNJAIDJOSMnjHIJOFFHJIOFJNDSFDF

There, Their, They're....it will be ok

People thinking this is just a good and fitness site..wth hello megan...

hello and that is big pet peeve. Learn grammar

Thanks for noticing...the Damn auto correct took food and made it good...that was not on purpose. So freakin early

Autocorrect has ruined relationships before or covers up lies...haha...not early for me. working for the past 9 hours.
    People who do not use their turn signals

Wait, what? mfp isn't just a food and fitness website? I would of never guessed

I am fairly new to the site and people ask where my diary is #1 if i knew i wouldn't tell. That stuff is private. ...
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    well....

If I tried, I COULD care less about this thread. I don't care much about it now, but if I put some effort into it, my level of care could be reduced.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Thought of another one while walking my dog last night:

People that don't pick up after their dogs. Seriously, how hard is it?!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a grammar nazi myself.... It absolutely drives me crazy to see people misusing there, their and they're!!! The other one is the misuse of to, too and two!
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow, I started to think about it and the list is quite big. Haha! I hate spilling/dropping food, it makes me want to growl and scream. Interestingly enough if someone else does it I just want to clean it imediately as fast and effectively as possible. I hate people with bad manners, particularly bad table manners, eating with their mouths open so the food is just about waving at me and throwing hand signals, talking while eating, slurping, all noises, it all just make me want to gauge my eyes out (note: the tv Chef Giada is o disgusting! She does all these things!). Other things are people who rip open packages so they are ruined and you can't close/put it away properly. People who bad mouth their significant other. People with ****ed up, uneven eyebrows. People who murder and rip grammar books, and speak in text slang all the time.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Chewing with mouth open, especially gum...Dear lord, that really, really gets under my skin.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    people who still misspell "your" & "you're" - COULD U NOT?!?!?! AODKNJAIDJOSMnjHIJOFFHJIOFJNDSFDF

There, Their, They're....it will be ok

People thinking this is just a good and fitness site..wth hello megan...

hello and that is big pet peeve. Learn grammar

Thanks for noticing...the Damn auto correct took food and made it good...that was not on purpose. So freakin early

Autocorrect has ruined relationships before or covers up lies...haha...not early for me. working for the past 9 hours.
    People who do not use their turn signals

Wait, what? mfp isn't just a food and fitness website? I would of never guessed

I am fairly new to the site and people ask where my diary is #1 if i knew i wouldn't tell. That stuff is private. ...

People want to snoop, duh. Mines open.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    OMG when people say irregardless! Ah that would be "regardless".

Hashtag Mean Girls Quotes!
  • Megan101792
    Options
    hashtags