Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    ppl who type like they txt. I mean srsly?

I don't even abbreviate while texting. It bothers me and because I'm a grammar nazi, I can't send it that way.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I don't even abbreviate while texting. It bothers me and because I'm a grammar nazi, I can't send it that way.

Me either. It takes a bit more time but at least you can read and understand what I'm saying. Sometimes I'll type "IDK" but that's only when I"m seriously lazy.

I was watching one of those murder p*rn shows and this woman killed her husband and pretended like he was still alive by texting friends and family. They knew something was off because he used the short versions of texting and she was using full-on sentences.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Dishes in the sink and using more than one glass at a time

Glad we're not friends - new cup every time I go to the kitchen! Sorry Not Sorry

When you're talking to someone face to face and they're texting on their phones. Well, I'll go and enjoy the rest of my day then!

Right!
    Girl/Dude Bye!
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Dishes in the sink and using more than one glass at a time

Glad we're not friends - new cup every time I go to the kitchen! Sorry Not Sorry

When you're talking to someone face to face and they're texting on their phones. Well, I'll go and enjoy the rest of my day then!

Right!
    Girl/Dude Bye!

Agreed
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Me either. It takes a bit more time but at least you can read and understand what I'm saying. Sometimes I'll type "IDK" but that's only when I"m seriously lazy.

I was watching one of those murder p*rn shows and this woman killed her husband and pretended like he was still alive by texting friends and family. They knew something was off because he used the short versions of texting and she was using full-on sentences.

People have tendencies. I notice them in the people that text me. My late husband was that way. I new when something was off with him by they way he texted.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Here's one that's common on this site: lose vs. loose.

Once we lose weight, our clothes become loose.

lose = /looz/ to fail to keep or hold

loose = /loos/ not tightly fastened, attached, or held; not pulled or stretched tight

According to the merriam-webster.com site, those /oo/ should actually be a u with two dots on top, but I don't know how to do that.
    :frown:
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    People dont get the drift you dont like them
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    People who yield right-of-way when driving.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    The words "Hot" and "Meh" :tongue:

Rude, uncaring people! Thats my biggest peeve!!!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Here's one that's common on this site: lose vs. loose.

Once we lose weight, our clothes become loose.

lose = /looz/ to fail to keep or hold

loose = /loos/ not tightly fastened, attached, or held; not pulled or stretched tight

According to the merriam-webster.com site, those /oo/ should actually be a u with two dots on top, but I don't know how to do that.
    :frown:

ü (alt+0252)
    http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/100808/how-to-type-spanish-letters-and-accents-#.U_-oN2cg_rc

Has anyone ever told you that you are their pet peeve? I start conversations about how I wonder what non-Christians feel when wished "Merry Christmas", or how many people might be deeply offended by the term "grammar Nazi". No one else is curious about these things when I bring them up. I've been told repeatedly to stop over-analyzing things and that it's annoying.

ETA: the spacing was weird with the link and it was irritating to look at
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Reality tv...i used to watch a couple shows but thru hsve turned everything into a reality show...Mtv being anything bit MISIC TELEVISION...
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    ghetto speak :noway: It seems to be "popular" right now where I live to sound as stupid/ignorant as possible. We can throw Ebonics in there too if you want. I used to have a foster daughter who I swear to you could not speak proper English if her life depended on it because that was what her mother taught her. :noway: (I could rant about this at length but I won't)

General stupidity - this explains why I hate Walmart so much... :laugh:

My upstairs neighbor smoking in his bathroom and turning the fan on so that it all rolls down into my apartment so that my asthmatic self can suck cancer :smokin: :angry: If I wanted to smoke I wouldn't have quit 3 years ago, thanks! :grumble:

When my husband leaves his dirty laundry on the floor or worse, throws it AT the basket but it misses and he doesn't put it in the basket!! OMG what are you 2 years old?! Pick it up you lazy bum! :explode:

and with that I'll leave it be, if I told you everything about my husband that is a pet peeve... well I might break the server. :laugh:
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    People who yield right-of-way when driving.

Thank you
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    People dont get the drift you dont like them

:laugh: this! ^
    I take a more direct approach of telling people I don't like them, subtly has it's place but not when you're annoying the hell out of me. :grumble:
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    People who don't acknowledge you when you have held a door open for them

People who pick up their dog poo in a plastic bag.. and then throw it up a tree

Trying to call a company and having to press 1 for this or 2 for that

Being on hold for over 20 minutes and then being cut off

Hashtags

Couples that make you walk in the road because they are holding hands and can't walk in single file

Clingfilm
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Country style decorating that includes stuffed animals wearing clothes.

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/203692/4d8dfc4b71985_203692n.jpg

How can you not like stuffed animals wearing clothes?

ay_109300523.jpg?w=650&h=974&crop=1
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Spelling/usage errors ALWAYS get me.

Several of my favorites:

"Now excepting new patients"

"Flee market this Saturday"

"Large pizza, hafe off " (Seriously?) My kids saw this one, and we still joke about it!)

Also, at McDonalds "Cheesebugers"
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    People who want to LOOSE weight and people who want to know how to deal with LOSE skin....

omg I was just complaining about this to my husband yesterday when reading my emails. lol My other one is people who ask me what my "secret" is and when I say just eating good food at a deficit and being more active and their eyes start to gloss over and they quickly respond with oh I could never do that, or I guess that works for you or some other diet "tip" they heard on dr oz or the o channel. uggg That annoys the crap out of me so I avoid these types of conversations like the plague unless I know that they are really serious about doing the work it takes.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Country style decorating that includes stuffed animals wearing clothes.

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/203692/4d8dfc4b71985_203692n.jpg

How can you not like stuffed animals wearing clothes?

ay_109300523.jpg?w=650&h=974&crop=1
    Not quite the same thing. That looks like taxidermy, and it's nipples are freaking me out.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a few pet peeves but my biggest...

food related noises!!! Open mouth chewing, the sound of cutlery against plates, crunching, slurping. It's not even a typical pet peeve, I've have stopped talking to people and on one or to occasions either snapped and gone off on someone or smacked them. It's pretty bad, it even causes a twitch, so I warn people.