An Embarrassing Secret...

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    OK, here's a couple:

1) I'm 6'4" 250-ish# and terrified of rollercoasters! (FTR, I heard that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has same phobia). Slowly working my way up through the terror ranks; most recently a stand-up coaster called "The Shockwave". It'll probably be years before I work my way up to anything with more than a 100' drop or so. Curious that it's not a heights issue, but a drop issue. I regular ride things that go more much higher (e.g. "The Windseeker" >300'.)

2) I have a very hard time throwing away or donating old clothes, approaching hoarding territory. Very worn shoes/boxer briefs/T-shirts get demoted to "yard work" or "workout-at-home" duty. Hole-y undershirts get cut-up to be used as rags. I have some shirts/jeans approaching 20 y.o. but I still wear them occasionally. I guess it comes from growing up poor and wearing outgrown clothes as "play" clothes until I could even button/zip them up.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" 250-ish# and terrified of rollercoasters! (FTR, I heard that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has same phobia). Slowly working my way up through the terror ranks; most recently a stand-up coaster called "The Shockwave". It'll probably be years before I work my way up to anything with more than a 100' drop or so. Curious that it's not a heights issue, but a drop issue. I regular ride things that go more much higher (e.g. "The Windseeker" >300'.)

Yeah you are definitely not alone. I love roller coasters but over the years I've gone to amusement parks with several previous significant others, all big cool/tough guys (one was 6'5" 300 lb in fact) and they totally wussed out on me. NOT calling you a wuss btw, just find this funny and it IS common apparently :-)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I won't spend the night anywhere without my pillow. I also will take it along with me during long-ish car trips. It's kind of like my security blanket, only in pillow form.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    When i was single and didnt have a dog id have to look under the bed before i went to sleep and check behind shower curtain when i came home, i would have to yank it back real fast like what the hell would i do if someone was ever there.

When i lived alone years ago, I would check the entire apartment before going to bed every night. Like you, I have no idea what i would have done if i had found a serial killer hiding.
    The serial killer is behind shower curtain, the bogeyman is under the bed. I will not sleep close to the edge or let arm dangle from bed just in case.
  • talentedmom56
    talentedmom56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think that's cute. Use to have a little dog that went everywhere with me. It was ost during a move. Still miss Sally.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick I still want my mommy. For some reason she knows exactly what I need.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    When I was 28 and single, I got relocated from Houston to Oak Ridge, TN. I packed every thing I owned into a 2-door car, and drove over the weekend to start work Monday morning. After the first day, I checked out the local gym and played racquetball, or tried to. I was so exhausted from operating on adrenaline for three days, I took the first swing at the ball and the racquet smashed into my face. I had to immediately leave, find the ER, and I got 5 stitches in my face above my right eyebrow. Next morning I realized i had not yet transferred my health benefits to a local health system so I went to see HR with a hellova shiner. the nice HR woman was a sweet grandmother in demeanor and listened to my rambling story of moving, racquetball, injuring myself, and needing to transfer benefits. She looked at me for a long time saying nothing, then stood up and said "Come with me." We went out to the hall and I was flipping out! Did she not believe me? Did she think I had been in a fight or drinking? We got out into the hall and she said, "Your fly is down."

After that, every time I saw her in the building she would smile and ask me if everything was holding up OK.
  • kalleybo12345
    kalleybo12345 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only wear thongs. never underwear. that's not embarrassing, right? well, the reason I wear them is so I can fart freely wherever I am. in line at the grocery store? not a problem. walking with my friends? no biggie. seriously, I don't know if this works for everyone, but as long as you've got a snug thong, your farts don't make a sound.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I am insanely afraid of snakes, to the point where I will panic if I even see a picture of a snake. If someone is talking about a snake I get extremely uneasy and am convinced that a snake is nearby. It's awful. I'm a freak. lol
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing!

I am possibly the worlds worst driver so I never got my license which has made me city bound forever and I am kind of sad about it because I love rural areas.

I have to go pee right before I go to bed no matter if I have to or not. If I have gone go to bed and decide I need to check my phone, get a glass of water, turn on my A/C I need to pee again sometimes nothing even happens but if I walk there and back it is good enough.
  • tonyamariepierce
    tonyamariepierce Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also do not know how to operate a dvd player or any remote control for that matter. I am not stupid , I just really do not care to learn. if I want to watch tv, I walk up to the box and push the buttons.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I eat tuna directly from the can and I do not drain it.
  • mybeesknees
    Options
    I have a birthmark on my left butt cheek and it's really pink.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and can't swim.

I have also lived neat the ocean my entire life....the shame...
  • badfire2625
    Options
    As a pilot, I prefer flying. Like literally flying... as opposed to riding in a plane with someone else flying. Small planes are fun AND safe.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I learned kung-fu from spider webs
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have an insane fear of bridges...especially large suspension bridges like in NYC. When I was young, I watched a documentary and it showed a large bridge swaying and rippling while cars were on it. I cant remember if the bridge collapsed or not, but that picture sticks with me to this day. I can get across them but I have a minor panic attack until I'm across

That sounds like "Galloping Gertie" a bridge that was at the Tacoma narrows.
    You can relax, it was a design flaw that didn't account for the high crosswinds IIRC, and yes she went down.
    Is this it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I still can't swim.

My virginity remained intact until I was 24.

26 here.

I really like TV programs for little kids. My Little Pony, SpongeBob, etc. I used to watch Ni Hao, Kai Lan with my nieces every night. I think I was more excited about it than they were. I've watched most of the Barbie movies on my own. *smh*
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I will pass out at the sight of a snake. I was asked to stay home when the preschool I taught at took a field trip to the pet store. The previous year I was a parent chaperone, and hit the floor cold when a store employee stood next to me with an albino python.

Also can't swim, so I married a Navy Deep Sea Diver. I figure if the kids sink like me, he can save them.
  • NikkiLee1977
    Options
    Another bridge-phobe here! (Gephyrophobia, I believe.) I get terrible vertigo and feel like I'm going to pass out if I happen to look up at the suspension towers/cables. It gives me terrible anxiety to cross bridges (suspension or not).