anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I've been 145 in the past. I was happy with that so that's my first goal. I was a size 8/9 and happy with that too.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", about 143-145lbs and a size 6-8 at age 41. I am pretty happy with it. I am reasonably fit, run 3-4 miles 2 days a week on weekdays and 6-8 miles on the weekends, eat a pretty healthy diet and my body fat is at about 25%. I wouldn't mind getting down to 130-135, and that is my fitnesspal goal, and I think I'll get there eventually, but I am in no hurry. That will put me at about a size 4. Much thinner than that and I tend to look and feel weak.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that we are all stuck on the numbers... I have been back on MFP for a month now and my numbers are not changing but my body is... I am going to refrain from weighing myself--will be hard--- until I feel like I have reached where I want to be... I know I am losing but I have just finished a 30 day arm challenge so maybe a little muscle...
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Very!!! I'm 5'4 1/2" and fluctuate between 143 and 146. I am muscular and toned, but still curvy. For the first time in my life I am happy with my body :)
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I weigh 145... I am very happy. But the world needs to stop worrying about the number that appears on the scale or in your pants. I am a state champion in powerlifting at 18 years old... and I have an amazing body. Not meaning to brag, but I am very healthy. I want girls to realize that the number on the scale doesn't matter. It's what you look like. The real trick is to build up some muscle to tone your body. I don't mean to start lifting heavy like I do, because not everybody is into that, but it has gotten me my great body. Most people think I weigh around 110, and then when I tell them I lift and I weigh 145, they are absolutely baffled. The only reason that my goal weight is 135 is because I would like to be a little lower in my 148 weight class so I don't have to worry as much when weigh ins come along. It also makes my pound-for-pound better. Don't worry about the number, worry about how you feel. Don't focus on how many calories you eat and how much running you do. Just eat HEALTHY things when you're hungry, and do a little strength training. Push ups, crunches, kickbacks. Whatever. But if you want AMAZING results just start lifting heavy. I'd also like to clarify that it's a lot more attractive to people when a girl isn't a complete stick like you see in the magazines. Just do what you need to make you happy, not the scale. Who cares about BMI? According to mine, I'm overweight, and that's bull.

^^ This!!!!!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5-1/2" and I would LOVE to be 145! Stuck around 152
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Im trying to find my goal weight and I wanted to see success stories for women around 5'5" and about 145 lbs to see if that is what I want

Hear is a way to find your goal weight. Stare in the mirror and see what is you don't like. Weight wise change it to fit what you want.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What??
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    5'5 cw 144 gw 140, but not sure... am happy with the weight I am now but a bit scared to start maintaining. Currently size 10-12 and I exercise 7+ hours a week.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What??

If you don't like what you see in the mirror do something about it. Did you ride the short bus?
  • bu7lindsey
    bu7lindsey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This will be the first post I have ever given. lol. About time I guess. I am 5' 4 1/2" I currently weight 142. I am have wide hip bones, so I am curvy. I look good. I am more muscular than most, do to my career choices. I wear a size 10 pants, I dont like to squeeze into jeans so they sit looselly on my hips. I do jiggle on my theighs some but all that know me say I look great. By no means am I skinny nore do I want to be. My personal goal has to do with becoming lean so I can be a rescue swimmer in the Navy. It all depends on your body build, how much muscle you have, and where your body puts weight on. The more athletic "cardio stamina and muscle you have" will decide sooooo much at ANY WEIGHT!!! That is the most impacting on body shape I have found over the years, personally speaking. Please also keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat. Not sure if this is helpfull to anyone. Hopefully so. Best of luck on finding what makes you happy with your body.
  • WinnerMom27
    WinnerMom27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and before getting married and having kids, I was 140-145 lbs and was extremely happy with my weight and did care to lose another pound. I think it's important to keep in mind that MOST people are never fully satisfied with their body figure. Even those people who you think have a fantastic body/weight. You can be 115 lbs and still feel insecure about a little pudge in your tummy, nonmuscular arms, etc. I have/had many friends who weigh less than me and are much more insecure about their particular features.
    I don't get worked up about particulars too much - my belly, my arms, my back, my legs, etc. Yeah, it's never going to be "perfect" but who cares? I'm happy to just be at a healthy weight, have healthy vitamin levels, and not get out of breath from basic exercise like walking, going upstairs, etc.

Now I am 181 lbs and wishing to get back to 150! 140 is far from my mind :D
  • bandcsaletta
    Options
    Im trying to find my goal weight and I wanted to see success stories for women around 5'5" and about 145 lbs to see if that is what I want

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies…I wish I was at 145! That's my goal weight. I'm 5'4". My lowest adult weight was 115 and that was way too low for my bone structure…I inherited Scottish "wideness." Anyway, I've been working on weight training, cardio, but need to continue working on my eating and balancing carbs/proteins/fats…still got more than 30lbs to go!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    my highest weight was 140 at 5'4". it looked terrible on me. i'm not muscular though. i've seen this weight look better on women who are. i'm best at being under 110.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, 5'4 and currently about 130lbs. My goal is to get down to about 120lbs. But that is what I think suits my physique. Everyone can have different goals.
  • 39plus
    39plus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with most, that it really depends on the person and what they want to look like. I am 5"3 3/4, and I remember what I looked like at 145 (all through high school). Yes, that was a LONG time ago, but those were my best body days. When I was active duty, I weighed about 128 the entire time and looked like a Bobble-Head. My head is too large, I think, to be that thin (for ME). I had the Oprah effect when she went to size 10's. Nothing against her.
    I love the way I look in my size 12's (I'm size 14 now) and the way my body is shaped at 140-145. My curves are really something to see. Looking forward to that again....
    Good luck to everyone, regardless of your goal weight.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. I weigh 145 and I am thrilled with my weight. I used to weigh 115 in my twenties, but am very happy with where I'm at now.
    10540940.png
  • 39plus
    39plus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mamadon, congrats on your weight loss! As I mentioned earlier, I was happy at that weight as well, and that's what I'm striving for. As far as age, I am well into my 40's, and have no desire to be 100 pounds. As my profile states; my body crush is Serena Williams, and she is NOWHERE near thin....just toned and fit (my opinion only)
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am exactly 5'5" and 139 lbs at the moment. Not unhappy - but not satisfied either.

My starting weight was 166.2 and my original goal was 145 lbs. I lowered it to 140 lbs. and now I'd really like like to get to 135 - if I can do that, my ultimate goal will be 130 lbs.

For me, the more I've lost the more I can see the excess fat around my middle that still bulges over the waistband of my jeans. I'm not going crazy over this - I'm VERY much happier, feeling better physically, enjoying wearing smaller sizes and not having to hide my belly. In actual fact, though, I believe that 130-132 would be the ideal weight for me.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!