650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Options

Replies

• nomorecakeKP
    nomorecakeKP Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your story is very moving. Please don't feel bad for not being there when your sister died. She knew you loved her. There is nothing better to honor her than to show her you can lose the weight and care for yourself. You can live again, enjoy life even though she couldn't. She'd want you to do that.
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cried my eyes out reading this. We believe in you, go get it. Go get your life back. xxx
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you can make changes and start living. Good luck to you
  • iprayforwaves
    Options
    I hope you can accomplish your goals. Bravo!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's great to open up and start healing. Weight is a symptom of your life and therapy can help with your efforts. To heal you inside and out, and reach your goals, it's going to take a while. But you can do it. Just keep at it. :)
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your strory, you are very brave for sharing, I wish you the best. You are very inspiring. Sending friend request now.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Sitting here in tears! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on all your past, present and future accomplishments. Please consider starting an MFP blog to keep us updated on your progress.

TAKE CARE! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your story is truly an inspiration! I'm so sorry for all the pain you had to go through to get to a point where you're taking care of you and are much happier. However, you remind us that when the scale is not moving, we have so much to be thankful for. We can be thankful for so many non-scale victories. Keep being an inspiration to others and know I am here for you!! Thanks for being brave enough to share your story. You can do this. Just keep focusing on you and know that the pool is going to an awesome tool in your weight loss journey! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Very touching. So sorry for what all you have endured. I know your sister would be very proud of you taking control of your life. You can do this!!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Wow. Best of luck to you, your progress thus far is pretty amazing, and I know someday you will have another amazing paragraph of your success to add to it.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. You can totally do this!!!! Every step matters. Every good food choice matters. Every pound will count. You will succeed! I fully expect to see your success story here. Maybe you can post every 100 pound loss with before and after pics. Believe me - you will totally bask in the glory - accept those compliments and cyber hugs.

Log your food and exercise. Logging the food has been the most successful tool I've used. Don't beat yourself up if you stumble a little - get back on the program. We are all here to cheer you on with your progress.

:flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Such a moving story with such a great conclusion. Instead of giving up you are fighting with all you got! So AWESOME. Don't forget to celebrate EVERY little victory!! They will keep you moving in the right direction. Best wishes to you in your move and your weight loss :flowerforyou: Thank you for the inspiration today!
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel honored that you shared your story...well the beginning of your story!
    A poster on my wall reads:

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.
    Time will pass anyway"
    Earl Nightingale

Friend request sent.

Thanks you.
  • mochasmommie7193
    mochasmommie7193 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that I took the time to read your story. It would be an honor to be your friend on this journey. Request has been sent.
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow. I sit here and I truly feel for you! I also had a childhood similiar to yours and I can identify with your pain. I have used food as an emotional crutch as well and my weight has fluctuated because of it. That is a habit I am determined to break. I know that what gets me going is the sheer determination that while those people hurt me, I refuse to give them the power to influence the rest of my life. I guess I am a fighter at heart. I will send you a friend request because you deserve to LIVE your life. I know your sister is applauding your efforts now and will continue to do so. So my friend, one step at a time, one day at a time!
    Welcome to the start of your new life. What will the rest of your day be like? The power is all yours :)
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You were so brave to share your story. You really touched me. You're headed to a healthry place - might I suggest you find someone to talk to? It may help.

Sending a friend request. I'd be proud to call you a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • sunnygrl123
    sunnygrl123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What an amazing, inspiring story - so glad you shared. I'm blown away by your tenacity and strength. I have no doubt that you can do this, for yourself, and for your family!! The pain you've suffered as a child just breaks my heart. As I mother, I can't for the life of me understand your mother's thought process. All I can say, is that dysfunction tends to be passed on down the line, and I suspect she had some major issues of her own.

But you are SO worth it, and I'm glad you are taking your life back. I agree with another member who mentioned therapy. You seem to have a very good handle on HOW you got this way, but it would be so helpful for you to work through your anger and grief. You lost a childhood - you would be justified with just about every emotion one could have - it's not fair. But look at you...you are taking control and saving your life. So awesome. I'm cheering you on, all the way!!!
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I was brought to tears a few times reading it. You can so do this!!
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting - that's the first step! Acknowledging that you are worth the life you are now fighting to lead. The very best of luck to you :smile:
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i dont even know what to say. i have seen some excellent stories of people on here who have done what you are doing, so it can be done!

the point about learned behavior that you made, it hit really close to home for me. i had given up on myself and was gaining more than ever, teetering on the edge of 300, sitting all day in front of my computer, eating and eating and my small son just watching. i didnt ignore him and he hasnt been abused but he was watching and learning from me how to live. i am very thankful after reading your post that i have made the changes i have before it is too late. my son and i now exersize together, we go for bike rides, and he emulates me... when i lift my barbell he uses a pool noodle and water wings made into a pretend barbell. and he reads nutrition labels and learns about nutrition and how to make good choices.... its part of what keeps me going that he is learning to do better than i did.

i knew my future would be medically a mess if i kept going, and ignoring all the problems i already had. i started dealing with those this year. trying to fight of my pre-diabetes... medical issues i intentionally avoided due to a very self destructive personality that is harder to deal with than the medical issues and even the weight loss itself.... i guess. i can just say.. i relate more than i wish i did.

anyway your story is very honest and inspiring and all about truth time. keep up the honestly and being open to change. Im very glad to read your story, you helped me today. and i guess for someone who didnt know what to say i said a lot.

(edited to add, cucumber water sounds great... )