650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    What an amazing story... good luck on your journey... all of us on mfp will support you!
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    wow....I'll be thinking of you on your continued journey. Thank you for sharing your story and so glad you are here and are making the steps to your goals.You will do it! Also, I'm very sorry for the loss of your sister.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    I have no words...

But you have made an AMAZING Choice for yourself. And I applaude you for it. Not Many people at that weight would do it. I think most would just wait to die.

INSPIRING!!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    My heart goes out to you for all of your life's sorrows and losses. Coming back to MFP and allowing us to circle around you and welcome you back into this family is one of the best things you could have done for yourself! We all can relate to you in some way, so you will never be without kinship. Many of us have a tremendous weight loss we are fighting or maybe have already fought...and WON!! So, yet again, you are not alone in this struggle! Reach out every day for whatever you may need...whether it be advice, support, encouragement, high-fives, or just simple conversation. I would be so very honored to be one of what I'm sure will be many new friends for you :bigsmile: look for my friend request :flowerforyou:
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Holy Moly! As I read your post I was so sad for you. My heart ached. NO one should ever go through that shi# , ever! But then you started to sound stronger and stronger as you got to the end. I think you have a lot of friends here. You have a lot of people on your side. A lot of hugs for you . Embrace it all and run with it!!
    Best of luck to you. I will send you a FR , but something tells me you will have many!
    :)
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Tannun, thank you for sharing a history that so many on here can identify with, at least partially. You are so loving, insightful, and brave! I feel strongly that your sister is always near you and knows how much you honor her. You can do this! Please never give up. Also, I hope you consider saving and continuing your writing; because, you, my man, are an eloquent author! And the world needs to hear what you have to say! Rock on!!
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    you got this those baby steps will be giant steps before you know it. you've already made great progress :)

FR sent :)
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    wishing you all the best! you're definitely not alone in this journey... thanks for sharing your life story (crying buckets)
  • I know you can do this!!

Friend Request sent to you!
  • cm4ccd
    cm4ccd Posts: 6 Member
    Oh wow....all i keep saying over and over is
    Bless HIm...please Bless HIm. I can so identify with parts of your life. You can complete your journey....you will complete your journey.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Bump
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    QUOTE:
    "And god please, let me be one of those that do it!"

God allows choice. You have accepted HIS choice. Now it is up to you and all your supporters on MFP to keep on track. Baby steps and patience. Good luck.

Phil
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Dammit, I seem to have gotten a large hunk of dust in both my eyes.

I'm sorry for you loss, but I'm glad that you've decided to change your life. :heart:
  • I wish you all the best in your journey to a happy and healthy life. Your strife is one that many people face, and this is a great place to seek support. I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. She sounds like she was an amazingly compassionate and good person. Continue on with your journey, and make the most of life. You can do this
  • I read your post and I feel deeply for you and would like to be your friend. We can all pool together to help each one of us along our road to health and happiness. We are all fighting our own beasts in a way and need the help of good friends from time to time....

Many of those to be found on MFP.

Thank you,

Cheryl
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    I read your whole post... Wow, i'm speechless. You have been through hell and back... You deserve the new body you are working toward and you deserve happiness and peace. I would love to be your friend through this...
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Also, I just wanna add that I love that you have the courage to speak about what led to your weight gain. Some people are so ignorant and can not wrap their minds around how people gain weight. but its so easy, especially when coping skills for life events are taught. I know this for myself too, using food for comfort... I admire your courage... Really... You are such an inspiration
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    you are already a hero and a winner in my eyes. your story is painful, but you wrote it beautifully. many blessings and a warm welcome to our community
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Tannun, WOW! Your story has touched so many people, myself included. Please copy and paste your intro into a blog, so we can follow your story and cheer for you. Or form a group with the same title as your intro so we can find you. You are not alone on this journey.
    You now have a new career, as a writer/blogger. I hope to read more of your story.

Congrats on losing 153 lbs!
  • KSGLMM14
    KSGLMM14 Posts: 3 Member
    OMG, I don't know what to say. The positive attitude you have after all you have been thru.......just unbelievable. You have inspired more people than you will ever know by being so open and honest and having the courage to post this and try again. I am among the many who are now cheering you on: YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :-)