From 363.4 to 197.7 lbs: My One-Meal-a-Day Success Story

Options

Replies

• shrinkingmags
    shrinkingmags Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job! My best friend lost her weight the same way does'nt work for me but it worked great for her:)
  • Digby55
    Digby55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    From what I've read the issue of excess skin is both genetics and length of time one was heavy, as well as how heavy. Some people have skin that shrinks with them, others don't. Mine seems to be on the shrink side, so it's genetic luck in my case, as well as not being too heavy for too long.
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Since starting OMAD about two months ago, I'm down around 25 lbs, while my wife is down 15. It's a fantastic lifestyle and I don't feel guilty all of the time. I know that weight loss is time consuming, and that I need to be patient. I love being able to come home after a hard day, eat a big salad, a nice portion of meat, a carb (red potato, serving of corn, etc), and a light beer or two. It's great to be on a, "Diet," and feel full at the end of the day with a belly capped to the top with healthy food.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Since starting OMAD about two months ago, I'm down around 25 lbs, while my wife is down 15. It's a fantastic lifestyle and I don't feel guilty all of the time. I know that weight loss is time consuming, and that I need to be patient. I love being able to come home after a hard day, eat a big salad, a nice portion of meat, a carb (red potato, serving of corn, etc), and a light beer or two. It's great to be on a, "Diet," and feel full at the end of the day with a belly capped to the top with healthy food.

I'd LOVE to be down 25 lbs in two months... I hope this works as well for me as it has you!
  • Digby55
    Digby55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

The best part to me is actually feeling comfortably full (not stuffed!), which I never did spreading calories out over three meals. I think there is something biologically important about the "full" feeling, maybe that is what triggers satisfaction. I don't have cravings anymore, which for me is incredible. I'm eating about the same calories, but now losing weight. Can't beat that!
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. I love how the growth of the baby shows the passage of time.
  • bootygroove
    bootygroove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so good for 8 weeks, but the last two, I can feel myself sliding off track. I came on here this morning to see if I could find a spark of inspiration to get me back on track, and I found it. I truly needed to hear this. Thank you!

I have wondered how the one meal a day would work. I'm glad you shared your information. I've been doing two meals a day with a snack consisting of raw veggies or fruit. Here is to a new day!

Great job!
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Super job!!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Who am I to judge how you got there....you look great!!!
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump ...
  • FabMeliO
    FabMeliO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is working for me. I turned my lunch into lunch/dinner and it's working wonders! So far I'm able to lose 8 lbs a month or so. I also increased activity, if I cheat one day and eat stuff I shouldn't, I try not to overeat. I think this is more sustainable than dieting since it's something I can keep doing for the rest of my life with minimum restrictions.

Of course, now I try to pick the healthier choices of the things I love. For example, I love pizza, so I don't eat the pepperoni or ham one anymore, I pick the one with mushrooms instead. I try to avoid soda now, but if I have one, diet version. If I have cravings for something sweet, I cut on my meal to make room for dessert instead of eating my dinner completely and then adding the dessert. I also try to count calories, but I don't drive myself crazy over them, if I go over my daily calorie goal I don't beat myself up and make up for it with a little more activity or by cutting on the calories the next day. And btw, take the stairs! It does work! ;)
  • Veil5577
    Options
    Would chewing sugarless gum be considered breaking the fast? I don't know how much it has in sugar or carbs or calories, but I'm trying to stop smoking and that is the only thing that I know will help.
  • ndoty_sa
    Options
    Keep up the great work, Arguablysamso; I've followed the same daytime fasting routine for 15 yrs.

I hope Lintino can learn "to eat in moderation".
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Would chewing sugarless gum be considered breaking the fast? I don't know how much it has in sugar or carbs or calories, but I'm trying to stop smoking and that is the only thing that I know will help.

I've never done it since I don't chew gum, but at just 5 calories per piece, I'm sure it would be fine. Even Dr Pepper Bold with 10 calories I've done and I never worried about it. I'd say anything with 10 or less calories is practically no calories. Even black coffee with nothing else might have about 4 calories and a pitcher of tea might have 6 or 8. Not to worry.
  • Veil5577
    Options
    I have now been on OMAD for two weeks as of today. I don't have a scale yet so I don't know if number wise I have lost any weight but I can DEFINITELY see a difference in the mirror. My stomach is not protruding nearly as much as it was and my "test" jeans I use slid on a little bit easier yesterday. This is definitely working for me. And my appetite is down, I can't eat nearly as much as I once did and binge eating is out of the question. A month ago it wasn't a problem at all to binge eat. I am thrilled that I found something that would work for me.

I will be getting my scale tomorrow. Fridays will be weigh days and I will not weigh myself more than once a week.
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
    This is extremely interesting to me. I just started atkins a couple days ago, but Ill be honest it isn't fun yet.
    I don't know my actual weight, but I think it is close to what you were original at, perhaps a tad higher, and my ultimate goal would be pretty much exactly where you ended up at just under 200. I am not quite as tall, only about 6-6'1

This idea sounds intriguing. I have already done plenty in the past where I go 23 hours without eating because busy, or whatever.. I know best time for me would be either lunch or supper (probably supper).

I think for now I am going to stick with atkins, but if that ends up failing I am definitely going to keep this as a backup... because even If I do fail, I am definitely cutting out sugar, maybe not wheats, but definitely sugar. I have always only eaten 2 meals (and maybe 1 late time snack), never eating breakfast. I think this could easily work for me. I would suffer for the first week but I know I would get used to it.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Fantastic job!
    This is extremely interesting to me. I just started atkins a couple days ago, but Ill be honest it isn't fun yet.
    I don't know my actual weight, but I think it is close to what you were original at, perhaps a tad higher, and my ultimate goal would be pretty much exactly where you ended up at just under 200. I am not quite as tall, only about 6-6'1

This idea sounds intriguing. I have already done plenty in the past where I go 23 hours without eating because busy, or whatever.. I know best time for me would be either lunch or supper (probably supper).

I think for now I am going to stick with atkins, but if that ends up failing I am definitely going to keep this as a backup... because even If I do fail, I am definitely cutting out sugar, maybe not wheats, but definitely sugar. I have always only eaten 2 meals (and maybe 1 late time snack), never eating breakfast. I think this could easily work for me. I would suffer for the first week but I know I would get used to it.

I am 185 now. I should update pics. Tried Atkins and went INSANE from a lack of sugar. Never lost much, either. Good luck. You always have good ole' OMAD as a fallback! :smokin:
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    I have now been on OMAD for two weeks as of today. I don't have a scale yet so I don't know if number wise I have lost any weight but I can DEFINITELY see a difference in the mirror. My stomach is not protruding nearly as much as it was and my "test" jeans I use slid on a little bit easier yesterday. This is definitely working for me. And my appetite is down, I can't eat nearly as much as I once did and binge eating is out of the question. A month ago it wasn't a problem at all to binge eat. I am thrilled that I found something that would work for me.

I will be getting my scale tomorrow. Fridays will be weigh days and I will not weigh myself more than once a week.

Wonderful!
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Real nice work, man.
  • Veil5577
    Options
    I had my first weigh in today, and I have lost 10 lbs in two weeks doing OMAD.

You have no idea how happy I am seeing that drop on the scale. I knew I'd lost a little but I didn't think it was that much.

Again, I want to thank you for posting this thread. This method is working for me and I'm able to stick to it, and for the first time since starting MFP, I'm seeing results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!