"NO FAT CHICKS" Bumper Stickers

Options
Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the back of some *kitten*'s car? Makes me want to take a sledgehammer to it.

Imagine if there was a similar sticker referring to another group based on appearance. I can think of a few examples that would not be legal. These should be illegal too I reckon.

Replies

• nykismile
    Options
    I find those stickers to be very handy. Now I definitely know to avoid those guys.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Illegal? Why? Because you take offense to it?

"being fat" is not a protected class, so it shouldn't be illegal.

For the record, I don't think they are funny in anyway, and most of the guys you see with these stickers are not exactly top of the class.
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying its exactly the same as any group - "disabled people", "black people", "asians", "midgets", etc. These groups experience discrimination. There would be a major reaction if there were stickers referring to such groups. Fat people experience discrimination too, so similar logic.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the back of some *kitten*'s car? Makes me want to take a sledgehammer to it.

Imagine if there was a similar sticker referring to another group based on appearance. I can think of a few examples that would not be legal. These should be illegal too I reckon.

This is the logic that got Obama elected. Twice.

Its called freedom of speech. You can read about it in the US Constitution. While I personally think you are a turd if this is on your car, i also feel you shouldn't have your right to look like an idiot infringed upon...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Never seen one. Heard of them, but never saw one.
  • _SantaClause
    Options
    I'm just saying its exactly the same as any group - "disabled people", "black people", "asians", "midgets", etc. These groups experience discrimination. There would be a major reaction if there were stickers referring to such groups. Fat people experience discrimination too, so similar logic.

But it's not the same thing as those, the above are all protected against discrimination by our pesky little government(& they should be).

I understand completely the point you're trying to make...I get it.

People experience discrimination for a lot of different things...you can't make them all illegal.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    personally, I'm a fan of the "gas or *kitten*, no free rides" bumper sticker
  • theonepercentile
    Options
    strong thread backfire
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I think the fake testicles hanging from pick-up trucks are worse personally.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I find those stickers to be very handy. Now I definitely know to avoid those guys.

^^this. And also those hanging balls from the trailer hitch.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Actually, it isn't illegal for someone to discriminate against any group. Someone can refuse to date, marry, kiss, or give a ride to anyone they please based on whatever criteria works for them. Personal discrimination isn't illegal.. yet.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

which bumper stickers referring to which group would be "illegal"?

jG3owEr.gif
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting, however, it should be protected as free speech. Of course, I also believe someone like that should have a hammer taken to their genitals .
  • Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It was probably a really fat dude with the sticker, I bet?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Ah yes....bubblegum fascism. Not quite as appalling as the real thing, but it's a sweet little start.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    well, you figure they have a warning label on just about everything now-a-days...
  • _SantaClause
    Options
    It was probably a really fat dude with the sticker, I bet?

Usually is.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

This is the logic that got Obama elected. Twice.

Its called freedom of speech. You can read about it in the US Constitution. While I personally think you are a turd if this is on your car, i also feel you shouldn't have your right to look like an idiot infringed upon...

^^^^Exactly this.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Lol gotta love how some of the dudes who have those are pretty hefty themselves
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    well, you figure they have a warning label on just about everything now-a-days...

tumblr_inline_mhj5tqdy8Z1qz4rgp.gif
This discussion has been closed.