Why you SHOULDN'T count calories

Options

Replies

• JayCee625
    Options
    Some of the calories are probably "negative calories" ---lemons, grapefruit, apples, etc. They take more to breakdown than the calories they actually contain. So they're essentially free with a bonus LOL.

And I agree. Probably more to the story than they're showing.
  • JayCee625
    Options
    quoted wrong post but whatever. you get my meaning :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this banana chick probably sh*ts rocket fuel.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    freelee the banana moron.

Um love this hahahahaha
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    i semi count calories but you are right a 0cal diet coke is worse than a 150cal smoothie people get way to into the calorie counting and ignore over all nutrition its a tricky balence sometimes

Worse in what way?

If you drink the diet coke you have to spend the rest of your life choosing between false dichotomies. Now go enjoy your carbonated poison with your choice of farmer's market apple or state fair deep fried twinkie found on the ground in the midway.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    i semi count calories but you are right a 0cal diet coke is worse than a 150cal smoothie people get way to into the calorie counting and ignore over all nutrition its a tricky balence sometimes

Worse in what way?

If you drink the diet coke you have to spend the rest of your life choosing between false dichotomies. Now go enjoy your carbonated poison with your choice of farmer's market apple or state fair deep fried twinkie found on the ground in the midway.

Seems accurate.

Drinking diet mug root beer as I read.
  • jfboomer
    jfboomer Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

Seems accurate.

Drinking diet mug root beer as I read.

LOL :drinker:
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

For your over all health as well as weightloss
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yeah, most people aren't able to accurately gauge when they are hungry and how much they should eat. They eat too quickly and end up over-eating, or make portion sizes that are too large and feel obligated to eat it all. They snack on "small" things that add up throughout the day, without taking into account their movement. They over-estimate how much they move and underestimate how much they've eaten. This is what leads to weight gain, even when people are trying to lose weight.

Some people can do it, because their bodies send very clear messages, or they're very good at listening to hunger cues. A lot of it has to do with what they are naturally inclined to do (movement, food choices, eating habits, etc).

Calorie counting is best for those of us who fall in the first group. :)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

Sigh, ok, how is it worse for your health, assuming you are meeting your nutrient goals?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

tumblr_lt6wpdp8S51qctwb3o1_500.gif
  • nykismile
    Options
    Freelee is the worst thing to happen to veganism, period.

Don't buy into it, please.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

Sigh, ok, how is it worse for your health, assuming you are meeting your nutrient goals?
    because there are hazardous chemicals in it lol is this a real question? i highly suggest you do some research on 0 cal chemical storms that people put into there bodies, i should add it depends where you live as well as some ingrediants are banned in other countries so for example if your in europe then it was be as bad as if your in america
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

because there are hazardous chemicals in it lol is this a real question? i highly suggest you do some research on 0 cal chemical storms that people put into there bodies, i should add it depends where you live as well as some ingrediants are banned in other countries so for example if your in europe then it was be as bad as if your in america

Link?

Also, how does something with 0 calories worse for weight loss than something with 150 calories?
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

You'll find this topic highly debated here. And many don't find any of the research that says that carbonated beverages, or artificial sweeteners, are harmful to have much merit.

So yes, it's a real question. The assumption that diet soda is harmful is closer to superstition than science.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000+ calories while meeting my bodies nutrient needs and STILL have ice cream and fun stuff every day. While I would one day like to stop counting calories, I am not yet confident in my ability to meet those needs without it. Counting calories also gives me the ability to count macros/micros and I'm pretty crappy at making good choices to meet those needs. Particularly getting the proper amount of protein. I, in no way, can meet my protein needs on my own at this point lol.

There's nothing wrong with calorie counting, so as long as it doesn't become some dark obsession and you don't take it to extremes and eat nothing but doritos and ding dongs for your calories because sure, you'll lose weight just counting calories but it's deeper than that. It's also about finding sustainability and long term success in both heath and fitness.

Also, Free Lee the banana girl is freaking crazy and is a really stupid reference.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

I'm pretty sure from some of your posts that you don't really understand what a chemical is.
    You are just making assertions without any evidence.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

Where did your research come from?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Worse in what way?

83b61c131cfe1b8069ce63d32f9c88ee.jpg
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

But.

Can't I have the coke and the smoothie?