5'8" Ladies, what's your ideal weight?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• dancerbyday
    dancerbyday Posts: 61
    Options
    Well I'm a dancer, very light boned, and the most I've ever weighed was 130 lbs. My ideal weight is closer to 120. Now before you say anything, I am NOT anorexic, and I am not super duper skinny. I have a fair bit of muscle, and while there is not a huge visible difference, I can feel the difference. My performance is better at 120, both physically and mentally. So really, it's different for everyone. Whichever weight you feel good at, you should aim for.
  • Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 1/2 (lol not sure how to type that, I'm used to cms) medium build, currently 148 would like to get to 143 ish. That's where my weight used to settle naturally when I was younger, and I'm hoping with lifting that my body composition at that weight will be better. At the moment I'm still squidgy around the middle after 2 kids.
  • Leesel66
    Leesel66 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" aged 47yrs. Was always thin until I stopped all my sports and hitting my middle 30s after my son was born weight crept on. SW 92.3kg 203lbs, CW 85.1 kg 183lbs, wanting to get between 70-75kg around 154- 165lbs. Got to 77kg about 7 years ago and was in a size 12 (Aus) which I was happy with but that was using shakes, in 2 years the weight was back.loving MFP.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    For my lifestyle I'm pretty content between 120-130lbs. If I got more into heavy lifting I'd go heavier.
  • jamiecrick3582
    jamiecrick3582 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight would have to be around 160 because I look too skinny at 155. I don't like to look like a bone. At 155 my waist was 24 and my hips were 34. My doctors could not believe that I weighed that much because my bones were protruding out of my ribs and hips. I do have a bigger frame and it runs in my family. We are heavier than we look.

Me too! I look sick if I'm too thin. I'm currently at 173-174 and my goal is 160.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'', hourglass body type. Because I'm an hourglass, I like my weight around 145-150. At that weight, I'm still curvy, don't lose my boobs (C cup) and my tummy is flat. I don't want to have tummy bulge when I bend over, but I also don't want to be so skinny that I don't have curves or a womanly body.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8' and my goal is 165, I have a large frame and I think I would look pretty good at that size but once I get more near to the size I may change my gw a little
  • strenght900
    Options
    2wgr8z4.jpg
    mal75s.jpg

how much should i loose
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    2wgr8z4.jpg
    mal75s.jpg

how much should i loose
    That's kind of a silly question. Weight looks different on different people. If you start strength training you could firm up pretty quick. If you plan on doing it by diet you may need to do it for a fair amount of time.
  • redsonjiamoo
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 28 years old. I remember being 130 and having a stomach. I'm a pear shape. I was at 185 and now at 172 ish. I have been doing a lot of dancing (I'm bad at it but I try). I've been not eating past 5 o clock. I've been going to bed around 9 cause if I stay up any longer I'll eat the house. I have decent breakfast heavy lunch light dinner. I've slowed down on my carbs and Dr peppers. I want to be at 140! My twin was at that weight and so I can tell what I'd look like and I want it. She currently very active and at 130.. to skinny for me. What we lack up top we make up for the bottom. Even at one 130 she still has big hips.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2" (so almost!!) and in my late 30s. Very hourglassy, but very very narrow framed. I weighed 117-125 in high school and college as a dancer, and while I was very slender, I still had curves (C-cup, size 4/6). I've lost 40-something pounds from my highest weight of 202 in January 2013 and now weigh about 155 lbs (DD cup, size 8/10).

I think to be really fit and lean again, I'd have to lose about 25 more pounds of body fat. Because I am hourglassy and my weight/extra padding is very evenly distributed over my frame, most people I tell this to think that would be really "drastic" - even though that would still be 15 lbs heavier than I was in my 20s when it wasn't "too drastic" then either. Shrug. I'll see when I get to 140 what I look like and adjust my expectations from there.