Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Physio went really well today, I am so glad to be back. I love my trainer! He only had me do calisthenics to ease me back into routine, but I was still sweating by the end of it. And as usual, after I was finished I felt absolutely fantastic. :bigsmile: I was also re-evaluated by the physiotherapist. I have some neck/shoulder pain creeping back from a car accident last February and the usual chronic lower back pain has been nagging me again lately.

Food was OK today, best it's been in weeks. I always start out the day doing really well, but by dinnertime it gets out of control. Today I only had 2 pieces of bread that I didn't need, and my mental calorie count puts me at about 2400 calories. Still under maintenance so I'm happy about that. I've already prepped my veggies for tomorrow's dinner. My key to success now is planning and prepping. If I have my lunch packed and my dinners planned and partly prepped or premade I will likely stay on track.

Oh, and my Wednesday wish is that I could kick this addiction to diet pop (Pepsi). When I drink it, healthy food doesn't taste as good, (so I tend to eat more carbs/junk), whereas when I eat healthy food, I actually crave it less, but get sick of water all the time.. so I go back to it.. That darn fizz is something I just can't seem to replace with anything else. And I've tried... I love the fizz.:love:

@Kah... I'm an apple junkie too, and I can't wait for the iWatch to come out! My current phone plan expires next April so I will get the iphone 6 I think, I haven't really looked at it or the plus, but it will be one of the 2. I have a fitbit force now, so the iwatch will be a really nice upgrade to that. It really can do almost everything, love that it can monitor your exertion and even how often you stand up! A fun addition will be it nudging you if you are slacking on your daily fitness goals. I think it even tells you when it's time for your planned workout. Cool stuff.
  • dhines1029
    dhines1029 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Started MFP and Map my walk. I exercise (walk) six days a week. Recently added Walk away the Pounds on 3 days and purchased a hula hoop. Funny thing is it doesn't work as easily as it did when I was 10 or 12. LOL
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Started MFP and Map my walk. I exercise (walk) six days a week. Recently added Walk away the Pounds on 3 days and purchased a hula hoop. Funny thing is it doesn't work as easily as it did when I was 10 or 12. LOL

What kind of hula hoop? Party Store, Target, or "workout"? I could never hula hoop before (am I doomed if I have an empire waist?) but it looked like an easy, no impact way to do some cardio.

Emma
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone just a quick hello before heading off to watch some TV. Today was good except for my stupid back has decided to give me grief again. I bought one of those Icy Hot Smart Relief tens units and it works pretty good but I think I need to stop and rest my back for a day or two. That means no crazy inclines on my treadmill! :glasses: :bigsmile:

Wednesday wish: To have NO back pain!!! I keep thinking once I loose this weight my back and feet pain will disappear and I can know what normal feels like. How the bliss that will be! :love:

September challenge: 7 Good/ 1 Bad/ 2 Really ugly
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kah and Tanya- I really want to hear more about the iwatch, it sounds fantastic. However, I will need to get an iphone but that may also work for me since my phone is acting up.

Welcome to all the newbie's, hope you will check in often.

Wish- that work and after work meetings start to calm down. I am looking forward to a night home with no where to go. Maybe next week. I have a gym appointment tomorrow after work so another late night. Hope to use the extra time to get some things done and ahead for next week.

Toots- Good luck with your trip and I hope you can avoid all those don'ts. Are you bringing a suitcase of food and water for the trip?

Susan- The official announcement has come out for Caprotti's in Annapolis to open next week. I will need to check it out in the near future. The turkey sandwich sounds great except for the cranberry sauce. See you soon.

Have a great day.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Another day on program, 7 miles walking. The scales have to move sooner or later. My wish is that it would be sooner.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Took car for an estimate, and it was over $1000 so the Uninsured Motorist will pay and I don't have to pay a deductible. I worked out with my trainer for an hour and did some shopping which usually adds about 5000 steps to my day.

Got some positive financial news today, so am grateful for that. Stayed under calories, but had a difficult time keeping on my self care plan. Just trying to do too much. Discussed the need to simplify my life. My ex finally brought over the papers I need to refinance my home. He had been lying about his job so that is why he was stalling. He took the opportunity to tell me he would probably be marrying his girlfriend and moving to the beach. He started sharing thing with me, like I was his best friend. What a Jerk? And myself too, for allowing him to even enter my home. Wonder when I will get a little backbone about me.

Hansea - I like the way you keep trying different things to make your runs better. You Rock!!

GrandmaKay - thanks for the kind words. I have the same problem. My last cut was too short, though I specifically told her she cut in too short last time and the highlists. Weight will eventually come off, you are doing the right things

Susan - You go girl!! I admire your spunK. Diet cokes taste so horrible. Just keep reminding yourself

Bohemian - Thanks for the advice and kind words. I too, need to get in the garden. It has been so neglected. Friends came over today and wanted to see my garden, which is usually so neat and pretty and I was rather ashamed to open the blinds, but I think they understood

Kah - Thanks for your comments. Sorry you are stressed right now. I am finding thad meditation and journaling is helping me a lot. Smart to avoid re-injuring yourself.
    Your weight loss reminds me of what can be accomplished, when we stick to the task at hand..

Lives2 Travel - Today is another day and hope is works for you. Loved your description of the Autumn weather. It's still hot here

Jnettie - Such an exciting time for you. Enjoy it to the max

Uskii - Just keep on keeping on. It seems to be working

dREAMGBERRY - GOOD JOB KEEPING UNDER CALORIES

KathijoR - Welcome aboard. Congrats on the walking Over the years, I have found slow and steady works best for me. I love your goals. They are what will get the lbs off. You have your hands full with the little ones, so it is great you are taking charge of your life and health and doing some positive things for yourself
    GrammyWhammy. I'd take anything, even 1/2 lb. Good job!! Like how you are recording your goals. I think I will copy that ** You may be building muscle and the weight will come off later. Sometimes, when I stall, I try measuring myself

Tanya - Thanks for posting. Hope you do well not logging. It doesnt work for me, but might work for you.
    When my aches and pains come back, I try to cut back on gluten and i notice a difference.

Skinnyjeans - 58 lbs - What an accomplishment.

cblue31 5 - Sorry you are having to work so much, but it is wonderful that you are still getting your workouts in. I believe you are SuperWoman.
    I've dealt with depression and have been off meds for a while now and quite frankly I can't tell the difference. I am trying to use prayer and journaling and watching myself carefully. If I feel I have to have the meds, I'll go back, but they have limited effectiveness in my case. Best to listen to what your Dr says. Mine has been situational.

LaurieK70 - Thanks for the birthday wish and congrats on total weight loss. You Rock!!!

Hansea - Get some snoozing in

Melwillbeheal - My thoughts are with you as you struggle. I understand how you feel. Logging seems to help me

Toots - Did CDC tell you not to buy bottled water from street vendors. They get discarded bottles and fill them with regular water and sell. Stick to legitmate stores for buying bottled water. I spent two weeks in China and never got sick, but some of our other group did because they boiled water in the teapot in their room. I recommend bottled water only, no matter what the hotel says. Good luck

Morgori - Congrats on keeping the eating under control at a wedding. That takes will power

jhines1029 - I couldnt hula hoop at 10, so anything hooping you are doing is great. Welcome

Teresa - Sorry about back pain

SEPT CHALLENGE 4 OUT OF 10 under 1200
    Exercise 5 out of 10
    As of 9/10
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! No personals tonight, but just wanted to catch up. :flowerforyou:

Wed. Wish:
    I'm already wishing for less grading. :ohwell: Also, that I can get back on track from this crazy week of meetings. It really puts a strain on the effort to eat right--mainly b/c I just don't have as much time to prepare healthier foods. I was lucky that DH made boneless skinless chicken earlier in the week, so easy leftovers. However, he made spaghetti w/ italian sausage last night so dinner has been carb-tastic the past two days.

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/60 F451 short stories
    2. x/60 F451 Motif analyses

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (????) NOPE
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

September Challenge:
    Meet my TDEE -10% to -15% = 1680-1780 calories. I will keep my running tally over or short up until my trip to meet laurie and susan. Last month I came in a few hundred over. This month I'm determined to be under when I get on the plane to head to NYC on Sept. 27th!!

Cumulative calorie surplus (shortage) = -234
    100g of protein = 7/30 days
  • kuddled
    Options
    Hi... well... had an appointment today for ny stupid knee... I was told I need to loose weight (yep sure do) but I CANNOT do any excersises that will use my leg.... (ummmmmmm... ok?) ... HELP!! I am looking at possible surgery down the road and really need to drop weight before Im laid up.. any suggestions??
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: That I had another 1,000 calories tonight. 40 minutes till bedtime and I'm HUNGRY. Going to bed and read, I guess.

10/10 under goal
    9/10 exercise
    Uh, does a half slice of lemon merengue cheesecake count as a fruit? (Another b'day lunch for friend) If so, I've had plenty of veggies and fruit today.

Toots: Loved the PSA. Still laughing. The b-I-l who slathered us in hand sanitizer the entire China trip, for reasons I can't comprehend dragged us through a bird market...at the height of the bird flu epidemic. And yes, also through a wet market. Do NOT pat the cute kitties and bunnies in the cages. Other b-I-l who knew a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant we "just had to try," proceeded to pour boiling water from his teapot over his still unused plate to sterilize it then pulled out his own pair of chopsticks. Lost appetite at that point, especially after using the restroom. You'll be fine. McDonald's, Pizza Hut and KFC are in most large cities. Pizza is eaten with chopsticks/utensils!

Cooler weather and rain tomorrow. Yippee!

G'night all!

GW>Marsha
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Kuddled, just start logging your food, and stay within the calorie limits set by MFP. I started losing weight in order to prepare for knee replacement. Contrary to popular opinion, you can lose weight without exercising. I walk a lot now, but I lost very successfully for quite awhile without being able to exercise. My first year I lost 84# while having 2 knee replacements. I only lost 11# the second year. By the way, I am 70 years old, so you aren't too old to lose weight. Good luck to you. Check in here every day. The wonderful people here have really helped me and made me accountable. If you will participate with us, you will find lots of friends and encouragement.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thursday truths: well, I'm eating cheese for breakfast ooops... My excuse is that the groceries are being delivered sometime in the next hour, so I have no bread or milk, but - hurrah -- I hit my target yesterday so I was really hungry when I got up. Ahem.

@aprilshowers -- weekend off work? weekend off MFP? Because if it's the latter my experience is that taking weekends off from logging does not work.

@Kelley -- yup. I got a 5S a few months ago because unlike you, I don't want a bigger phone, but my old iPhone 4 just didn't cut the mustard any more. I too am an Apple junkie, quite bonkers.

@KathiJo -- you'll see that some of the people here are very careful about macros; I'm much more about hitting the overall target. It's such great fun running with kids, isn't it?

@dhines -- welcome! I can't do hula hoop -- I think you need a waist to make it work!

@Katrena -- good luck with the home refinancing. It's always a worrying time but it will feel so great when it's gone through. I'm loving seeing the steady progress you've been making while I've been slacking here.

@kuddled -- did you ask them about what they mean by 'not using the knee'? If you're not allowed to walk for exercise or do any sport or dance that doesn't leave a lot *but* the boxing-type fitness games can be adapted for upper-body only. Otherwise, walking or swimming if you're allowed for low-impact. Though I found I couldn't swim when my knee was sore. And just make sure you hit your calorie goal -- it can be hard if you're not exercising but if you eat lots of fresh fruit and veg it's easier.

@Marsha -- I like to clean my teeth if there's an hour or so to bedtime, I'm out of calories and I'm hungry. That reminds me! Or sometimes I have a 100 calorie snack, because the MFP targets include a 500 calorie buffer and it's not actually a race.

Right. September logging and thread-checking -- 7/11 so far.

Hoping you're all having a splendid Thursday!

-- Alison
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - I am doing well today. Still under water with work so choosing not to work out with the trainer this morning, that means skipping the official weigh in. I will stay within my calories. Last night I got to dinner time and had bought the most delicious aged beef tenderloins. But alas I was out of carbs for the day. So, tenderloin and a slice of bacon for dinner. Maybe not so bad after all.

Wow you people amaze me. Dealing with so much makes my life seem so petty, :flowerforyou:

@kuddled - There are a ton of workouts on Youtube where you just sit in a chair. Maybe not the most strenuous but really good upper body.

dhines1029 - I tried a hula hoop at the farm market this summer. Really mine didn't work either. But the lady selling them lost 100 lbs. doing WW and hooping. She looked fantastic.

Love to all
    Lori
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just time for an update and to say a prayer for all those who lost their lives 13 years ago and for those who knew and loved them. The pain of that day still seems so fresh. I pray we never see another like it.

9/11/01 - We will never forget.

September Challenge - Days at or under daily calorie goal 7/30

Good Days: 7
    Bad Days: 3
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    9/11—We’ll never forget.

@Alison~LOL You should have seen a couple of us at work yesterday, contemplating a plan of action for pre-ordering our phones tomorrow—unfortunately for me I won’t have time until tomorrow night so hope supply holds out and the server doesn’t crash! :wink: I have a 4 and it’s on its last legs, last time I had issues I almost got the 5s but it was so close to the 6 coming out I decided to wait.

@kuddled~Kaye is right, you can lose weight without exercise—I did for the first year. Exercise is a big part of my life now though, for me it’s for more than weight loss—I'm a desk jockey so I need the exercise to counterbalance the effects of sitting all day, plus it’s good for heart health. The best way to exercise around knee injuries is non-weight bearing exercises which include swimming, an elliptical or a bike.

@Marsha~Lemon meringue cheesecake?! Yum!

@Lori~Beef tenderloin for dinner? Sounds yum to me!

@Laurie~Apple’s new Watch is a smartwatch, similar to the watch that Samsung released this year. It communicates with your phone—you can read email, send short texts, plus has a bunch of other cool features. There will be three different versions, the Watch, Watch Sport and Watch Edition (18k gold). Not sure if it’s true for all versions but the Sport has sensors on the portion that makes contact with your wrist so is able to read your heart rate—there are a bunch of features being released in iOS 8 (Apple’s operating system) for iPhone/iPad that includes an app entitled “health kit,” the watch will communicate with it and keeps track of steps, miles walked, calories burned, etc. It looks really cool; I definitely want one but will wait a while after it’s released to see what impact it has on data plans and if there are any bugs to be worked out. I’m hopeful that it will be able to sync with other apps like runkeeper and MFP also. Here is a link to the watch on Apple’s website to find out more: http://www.apple.com/watch/

AFM~My body was tired, so did take yesterday is an “active” rest day—I did do a bunch of stuff around the house. Finally got my desk cleared off, that was really bugging me—dining room table got cleared off too along with rearranging the living room furniture (not sure why and Zoe is out of sorts over it :ohwell:). Tonight I’m meeting my church group at a country-western place for line dancing—something I’ve never done, I’m just not into country music, but its good exercise and will be fun I’m sure.

I need to take a look at my diary and see where I am calorie wise. :blushing: Well, I've been short on calories every day this week so am at a surplus of 1,902--need to do better! :grumble:

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Elliptical at home DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer DONE!
    Wednesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Thursday~Country Line Dancing with friends (okay, never done this and I live in Texas! )
    Friday~Trainer
    Saturday~Rest Day (shopping with mom)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning to you all.

Happy PATRIOT DAY AND NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE
    In memory of the nearly 3,000 people who were killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, each year in the United States we observe Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance.
    On October 25, 2001, the U.S. House of Representatives Joint Resolution 71 was approved. Resolution 71 requested that the President designate September 11 of each year as “Patriot Day”. President George W. Bush signed the resolution into law on December 18, 2001 (as Public Law 107-89).
    On this day, it is asked by the President, that the American flag be flown at half-staff at individual American homes, at the White House and on all United States government buildings and establishments at home and abroad. The President has also asked Americans to observe a moment of silence beginning at 8:46 A.M.(Eastern Daylight Time), the time the first plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. He also strongly encourages Americans to use the Corporation for National and Community Service to find and volunteer for service opportunities.
    It was on September 10 of 2012 that President Obama issued a proclamation renaming the day as Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, in reference to both Public Laws 107-89 and 111-13 (the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act)
    “As we join in serving causes greater than ourselves and honoring those we lost, we are reminded of the ways that the victims of 9/11 live on — in the people they loved, the lives they touched, and the courageous acts they inspired. On Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, we pledge to carry on their legacy of courage and compassion, and to move forward together as one people.”

“Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top up’s.” ~Peter Davies

Tom
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Don't mean to get into Tom's area of expertise, but I saw this quote and it really fits.
    "There are many more trap doors to failure than there are shortcuts to success."
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday: I have eaten an old M&M from the bottom of my purse. :embarassed: Oh, the shame of a chocolate addiction! In my defense, it wasn't linty, just very old.

BC/Alison: That brushing teeth thing works, but it has to be 9 p.m. or later for me. I'm still drinking water/herb tea until then. Sometimes one or two chocolate morsels will do the trick too. (See above addiction.)

kah/Kelley: Never been line dancing and you a TEXAN! Oh, the shame of it all.:laugh: Whenever the grandkids visit we have to take them to the Traildust on Hwy. 380. They have live music on the weekends, a decent dance floor and a GIANT SLIDE for the young at heart. I even get into it with the two-step and the boot scootin' boogie. Have a grand old time, girl.

cblue/Lori: A couple of millennia ago, I was a hula hooping queen. Can't do it anymore because my stomach is no longer flat. Bulgy belly gets in the way. But someday.....

Under goal every day in September. Workout every day but 1. Trying to eat more fruit and veggies every day this week.

GW>Marsha
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in to say the "not logging" went well today. I do keep a mental tally in my head though. I'm noticing trends... My breakfast is usually 300 calories, my snacks add up to around 400 calories and lunch is 300-350 calories, so I know by dinner I've eaten 1000-1100 calories. That makes it pretty easy to stay on track every day provided I eat pretty much the same things ( which I do). I dropped a quick 2 lb the last few days... Bloat or whatever from carb overload I'm sure.

Someone mentioned cutting gluten cures/lessens aches and pains... I am not gluten intolerant that I know of, but I find cutting carbs (but not neccisarily gluten) works the same way for me.

@Teresa... I have chronic back and foot problems. Losing my first 40 lbs made a huge difference, as well as exercise or activity as much as possible. I go to physio 2x per week and while I focused on core strengthening at first, it seems that any exercise makes my back feel better so long as I do it regularly. When I lapse in exercise I stiffen up and pain eventually sets in again. I've had plantar fasciitis for years but found relief with orthotics, but the balls of my feet are killing me now, not sure why. I have an appointment next week to see what may be wrong.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kah- i will check it out. I was thinking about the Samsung phone just for those features but did not jump yet. I like apple but I need to do many upgrades to get the connections. I am wondering about the battery life on the watch and if it will need to be charged every night.

I am just popping in tonight since I want to finish grading a few more papers before going to bed.
    Truth- I need to start eating under my calories and not working so late at night. Both are playing havoc with my body.