Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Replies

• mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Everyone here is on a different level. A slice of pizza or whatever doesn't mean they failed. Some people are here simply to log their food. Other's may include fast food in their daily amounts. Most people can't go cold turkey like you. You don't know the whole story so you should not judge. I've lost over 63 pounds and I did it being honest about what I was eating. I praise God I was able to eat 5 Oreo's and log it rather than the whole pack of Oreo's and hide it. In all things remember the golden rule: if you cant say anything nice then don't say anything at all.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Not everyone eats the same way. Some people are low carb, while others are not. I eat low carb, but I still occasionally have something from a fast food place, as long as it's low carb. That doesn't make me a bad person, and it doesn't make anyone else who partakes in fast food a bad person. We are all on different paths to health. Don't judge others. It's like judging someone for DARING to have a different religion than you, or for DARING to wear something you wouldn't wear. In other words, your attitude is silly.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    I wonder if all those centenarians, in all their 100+ years of existence, ate clean 100% of the time and never had pizza, pastries, fast food or anything "bad". I wonder..............
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Speaking of the OP, where'd that MuthaFuggah go?

He went to his friend's list, noticed over half do not come to the site regularly, so the OP is at Wendy's scarfing down bad bad bad food! Maybe the OP's friend list grew tired of being 'reminded' of their diary. . . .hmmm. . . . .
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Wow. You'd hate my friends list, we eat cake, pizza and OMG we also sometimes drink alcohol too!!! :devil:

P.S. I make my pizza from scratch, using flour, yeast and salt for the base, crushed tomatoes for the sauce and then whatever topping I choose (usually reduced fat mozzarella with chicken or tuna). Tell me what's bad about that?!

What? No cauliflower?? :laugh: :tongue:
  • squatsanddeadlift
    squatsanddeadlift Posts: 117 Member
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

lololololol wind your neck in my love
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Is this about me? I had a Big Mac today. And fries. And a brownie. I couldn't resist.

I don't think we are friends, though. That's okay. I probably love "junk" food too much.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Not everyone eats the same way. Some people are low carb, while others are not. I eat low carb, but I still occasionally have something from a fast food place, as long as it's low carb. That doesn't make me a bad person, and it doesn't make anyone else who partakes in fast food a bad person. We are all on different paths to health...

I just ate a McDouble w/ cheese. No bun or ketchup, of course, cuz I'm one of those low-carb people. WUZ GOOD. I'll do it again, too. :smile:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    I stopped by McDonald's last night and got a ice cream cone, and we have pizza and salad every Saturday night. I have no regrets!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Ok, but what if I only have one slice of pizza, but it's....

INFINITE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!

dywg91.gif
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Wow. You'd hate my friends list, we eat cake, pizza and OMG we also sometimes drink alcohol too!!! :devil:

P.S. I make my pizza from scratch, using flour, yeast and salt for the base, crushed tomatoes for the sauce and then whatever topping I choose (usually reduced fat mozzarella with chicken or tuna). Tell me what's bad about that?!

the tuna
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    What if it's a reward day? Or what if I use to eat 2 Big Macs a large fries and a large coke maybe the kids meal is a healthier choice for ME. It's not my place to judge my friends my idea of healthy May be different from theirs.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't have MFP friends so that I can point out all their failings....that's what I have kids for :tongue:
    I only know a part of what's going on in their lives, so I cut 'em as much slack as they need.

The last thing I want to do is nag someone into doing something they're not ready to do. We're all grown ups here, well, mostly...
    stick+out+tongues2.gif
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member

An honest mistake.

When those ingredients are combined, organic compounds that are toxic to the human body are formed. These toxins are carcinogenic and can cause the formation of tumors.

tumblr_inline_mj9fj8b6pi1qz4rgp.gif
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member

An honest mistake.

When those ingredients are combined, organic compounds that are toxic to the human body are formed. These toxins are carcinogenic and can cause the formation of tumors.

RJz8qMm.gif
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    I congratulate people on their logging even if I don't agree with it because

1. The are in better shape than me
    2. Don't do it all the time
    3. Its not my place to say whats good and bad
    4. I'm scared I may hurt their feelings or get them upset...I'm introverted like that
    5. They're being accountable for what they eats
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I eat every 2nd day........ what I choose to eat on those days is my decision. If I want to eat crap then I'll eat crap. It's MY choice.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    If I see that a friend managed to fit pizza into their goal, HECK YES I'm congratulating them! & if they fall off the wagon a bit? ya it's still great that they logged. Most do fall off once in awhile. Maybe you could tell YOUR friends how or when YOU want congrats. As for the rest of us, if we have a problem, we'll let our friends know.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    I think it's awfully brave of anyone to have an open diary and log this type of 'junk' food, as you call it, without a care in the world for what others think of them. Sometimes I don't want to log my McDonalds meal or my stuffed crust pizza because I'm afraid of what people might say - but how ridiculous is that? If I'm not being honest with myself, then how am I ever supposed to improve my relationship with food and the weight loss process?

I was personally unwilling to give up anything when I started getting serious about weight loss. Sure, I made a few changes - I buy a different kind of ranch now, I eat more egg whites than I ever though I would, I drink less sugary espresso, & I try to walk more - but life is too short to be cutting out things you truly enjoy or forcing yourself to do things you truly hate. Honestly, you might die in a car accident tomorrow - so why worry about that couple of days you might supposedly lose off your life if you eat fast food a couple times a week? In my opinion, *kitten* happens & there's nothing you can do about it. You might have of a heart attack or get cancer no matter how 'healthy' you think you're being. I have no intention of sitting around making myself miserable while waiting for that to "maybe" happen.