Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

I'm more concerned by the diaries of people that consistently eat under 1200 calories, and get congratulated for coming in under their goal.

Too many calories, too few calories, too much junk, too much sugar, too much alcohol...
    We're all adults here.
    We're all responsible for our own actions.
    Losing a few pounds doesn't make you an M.D., Ph.D, nutritionist or God.
    If they want your input, they'll ask for it.
    Otherwise, MIND YOUR OWN F_ING BUSINESS!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

I'm more concerned by the diaries of people that consistently eat under 1200 calories, and get congratulated for coming in under their goal.

hear hear!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You aren't judgmental at all, OP! *sarcasm*
  • Snugglebunny217
    Options
    I'm of the idea that if you logged your food for the day, you get a congrats. Why? Because just that step alone will help you be more mindful about what you are eating and when - and why! It will help you identify trends and figure out what's helping you or getting in your way.

Logging regularly is a goal in and of itself, and I'm proud of anyone who has the personal responsibility and accountability to do it as long as it beneficial for them.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Too many calories, too few calories, too much junk, too much sugar, too much alcohol...
    We're all adults here.
    We're all responsible for our own actions.
    Losing a few pounds doesn't make you an M.D., Ph.D, nutritionist or God.
    If they want your input, they'll ask for it.
    Otherwise, MIND YOUR OWN F_ING BUSINESS!

I didn't say I said anything. Heck, I don't even LOOK at people's food diaries. But as someone recovering from an ED, who used to consistently burn 1000 calories while eating around 1600, and having people consistently tell me how great i was doing, yeah, not so good.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    This is why my dairy is closed....don't judge me...I Do What I Want :tongue: :wink:

1291371993_cartman-whateva-i-do-what-i-want.gif
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Please send me a FR....so I can decline it.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Does anyone honestly think a big Mac, large fry and coke is healthy? Stop trying to justify self destructive eating that causes obesity, it is an argument that can't be won. Successfully losing weight means eating nutritious foods without excessive calories, saturated fat and processed sugar. It is a simple formula that works when people learn to make better choices and stay out of the drive up lane. I am not the food police, I dont care if you eat it, but I won't applaud you for doing it.

I don't think anyone here is gonna argue and say "Woo-hoo! This is the healthiest thing in the world you can eat!". Yeah. No. But we live in the real world. Losing weight, keeping it off, and having a healthy lifestyle, means being able to balance eating foods that are nutritious, along with the occasional incorporation of what you want into your diet. Does that mean a chocolate bar, a slice of pizza, or Big Mac? Absolutely. That's what the difference is between someone who loses 100lbs + and keeps it off for life, and someone who deprives themselves of everything the once loved, only to fall off the wagon at the first bite of a french fry after a year, or that first bite of birthday cake. It's all about balance. If it fits into your daily caloric intake, and you're eating well, there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy something like a Big Mac, Pizza, Ice Cream, or otherwise.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

Elaborate on what? *scratches head with a blank look*:huh:

Elaborate in the snickers pleasure of course!

I'm thinking they might be hatin' on the Snickers, and needing details on the tastiness of it all. What's not to love about Chocolate AND peanuts? I gotta admit, I do like the almond ones, though. :drinker:

In all honesty I don't think I can elaborate. I was caught up in the ultimate foodgasmicality of it that my tastebuds lost consciousness and suppressed the memory. But...I know I enjoyed it.:smile:

For. Real! :happy: I'm thinking now I might have to go get me a Snickers Almond tomorrow and fit one in somewhere. I usually try to do those, or anything extra on Tuesdays, when I have ballet, but what the hay! If it fits in, it's all good!

*juvenilegigglegigglegiggle*

This is why we're friends :drinker:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

Elaborate on what? *scratches head with a blank look*:huh:

Elaborate in the snickers pleasure of course!

I'm thinking they might be hatin' on the Snickers, and needing details on the tastiness of it all. What's not to love about Chocolate AND peanuts? I gotta admit, I do like the almond ones, though. :drinker:

In all honesty I don't think I can elaborate. I was caught up in the ultimate foodgasmicality of it that my tastebuds lost consciousness and suppressed the memory. But...I know I enjoyed it.:smile:

For. Real! :happy: I'm thinking now I might have to go get me a Snickers Almond tomorrow and fit one in somewhere. I usually try to do those, or anything extra on Tuesdays, when I have ballet, but what the hay! If it fits in, it's all good!

*juvenilegigglegigglegiggle*

This is why we're friends :drinker:

For reals! You know, I haven't been around MFP that long, but ya'll will crack up with some of the stuff that will come out of my mouth. And trust me, I'm a good sport about it, but I'll readily admit, I ain't right. And when the Southernisims come out from time to time, it's a scream! :laugh: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

A man who eats less than 1500 calories a day telling everyone else they're making bad choices? Yeah, good luck with that :noway:
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    they didnt have to log that at all...... I think you should log what you eat....if they eat McD's and Pizza Hut... and still losing weight..then it's not up to us to preach..

Although, I would probably NOT want to see their labwork..... Cholesterol, Triglycerides.. if fast food is a habit for them....
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Thanks for picking out my dinner for my Friday night, OP!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Thanks for picking out my dinner for my Friday night, OP!
    Hmm, not sure I'd have chosen the Roseanne and Dan Conner there...
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I could really go for pizza right now

By the way has anyone seen OP? maybe he judged the wrong person
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put chicken mcnuggets on my pizza

200_s.gif
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I'd say the same could be said about your lack of eating dinner. Breakfast and Lunch...no dinner. Why not three squares a day?? You may not eat McD's or pizza...but I don't agree with your diary either.