Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

1151617181921»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    I don't go around randomly liking every post in my feed - but nothing wrong with McDs, pizza, etc. Each person is the judge and jury of their own decisions. No one else has the right to decide my choices are bad/wrong.

If you want your friends to critique your choices, let them know that. Probably can best reach your friends thru your feed and one on one messages. I personally think it better for people to log honestly than to make a fake log to please internet strangers.
    FXOjafar wrote: »
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

• S0vi
    S0vi Posts: 29 Member
    VainFlake wrote: »
    Or no. I never even look at my friends diary, I am a terrible friend though.

Let me look at your diary baby!
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Well, this put a delightful smile on my cold, black heart for the night. Well done, everyone.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Well, this put a delightful smile on my cold, black heart for the night. Well done, everyone.

oh hai! What are you doing here?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    In my experience, attempting to influence the life choices of adults who are going to do whatever they want regardless is a futile effort.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    So what if they ate McDonalds? Did that affect you somehow?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Aww i remember this thread! My diary is still closed, I've lost 20kg or so since this thread and i eat ice cream Every. Single. Night.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    This is the real reason Billy Mays died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQY2oIozhwg
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

I fail to see an issue with an occasional happy meal or slice of pizza if the rest of one's diet is nutritionally sound and within the correct calories. It is that sort of extreme, of cutting out all such things, that often leads people to failure. Personally, I am not that big on McDonalds and pizza, but many here have lost a lot of weight, become healthier and got to low bodyfat levels while eating ice cream, pizza and McDonalds, because they ensure that they meet their other nutritional requirements.

This!

For a lot of people this is Not A Diet but a lifestyle, so if someone has a naughty day and keep within their limits, who am I to judge if they can treat themselves or not? I am not a junk food junkie but it takes guts to be honest in the logging and showing your junk as well as your good stuff.
  • larissamalcolm
    larissamalcolm Posts: 15 Member
    I am horrible. I go around liking everything and never even look at the diary. To me it's progress just to log everything and hit complete.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    I am horrible. I go around liking everything and never even look at the diary. To me it's progress just to log everything and hit complete.

You should be ashamed. How dare you not judge your friends' habits.
  • glimmersilver
    glimmersilver Posts: 50 Member
    Aww i remember this thread! My diary is still closed, I've lost 20kg or so since this thread and i eat ice cream Every. Single. Night.

Where oh where is the "like" button!!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    as long as people are staying within their calorie allowance whats wrong with the occasional treat???? if u were to say to me that I would never be allowed a slice of pizza, chocolate etc again id give up before id even started!!. Nothing wrong with a little bit of what u like every now and then as long as u stick to your allowance

While I understand there is an apparent need to tell people on the Internet that they are wrong, please don't bump threads over a year old when there are already 13 pages of people telling them they're wrong. It just stays the argument all over again when the OP probably learned their lesson a year ago.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Ahhh well, I'm doing this all wrong then. Let me start stalking everyone's diary and judging everyone. I'm gonna change my name to Jesus while I'm at it.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Where's the eye roll emoji when it's needed