Next time you go to subway

Options

Replies

• sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    And you know this how?

OP stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I dont get it???

You've never seen the commercials?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    By these rules, my husband probably shouldn't eat any of the food I cook either....:tongue:
  • happyapathy
    Options
    I used to work in a Subway and we didn't change expiration dates or use dropped bread. That depends entirely on the management of the store. If your local store is doing that, sucks to be you, but it's not corporate policy.

Also, not only does Subway get health inspections annually like any other food establishment, but they also receive monthly "Subway inspections", where someone comes to make sure everything is being prepared and cared for the way Subway corporate wants.

The fact that the meat and cheeses are not freshly sliced is not a secret and quite frankly, I was really surprised when those Arbys commercials came out saying so. My reaction was "People didn't know that???" While working there, when we ran out of meats, I carried out new packages of them in front of customers; it was never policy to hide in the back to open the package (and then hide back there long enough to make anyone believe I was slicing it).

Not sure what you mean by "authentic". Dude who opened the first Subway set out to open a submarine sandwich shop. That's exactly what it is. What is the store you're going to claiming to be?

And there's chemicals in everything.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    it is definitely filled with just as many chemicals.

The universe is made of chemicals. It's the nature of matter.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have worked at 4 different Subways and yes, they did all change the expiration dates on food. Not the one on the package. But when you take it out of the package you date the food and it's good for "x" days. When "x" days were up if the food was still left we were required to put a new sticker on it with the new date.
    What new date?
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We have a friend who owns three Subways and he is anal retentive about checking and rechecking dates and cleanliness. What an incredibly sweeping statement to make OP.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The Subway nearest me is cleaner than my kitchen. I guess it is different everywhere. I see nothing wrong with having a sub once and awhile, especially low fat/cal ones :happy:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, Subway. I want a sub now.

Really, OP, you should watch what you post. You really shouldn't make sweeping statements like this unless you can 100% back it up with reliable evidence that every single store does this.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That's why I only eat at my house. That way, at least I KNOW I dropped the food on the floor or it was old. I don't have to wonder.
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    And you know this how?

OP stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

BOOM
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It always warms my heart to see other people who don't care about things as much as I don't care about things.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Im craving a spicy italian with white chocolate macadamian nut cookies now.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I had a great haircut yesterday!!!! Just thought I would share that with everyone; this thread seemed as appropriate a place as any other to share that! :laugh:
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love the veggie delight on honey oat, with those chocolate chip cookies as a side. What a wonderful dinner!
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    One of my friends was in the news recently because she was the store manager of our local Subway and used the bread ovens to dry her socks in when it was raining. She stupidly posted photos of it on her Instagram account and people started complaining.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583399/Were-six-inches-FOOT-long-Subway-worker-caught-using-bread-oven-dry-WET-SOCKS-gloves-posted-picture-Instagram-account.html

She actually Facebook messaged the woman who complained and tried to talk to her about it. The manger the offered the lady who complained a Sunday job!
  • brimoonandstars
    Options
    I work at a Subway and have been to several different local ones. The one I work at and a few others are waaaay too busy to even have anything that could be expired.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I would go to subway, but that would involve me not being lazy.

I wish they delivered.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have worked at 4 different Subways and yes, they did all change the expiration dates on food. Not the one on the package. But when you take it out of the package you date the food and it's good for "x" days. When "x" days were up if the food was still left we were required to put a new sticker on it with the new date.
    What new date?

I work at Quiznos and we have to use everything within 48 hours of slicing it/opening the package (we slice the meat and cheese ourselves) so im guessing its the same at Subway. So if its good from Sept 14-16 they probably change it to Sept 16-18 after the 16th.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    A recent study said that there is merit in the 5 second rule .. that the amount of bacteria collected on the dropped item is minimal.

This all depends if the customers all leave in 5 seconds.

But .. personally, who cares. I think we would all be terribly shocked to really see what really happens to our food before we eat it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Im craving a spicy italian with white chocolate macadamian nut cookies now.
    igH3dF4STszz9.gif