What can calisthenics do for you? Let me show you.

Options

Replies

• MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that I would become "that guy" and start doing muscle ups everywhere.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I printed this out. I'm reading more and more posts on mfp about bodyweight lifting. I don't have access to weights, but I'm sure lifting my own self is a workout :laugh:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with that, im sure your audience would enjoy it :laugh:
  • MasterBroshi
    Options
    I printed this out. I'm reading more and more posts on mfp about bodyweight lifting. I don't have access to weights, but I'm sure lifting my own self is a workout :laugh:

Oh, it is exhausting for sure!
  • MasterBroshi
    Options
    nothing wrong with that, im sure your audience would enjoy it :laugh:

That is possible! We could be calisthenics partners and kill it!
  • SpicesOfLife
    Options
    That is possible! We could be calisthenics partners and kill it!

kinda like that? :D

Calisthenics.jpg
  • MasterBroshi
    Options
    Just like that. I will be on top. I am putting my life in your hands!

Actually, if you fail, it would be a lot more painful for you :p
  • SpicesOfLife
    Options
    haha, this could end badly :p
  • MasterBroshi
    Options
    No faith in yourself. Shame!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You lost 125 pounds?!?!?! Did I read that correctly?!?!?!? WOW! Well, I didn't see the loose skin that you warned me about.

Girl, keep it up cuz you are looking GOOD!! Congrats!!!
  • Jorfil
    Jorfil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great results! bump!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I didn't tag this post the first time I saw it. I'm so glad it popped back up again. :)
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought "Convict Conditioning" because of this post. I never really enjoyed weight training but forced myself to do it because it's "good" for me. I'm hoping I will like this much better.

This is week 2 for me and so far, so good.

I am curious, OP, can you give us some details around your own progression? I am a woman and although I'm in decent shape, I cannot do a single pull-up; can't even hold myself up in that position on the bar for a full second. How long did it take you do to progress to doing a full pull-up? Did you just follow the CC progression in the beginning?

I'm trying to be patient but I'd love to know when I'll start seeing progress.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Bump for resources.

Nice job, OP. This is informative and inspirational.
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started the Convict Conditioning progressions 3 weeks ago - step 1 of the 4 starter moves. At first they seemed too easy but when I got back to focussing on form, timing and breathing correctly I could feel that my body is working. It's not difficult yet but I know I am conditioning my joints and I'm already slightly stronger. It feels great getting my body to work in a way that makes sense to me. Thanks again to the OP.

ETA: I'm 58 and NOT in decent shape. I've lost muscle due to menopause and inactivity (back injury). My physio, with whom I do pilates, thinks the book is great and has given me a pilates program that complements the exercises I'm doing.
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The proof is in the pudding ! Great job my friend ! Rock that body and be proud .
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I vote for calisthenics/bodyweight training :) I prefer it over weight lifting, and your experience has just confirmed I'm on the right path!

Thank you for sharing your story, very inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!