Is it rude to snub someone?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Iike what I said I have no interest in talking to her and its not in me to pretend to like someone if I cant stand them.I am not obligated to talk to her.I don't owe her anything. I contemplated to slush their tires but I decided no to so they are lucky that I decided to just snub them

Is this for real? I'd say, judging by the posts you have started in the last month or two, that you need some serious help in the boiling, vindictive rage department. I hope you get your self sorted out before someone truly gets hurt.

I'm still trying to figure out what "slushing" tires is. Is it like the ice bucket challenge only for cars?

typo for slash tires.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Iike what I said I have no interest in talking to her and its not in me to pretend to like someone if I cant stand them.I am not obligated to talk to her.I don't owe her anything. I contemplated to slush their tires but I decided no to so they are lucky that I decided to just snub them

Is this for real? I'd say, judging by the posts you have started in the last month or two, that you need some serious help in the boiling, vindictive rage department. I hope you get your self sorted out before someone truly gets hurt.

I'm still trying to figure out what "slushing" tires is. Is it like the ice bucket challenge only for cars?

typo for slash tires.

I knew that. I was attempting to make a joke. Looks like it failed. :blushing:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

typo for slash tires.

You tried.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Soooo rude.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Sleep with her boyfriend.
    Or me, she would hate that. Sleep with me.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    "Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die!"
    YES, it would be rude! Get over it and SMILE. She apologised - you need to forgive.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member

typo for slash tires.

You tried.

Apparently my sarcasm isn't coming across well enough today.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    i would say ignoring anyone is rude, i never turn my nose up or ignore anyone, if they say hi say hi back and walk on by. be the bigger person

Agreed
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    What is the purpose of snubbing if not to be intentionally rude to someone?

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

So you want to be rude and you're just double checking with us if this is rude?

What are you really asking???
    giphy.gif

Omg - I had to contain my friggin' laughing over here at my desk.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Sleep with her boyfriend.
    Or me, she would hate that. Sleep with me.

Hahah!
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

So you want to be rude and you're just double checking with us if this is rude?

What are you really asking???
    giphy.gif

Omg - I had to contain my friggin' laughing over here at my desk.

Haha! Me too.
    BTW, I love that show :)
  • Ah man, I so wanted this thread to have zero replies!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Okay so if you're going to just do whatever you want, then why did you ask?

My thoughts exactly. You are spending a lot of time and engery thinking about a person that you "don't care about".

Ignoring a person is always rude so if you were looking for confirmation of that because it's how you want to be, you have it. It is imature and rude.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    So once upon a time that exact scenario sounded like my life. But I was seriously sixteen at the time. In the years since (and I am by no means a mature adult at only 23) I've learned that it takes soooooooooooooo much energy to be rude. If I don't like someone and don't want to talk to them, I don't, but I still say "Hello, how are you?" in passing and my life has gotten so much less stressful and dramatic. It makes me a happier person the better I treat other people, and I was wasting time and energy on being rude or hating people. Of course, there's still those that drive me insane, but such is life, and I do my best to get over it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    OP you have major issues, seek help!!!
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    bump

you win.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    yes.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Ignoring someone when they say hi to you is rude.

But if you don't like the person, perhaps you're going for rude, so it might not matter.

Edited - after actually reading replies, what you're asking is whether snubbing her is rude enough to hurt her? Yeah - probably not. If she's an adult she's not going to give a crap that you ignore her, particularly if you're the type of person that contemplates slashing tires.

Essentially what I'm saying is that nothing you can do will rise to the level of hurting her if she's more mature than you. There should be no point in hurting her. If you don't like her, just forget about her and live your life.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Childish and rude. Talk to your friend like a grown up.

she was not my friend but someone I know and I have no interest talking to them after she intentionally hurt my feelings and embarrass me in front of everyone
    Sounds like a Jr. high issue.... :laugh: MFP requires a member to be at least 18, it sounds like you might not be old enough yet to be a member (mentally)...... Adults don't act like this or find the need to begin a thread about it. Decide what you want to do and just do it! :yawn:
    So once upon a time that exact scenario sounded like my life. But I was seriously sixteen at the time. In the years since (and I am by no means a mature adult at only 23) I've learned that it takes soooooooooooooo much energy to be rude. If I don't like someone and don't want to talk to them, I don't, but I still say "Hello, how are you?" in passing and my life has gotten so much less stressful and dramatic. It makes me a happier person the better I treat other people, and I was wasting time and energy on being rude or hating people. Of course, there's still those that drive me insane, but such is life, and I do my best to get over it.
    OP sounds like 16, you on the other hand are very mature at 23 and have learned that life is to short to worry about the trite things.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member

OMFG... how old are you??? Straight up 9th grade behavior right there. An ADULT that still felt slighted by the friend/aquaintance would approach the person and state that they were still having issue with what was said and why. If still no resolution, an ADULT would simply continue their life as a normal human being, meaning, while they may not go out of their way to see or talk to the person, would in fact still say 'hello' back if that person said 'hello' to them. Grow up for eff sakes and pitter patter away from the grown up forums.