Sorry I'm Not Sorry - I gotta rant!

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    And besides, You've been on here for how long now and had maybe 6 posts? Get over yourself.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can you all please type more slowly?

Posts are appearing faster than I can read. I started the thread when it was 17 pages long. I'm currently on page 15 and just noticed there are now 19 pages. At this rate I'll never get to the end!!!

Thanks for your consideration. :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    FROM OP: but you ask any single expert, or even just a health conscious person out there and they will say the exact thing I've just said. No one can dispute this.

Experts are debating this all the time. And I hesitate to take advise from any "health conscious person" who espouses the the virtues of "clean" eating.

The reason you get such flack about your advise is very simple:

Your wrong.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Can you all please type more slowly?

Posts are appearing faster than I can read. I started the thread when it was 17 pages long. I'm currently on page 15 and just noticed there are now 19 pages. At this rate I'll never get to the end!!!

Thanks for your consideration. :flowerforyou: :wink:

The are posting almost as fast as these people are walking…

tumblr_mahjh0M0th1qbb9elo1_500.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    17f95fb946979849069e6ad3d3f886dbd50c4570.jpg
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    BGI81.gif

This looks like the coolest pet ever.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I do hate to miss out on all the fun. I do have to support the argument that WHAT you eat is just as important, if not more so.

I know from personal experience I can eat 1300 to 1400 cals a day of "whatever I want" including sugar and processed foods, and not lose weight ... for weeks. I can, however, eat meat, vegetables, fat (under 20g of carbs) nothing processed to a total of 1700 to 2000 cals a day and lose about 2 - 3 lbs a week. Every week. No crossfit.

All of you who love to defend your right to eat crap, go for it, but it's not as simple as calories in/calories out, and the FIRST thing you should do if you can't budge the weight is look at WHAT you're eating. A Big Mac, even within your calories, is NOT a good choice.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    FROM OP: but you ask any single expert, or even just a health conscious person out there and they will say the exact thing I've just said. No one can dispute this.

Experts are debating this all the time. And I hesitate to take advise from any "health conscious person" who espouses the the virtues of "clean" eating.

The reason you get such flack about your advise is very simple:

Your wrong.

For a good time go look at OP's diary...
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I need the rules for MFP Bingo, btw. Just saying.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/475116-mfp-bingo?hl=MFP+Bingo&page=1

I ended up finding it, thank you! Wow, that little search feature works wonders, huh? (And I feel like a doofus for not using it before I posted the original quote.)

Edited for exclamation point abuse.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I do hate to miss out on all the fun. I do have to support the argument that WHAT you eat is just as important, if not more so.

I know from personal experience I can eat 1300 to 1400 cals a day of "whatever I want" including sugar and processed foods, and not lose weight ... for weeks. I can, however, eat meat, vegetables, fat (under 20g of carbs) nothing processed to a total of 1700 to 2000 cals a day and lose about 2 - 3 lbs a week. Every week. No crossfit.

All of you who love to defend your right to eat crap, go for it, but it's not as simple as calories in/calories out, and the FIRST thing you should do if you can't budge the weight is look at WHAT you're eating. A Big Mac, even within your calories, is NOT a good choice.

We fight for our right to eat a BALANCED diet. We eat a balanced diet of all the foods. Everyone who eats clean seems to think we are spouting eat nothing but pizza and big macs all day every day. Nope. That's not what we say AT ALL. We say the 80/20 rule is a pretty good one 80% what you all call healthy foods and 20% treats. Make your treats fit in to your day. I love cupcakes and there is NO reason I can't have one or two every so often. Do I eat them every day? No. When I do eat them I fit them into my day. I'm losing weight.

It really is as simp as CICO. I really don't know why everyone wants to always overcomplicate that…

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'm going to say you were probably eating more than you thought. Otherwise my 1.6lb loss during 2 weeks I ate mostly Jason's Deli and some Pizza Hut must mean that those things are "magic".

ETA: I'm not eating "crap". I see you already have a horse but could you get off it and realize that food is food and if you know someone who is eating actual crap, then it's not a matter of CICO or whatnot at that point but a psychological issue.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I have 2450 calories a day, after my eggs, apples, greek yogurt, whole wheat bread, raspberry jam, peanut butter, honey, coffee and daily multivitamin I usually still have about 1200 calories to play with. So sometimes, that big mac is in fact a GREAT choice.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I have 2450 calories a day, after my eggs, apples, greek yogurt, whole wheat bread, raspberry jam, peanut butter, honey, coffee and daily multivitamin I usually still have about 1200 calories to play with. So sometimes, that big mac is in fact a GREAT choice.

There's no way that's a great choice. I mean, come on it's fast food…oh wait…I mean, it's food…oh wait…I guess it IS a great choice….(this is coming from a vegetarian)
  • fangedneko
    fangedneko Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    And besides, You've been on here for how long now and had maybe 6 posts? Get over yourself.

Ad hominem attacks only reflect upon yourself. You'd be wise to avoid them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are we rolling?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    roll roll roll your boat

We need gifs man! Gifs!!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    tumblr_mx3bqcTlYi1sq5rugo1_400.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Mods, please don't let this roll.

they-see-me-rollin-cat-turtle-gif.gif
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Can I get some cliffnotes? Ain't nobody got time for 18 pages of this but I am so IN.

Well, there's been a lot of this:
    godzilla-eat-your-vegetables.gif?w=650

And this:
    tumblr_inline_mnhng84Bwu1rlpk9c.gif

This happened a few times:
    4.gif

And, I'm betting there was a lot of this going on at home:
    tumblr_n3665tVh3r1tw1vhco1_500.gif