WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,731 Member
    Options
    popping in quick to say howdy...
    have been running since early this morning... went to my DFIL meeting, my SIL forgot :huh: well anyway.. they are starting to have to use medication more to keep him from getting violent, so they have him on an anti depressant and a tranqulizer at night, they are trying to find the right combination to keep him on an even keel, his dementia has gotten worse in the last 6 months and they are trying to find different ways to re direct him, and I just thanked them so much for all there hard work and compassion for his care.. and will do whatever I can to help out...
    then I went and stopped and picked up a few things at the store, and came home and started cooking, I am trying to get as much stuff done for the party today as I am working full day tomorrow, and want to be able to concentrate on the house on Saterday..
    made, his cake, macaroni salad, deviled eggs,and i have to make the DH dinner and have a load of laundry in the dryer.. well ta ta for now im off and running again:wink:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone,

Worked in the house this am, cleaning, etc. I'm pretty sure we didn't get all the rain that was expected but we did get plenty. Cleaned and filled the hummer feeder for what will probably be one of the last times this year.

In the news here and shaking my head:

Jesse Matthew, the guy who has been charged with the UVa abduction was expelled from Liberty U. in Lynchburg because of rape accusations ...............so, where has he been working? In the OR at Charlottesville's hospital............just who thought it was a good idea to allow him around women under anesthesia?????? O.M.G!

Anne.............I'm done for............my waist was 21", now it's 30 and that's down from about 35---no hope for me at all if that info is right.

Mimi.........Love the pic, appalled by the breakfast!

Alison.............Maybe a veggie tray or fruit salad?

Sylvia..........Excellent solution to the walking!!! Love the police comments!! I think I did read that baking the butternut partially makes it easier to peel. The vet schools in the Carribean (there are three) have a good "pass" record for the vet lic. exam but they are also very expensive; I've read about students with huge amts. of debt out of those. A friend has a neighbor who went to vet school in either Scotland or England and her vet school loan repayments are almost 1,500.00 a month and will be for many, many years. I can't imagine starting out in the hole to that extent. It's funny (not really), but I was speaking to a woman,65, at a race last month and she said she knows she will die with 2 big debts---her mortgage and her student loans.........she's a teacher and retirement is not even on her horizion..............at 65.........scary. DD has been looking at a school in Canada and one other one in the deep south, so it's wait and see....instate is the best by far. Every state that has a vet school has its own prerequisites and she was tailoring her courses to our states program.

Heather.............My cousin raves about Le Bernardin!!! Sure you will have a great experience!

Dianne..............Great idea to check for hyperparathyroidism!

Vicki.........When my DD was in physical therapy, her therapist said New Balance and nothing else.

DeeDee..........Great to see you posting again and feeling better!

Katla..............My DH also suffers from "newer is better" syndrome when it comes to electronic toys.

Sue.........Hoping your breathing is easier.

Brenda..........Hang in there; you are making progress!

Hi to everyone else!

Stay Strong!!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic............breezy, chill
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy thurs.
    Catching up today on laundry and stuff around the house.
    HUGS
    jane
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good early evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Anne :smile: I spend every moment outdoors I can, doing whatever…I much prefer nature to the inside of a house! Enjoy your outdoor time!

MA :smile: I don`t bake either:noway: , I tried making biscuits once and they were more like bricks:laugh: ! I like the”pub” too!

Brenda from MD :smile: Listen to your Dr. about your healing! Maybe you could wear a shaping cami to help hold your tummy in. I sometimes wear one to cut down on the dreaded muffin top:blushing: ! This is a wonderful place to come and just chat with everyone, there is no judgment here:heart: .

Patceoh :smile: Hope your text on your ipad is better now!

Yanniejannie :smile: I have a little fear of horses myself, I think they are gorgeous…at a distance, I almost got bit by a horse when I was around 9 yrs. old, have never forgotten that:noway: ! Wishing the best of luck to your DD!! I did not know the guy accused of the abduction on the UVa student had been working in the OR, did they check him out before hiring him:huh: :angry: ????

Sylvia :smile: Congrats on the great report from the cardiologist!!! Two laps around the mall for fun…woo hoo!!! I have heard that you can cook the squash for 45 minutes or so in the oven and then just scoop out the insides. There are a couple of grocery stores here that have different squashes already cut up, they are a bit more expensive but I think it`s worth it!

Sue in SD :smile: So sorry your sarcoidosis has flared up! Hope you`ll be feeling and breathing better soon:flowerforyou: !

Lesley in Tasmania :smile: Hope you can find something to help the rash and the cough! Hope you get good results from the chest x-ray:flowerforyou: !

Barbie :smile: Find it and fix sounds fabulous:bigsmile: !

Michele :smile: I can see October (with Halloween), November (with Thanksgiving) and December (with Christmas) being months that you could gain, August and September have me confused:ohwell: . I once saw a fridge with a TV in it, my question is…WHY????

Joyce :smile: I still have silly things my granddaughters have given me, I have a Disney princess ring too, I have a leaf the youngest gave me and Mickey Mouse sticker, and a few rocks that are proudly displayed on my bookcase in the great room. Those are things that are priceless to me:love: !

Shana :smile: 10 hours on a conf. call:noway: ….ouch!

Alison :smile: I love macaroni salad, I could not make it and not eat it! Katla has a wonderful macaroni salad recipe, I`ve made it several times…it`s so good!!!!

Katla :smile: Feeling like a troll is no fun, I thought I looked like one too:laugh: ! Hope your yoga teacher is feeling better and you got to go to your class!

Deb A :smile: It`s so good to see your post!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with DD, and I`m sure your sister was glad to have your company halfway!

Meg :smile: Sinus infection is almost over, I`m feeling human again:happy: ! I had a horrible headache for days though. Hope you`re feeling better:flowerforyou: ! Hope DH and DD have good reports from the Dr.! Poor Benny….does the Vet have any idea why he`s licking his foot? Noel will do that sometimes, I just think she`s grooming herself…speaking of grooming, she had to have her hair blow dried this morning while I was drying mine, hers was not wet:tongue::laugh: !

Heather :smile: Have a wonderful time with the DGC:love: !

Jane Martin :smile: You have reminded me I need to be doing laundry too:ohwell: !

With that I think I need to get up and dance to the washing machine, maybe dance while it`s washing and dance while it`s drying:tongue: . I walked in the rain this morning…yuck. These gray days are really starting to do a number on my mood…blah!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in gray NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's been a good day. Beautiful weather. I thought my friends and I were painting tonight but there were conflicts so we changed it to Tuesday. I had my teeth cleaned in Joplin, then made it home in time to walk the kids home from school. Then I went on a little reconnaissance mission.

There is a house for sale here in our town, very near the college, that has a gas kiln in the basement and a big studio workspace. It has all sorts of stuff built onto the back that is sort of an eyesore, so the place has been on the market for a very long time. It has a huge concrete 6 car carport that has a Raku kiln on top so it's like a big patio up there. Then, you go up another level and there is more workspace. Then there is huge home-made solar collector on one side and a giant winch on the third level. It was built by an art professor who retired several years ago. He used the winch to hoist large works of art from the upper levels down to the ground. Our pottery club is having a meeting on Sunday, so I went with the realtor today to get a look at the place, and will report on it to the club. I know there are a couple of members who are looking for new workspace, so somebody might be interested. But mostly I just wanted to see the place. It looks like such a monstrosity from the outside that you just can't take your eyes off it. I bet the neighbors hate it! The living quarters need lots of work, but it could be cute inside. I can't think how anyone could dress up the outside.

Hubby just called to tell me that two people I don't like very much have invited us to dinner tomorrow night. We are going to their town to see the Kansas City Symphony. I don't see how we can manage it though, because hubby can't leave work till 4:30 and it's almost two hours to get there and the symphony starts at 7:00. I hope he tells them no.

Here is the joke of the day:

:happy:

John received a free ticket to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately. John's seat was in the last row in the corner of the stadium. He was closer to the Goodyear Blimp than the stadium. He noticed an empty seat 10 rows up from the 50-yard line. He decides to make his way to the empty seat. As he sits down he asks the man next to him if anyone is sitting there. The man told him no, it was empty. John is very excited to have a seat like this at a Super Bowl and asks why in the world no one is using it? The man replied that it was his wife's seat but she passed away. He said this was the first Super Bowl that they have not attended together since they were married in 1968. John said that it was really sad and asked if he couldn't find someone, a relative or a close friend to take the seat?

"No" replied the man, "They're at her funeral!"

:laugh:

Have a great evening!

Sylvia
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I saw the doctor yesterday. My lungs are clear and BP is happy 119/79. She is pleased with that. Gave me antibiotic cream for spots on body and she said she was glad it was NOT scabies my granddaughter left me with Knew it could not be scabies or husband would have them. She is concerned that I eat healthy and train but weight going UP still. I pick up my Duromine meds this morning. See doctor every week for a month for weight, BP and HrRt. Have to write down any side affects, but she says 1 in a million get them. I hope these help because eating healthy and training NOT helping one little bit. Not sure about Duromine meds but doctor is seeing me to advise and keep on top of things..
    I see dietitian next Wednesday and doctor next Thursday and then every week for a month
    Beautiful Spring day and we are going for a drive out and picnic with Beagle dog.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:My laptop computer wouldn't let me log on this morning.....it has been weird for quite awhile so this might be the end of it.......we called our friend, the computer expert, and he'll be over at noon tomorrow to see what's going on. We are prepared emotionally to have to buy a new computer but I wish we didn't have to spend the money.:cry::cry: :cry:

:flowerforyou: I am using the desktop computer while Jake is walking the dogs. We haven't had to share a computer in years so it is a big change.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I got to five minutes with my plank this morning and am very pleased with that......it is also the 25th consecutive day of doing a plank in the morning right after breakfast and before walking the dogs......the dogs lie next to me and watch so I don't get away from them and walk without them.:laugh: :laugh:

:heart: Barbie from gray and cloudy NW Washington

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif2157045gp85zev8ri.gif2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh Syvia, I guess I didn't read the word joke and just read the story. I was expecting a tear jerker and when I got to the part that the family was at her family i was about to punch the guy out. That is one dedicated football fan.

You are so talented and have such a heart, it would be so wonderful if you could buy that house and make not only a studio but a school for artists. Make it make money for you. Your husband would never see you again!

I can't remember who mentioned the supporting cami but that is a wonderful idea. My jeans do a wonderful job holding in the tummy but the belly above is very evident. My daughter has a friend who had the gastric sleeve surgery and she wears one to hold all the skin in. She started at about 300 pounds and lost down to about 150 in less that a year. she posts all sorts of posts showing her drink at a Mexican restaruant then yesterday she posted a picture of all these pumpkin products, pumpkin M&Ms, latte, bagels and 1 other. Then she said she wasn't even ashamed. to have not only a surgeon but the whole medical team give you all that knowledge, time and effort and a year later she eats all that. She is a real good friend of my daughter and she is my best cheerleader. She is so proud that I have lost 60 pounds the natural way, the healthy way, a way that hopefully will last a lifetime. But I will have to look into those camis.

I mentioned I had been cleaning and had a couple of large bags of things to donate. So I went over to a good friends house who is having the neighborhood sale. She is part of our 'old nursesclub' who go out to eat once a month. Last month she wasn't with us because they went on a month long cruise, camping trip around Alaska. So today was the first time in a while since she saw me. She said she couldn't believe how much more weight I have lost. I had to tell her that the scale is stuck but the inches are still going and I am solidly in size 12s now. I told Charlie that I really wanted to tell her that she could do it to. Her and her husband are obese, especially her husband. But they see me each time going out to these places and am able to lose weight eating sensibly. So I am showing by example but maybe I need to be more verbal. Of our group we only have one girl that is of a normal weight. But they walk all the time, routinely run half marathons and grow most of their foods. They live in an old log cabin on many acres. And when I say old I mean old.

We went to Jasons deli tonight. I always get the same salad bar and have a lot of leafy lettuce, veggies, and an egg plus balsamic vinegarette dressing. I then have one of the tiny plastic cups of ice cream filled just to the rim. Well the ice cream is the only reason Charlie goes there. he takes his 20 oz cup with about 18 ox of the full chocolate ice cream and then fills the rest with the chocolate syrup. i figured it up and I think it is 176 calories and 108 grams of fat. He is under the impression that his Lipitor takes care of his cholesterol and all the blockages he had are not corrected with stents. I have tried to tell him that my Dad died with a normal cholesterol after his 2nd open heart surgery. This is why I make sure I go with him to the doctor to let the doctor knows what is going on. I have tried talking to him at neutral times and let him know how important he is to not only me but his daughters and especially the grand daughters. But he lives to eat, instead of eat to live. It only irritates him when I talk to him which makes him eat more. MEN:grumble: :grumble:

Joyce, Indiana
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I forgot to tell you something funny. A couple of weeks ago I got my granddaughters some tshirts that had capes attached with Velcro and made one for my grandson. They wore them to school and apparently the other kids liked them, because I started seeing more kids with capes. This morning my son told me that the school sent home a note saying that Thursdays were super hero days. I thought, oh no. I hope the shirts weren't so disruptive that the school is trying to limit them to one day a week. When I picked the kids up from school tonight, all the teachers came streaming out the doors wearing super hero shirts! Some with capes! And lots of kids behind them were wearing them too. One teacher had a Captain America shirt, cape, and red knee boots! It was great! I hope somebody took pictures.

Sylvia
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi before bedtime. I didn't feel too great last night and ended up calling in sick today. I slept a lot! I am mentally and physically tired; I need a vacation. If it wasn't for having to wear the boot, I'd be damning the cost and heading to the beach for a long weekend

Someone is coming to see the house tomorrow morning. Please send all the prayers, good vibes, crossed fingers, etc. that you can. Things are getting critical.

Good night from Carol in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a DVD that uses the resistance band today. Tomorrow's plan is to do a step DVD

Joyce - how interesting those ornaments must be! Your granddaughter sounds so precious. You must be very proud

I'm supposed to volunteer at the Green Room again today. Afterwards, there is this farmer's market that I'd like to go to. They are open from something like 11 to 2, so that'll work in for when I get off at the Green Room. I'm just curious to see what it is they have.

DM - when we're in our 20's we aren't thinking about the future. My son has such great potential but he'd rather do something that he's "happy" at. To me, teaching English (your native language) is taking the easy way out.

Deb - what a great motivator it will be for you to not want to fail your daughter. That's just amazing that they'd let that guy be around women under anesthesia. Jessica was talking about a vet school in the Caribbean. You say they are expensive? I think she was looking at them because they weren't as expensive. But, to be honest, I don't think she'd be happy. We'd be taking care of her cats and I really think she'd miss them. If something happened and she wasn't here, she'd feel terrible

Took some of the soup I made yesterday to the lady who gave me a can of hers along with a piece of this apple cake that I made. Then took a piece of the apple cake to Lynette and then volunteered at the Green Room. After that stopped at this one farmer's market, found out that today was the last day for that market. I didn't see anything real special, but then again, it's the end. Then went to Aldi thinking there were things I could get but wound up having to go to WalMart also. They didn't have the chicken I wanted to wound up going to Food Lion, and, sure enough, they had it. I figured they would.

Tonight is the first Newcomers bowling.

meg - hope your dh and dd are OK

Last night I was watching a segment by Hungry Girl and she mentioned this item I'd never heard of before -- dijonnaise. So I thought I'd give it a try. It IS pretty good.

DeeDee - my guess with August and September being weight gain months is that in August it's the end of summer. People are taking those "last minute" vacations. September brings Labor Day and the cookouts. That's my GUESS. Oh, Vince would like a computer in his frige (in add'n to the TV)...lol

Put some of that dijonnaise on my salad tonight. I could have sworn when Hungry Girl put it on her salad she used a tablespoon, but a serving is only a teaspoon.

Lesley - you are doing so well, I hope everything works out for you

barbie - I don't know if I'll EVER get to holding my plank as long as you do yours. Fantastic!!!! When I'm doing my plank, the cats feel that it's their duty to walk under me...lol

Joyce - I love Jason's Deli. Vince says that he eats bacon, etc so that it gives his cholesterol meds something to do....lol

Carol - good for you listening to your body and taking a day off. I'll have everything crossed for you

Michele in NC
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Tomorrow I'm supposed to take Sis car shopping. Please cross your fingers and help her pick a car. She has dithered time and again about buying a car. She knows she needs one, but Jeez, she just can't bring herself to BUY one. It's like shopping with Goldilocks....:grumble:

Tomorrow is my birthday. I asked my DH to take me out to dinner.
    We went to see the movie The Chef. Loved it! Did make me hungry though. :laugh:

On butternut squash...I nuke mine in the microwave. Trim the ends, slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds (a grapefruit spoon works great). Put it in a microwave-safe pan cut side down w/ an inch of water. Cover it with a piece of wax paper. Nuke it for about 10 min.per half. You could probably nuke it for 5-6 minutes, then peel and chop the flesh to saute it. You can also roast it in the oven. 400 degrees for 45 minutes.

Has anyone tried a neti pot for their sinuses?

Joyce - love the idea of ornaments from old jewelry.

Sylvia - LOVE SuperHero Thursdays!!! How wonderful the school is for doing that! And it was your idea!!

Carol - Love the new house. Good luck with your prospective buyer. Bake some cookies.:laugh:

Heather - Have a great time in NYC!

Michele - The cats are are marking you as their human. Which you already know...

Mimi - Hope your nephew feels better soon. Water works to soften the cereal. It isn't as tasty as milk, but it does serve the purpose.

Cheers from the Mother's Finest PUB! :drinker:

Diane in TX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

It’s been a few days and I feel disconnected with everyone, but too overwhelmed by all the posts to respond to all, I will read and respond here and there…. So just a bit about what is going on here, my new roomie moved in and that is a big adjustment, she has her 19 year old for dinner 3 nights a week, and her boy friend 1-2 nights – I knew this; and am fine with it, and get invited to join - she is a healthy cook; just HUGE portions so I can do ok if I serve myself. I had gotten used to visiting with you or working after dinner, and when it is a “family” dinner it takes much longer and we all socialize - I really like it, but have to re-adjust my world to it.

I have been helping out a local embroidery shop for 2 weeks just 3 hours a day – but oh my that takes up a ton of time, today was my last day and I am glad.

Levi has been doing good, I have removed the sticks ( thanks Cynthia) he seems to be responding to the on-going training and is doing a bit better with other dog sightings…

There has been some family upheaval within my bio-family and although I try to steer clear of as much of the drama as I can, it is hard especially when it involves my mom and nephew’s physical and mental safety --- but there is little I can do as they “vent” to me but have a very different story when talking to anyone in authority.

Downton fans is the states have to wait until Jan. for the next season….

September goals:
    Stretch 5 minutes 8 times done 4 times
    Walk 100 miles –as of 9/21 104.04 miles….
    Do 4 errands walking (from home or a 15 minute walk from the place the car is parked)
    Do Heather’s abc balance 2 time a week – 3 done

Kim from N. California
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So many of you with big challenges - my heart, good thoughts and prayers go out to (and for) you.:heart::heart: :heart:

I'm finally getting ready to leave the bay area (east of San Francisco) to home in the Sierra Foothills. I planned to go yesterday but got tripped up by a few things.

My nephew continues to get better. They've pinned down the cause of the lesions in his throat etc. and think now that it's herpes, brought on by pneumonia and the related lower immunity. At first they thought it was shingles, but it's some other herpes virus.

There's always a humorous side to things. With him it was that he was not a very good patient, tending to gulp rather than sip as he'd been told. Then he'd vomit.

The gulping stopped, dead in its tracks, when the doctor told him that every time he vomited, that meant another day in the hospital. :noway: :ohwell: :noway:

That got his attention. :bigsmile:

I'm not quite on track these last couple of days. I'm glad to be going home where I plan to get a handle on it. (I was going to say, "hope" but changed it to "plan," by golly!)

Many hugs to all of you.

Mimi
    :heart:
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I started the Duromine today.
    Pharmacist was great and gave me a printout, which lists all side affects..
    Only thing I have noticed is headache and thirsty so far.
    I am to take BP and heart rate every morning (lucky I have a machine at home) BP was 157/110 and HrRt 84 BPM. BP was 119/79 and HrRt 83 BPM in doctor's office yesterday, Plus take weight every morning and record it.
    Posted my food and it is 1790 today..Have to take printouts to dietition to see.
    We had a lovely drive out and stopped for picnic at Warrawee Park on upper reaches of Mersey River. Then home and a dog walk.
    I am ONLY to walk next 3 days and write down any side affects I might have.Cut down the coffee and drink more herb tree and keep drinking water. That is easy with the thirst I have. Dietitiion on Wednesday afternoon and Doctor on Thursday afternoon.
    Doctor thinks my metabolism is still shot from the Statins I was on and thinks Duromine will speed up metabolism Here's' hoping
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies

I'm back at work again, but going back to hospital on Monday. Hopefully I will get my drain removed and may actually start feeling normal once more.

I'm desperate to feel well enough to fly over to Germany to see my daughter and granddaughter. Miss them so much and thank goodness for Facetime!

I hope you are all doing ok. Will try to catch up soon.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Just a few words. Still trying to get back in the swing of things.

Yanniejannie: sounds like you have found some acceptance for your daughter’s choices. Hope that reduces your stress a bit. (Working with large animals is good medicine for stress, BTW. ☺)

Sue: sorry you’re not feeling well. Any better today?

Alison: don’t forget to take a nap or something!

DeeDee: glad you’re feeling better!

Kim: best of luck with your roomie. I’d have a hard time with it. Re the sticks: I got a Kong “Safestix” to use if he’s doing well enough to play. They’re not meant for chewers, though, so if that’s an issue you’d have to take it away from him in the house.

Amanda: drain removal is a milestone. Great!

I had great blood work this week; everything was normal (blood sugar, cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides). BP was also normal. A year ago I was borderline type 2 diabetic.

Slowly feeling a bit better. I don't know what's been going on, but I've really been in a funk. Now I'm trying to be consistent with meals, vitamins, and getting a bit more exercise. Got to the gym again yesterday.

Now that the abscess (for the Googlers among us: retrobulbar abscess) is more or less history I can turn my attention to other dog health issues. Got an appointment with his (3rd!) vet/chiropractor on Wednesday. It's a two-hour drive, but I value the man's insight.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Lesley, with trying to sort out what's going on. :flowerforyou:

Carol - sending lucky thoughts!:flowerforyou:

Mimi - I'm sure you will get back on track soon.:flowerforyou:

Kim - Oh my gosh! Sending you hugs.:flowerforyou: I know I wouldn't be able to cope with all that intrusion for more than a week or so. Remember, your health and stability is the most important thing. There is no shame in changing your mind about the situation if you are not enjoying it. :noway: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Cynthia - you have so much going on. Glad you are getting back into a good routine.:flowerforyou:

Amanda - hope you continue to improve!:drinker:

Well folks, plans all changed.:ohwell: Had an email last night from DDIL to say DGS had a temperature and they both had heavy colds and she didn't want us to catch it before our NYC trip. DS rang me this morning to say he really didn't think it was a very good idea for us to come.:sad: So we are not going up to see them today. :cry:
    DDIL has just sent us 2 photos of the kids saying, "Sorry not to see you!" DGD is wearing one of the outfits I bought her for her birthday.:love::love: I will send DGS a photo of DH when I have taken one with 'blue horse'.

So, an unexpected day off! I was awake st 5.30 waiting for news so started my strength training at 6.15. Managed to burn 603 cals this morning. I am beginning to get nervous about the travelling now. I am a very anxious person!:tongue: I have found that if I smile I feel better and when an anxious thought pops up I say, as the Buddha did, "I know you Mara.":laugh: Mara is a demon who comes at you with troubling thoughts.:wink: I laugh at the demon! ! ! ! !:laugh: :bigsmile: I have always been like this so I know Mara very well!

Well, enough neurosis!

Bye for now, Heather in gloomy Hampshire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,731 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I sorta feel just a little under the weather..had some plain toast and tea for breakfast, working all day today, and slept real well last night.. amazing what sleepytime tea can do:bigsmile:
    I was exsausted from doing all that cooking for tomorrow,but at least it is out of the way...
    DB,DSIL,and her mom have booked there tickets and are coming down to florida for 4 days when we go down..should be interesting with Faith with them... but they cant leave her with anyone else so she comes with..
    we will be going to Sanibel Island where all the birds are,my favorite place on earth,but again dont know how well it will be for Faith..
    well I better hop to as I have to be at work at 7:30
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Way behind and can't catch up right now. My twin DGD's lost their other grandmother Weds. She has been very ill with cancer and there was nothing left to do for her. She was in a lot of pain and I'm glad that she is at peace now but I know the family is hurting. She was the heart of that family.
    Then yesterday I got a call from a neighbor who told me our other neighbor's dog was attacked and killed by two other dogs. Just one street over while my neighbor was walking the dog. The poor woman had to stand there helplessly while it happened.
    This week-end I really want to try and get some things done around the house. My lawn mower isn't working so I've got to pay someone to mow it but I'll do the trimming, weeding and hopefully get the bushes trimmed.

Well, I wish I could stay and catch up but I need to get a move on it. The funeral is Monday and I want to take off to go.

Michele, Chapter one is done and I’ve started chapter two. I did the quiz for one but don’t remember seeing a score, I better go back and check. Chapter two I hope to knock out this week-end.

If I can't catch up this week-end everyone have a safe and healthy one.

Patty, Cincinnati OH