Why do women wear tank tops to the gym more than men?

12345679»

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I don't like to wear baggy T-shirts (or baggy anything).
    I do like to show off my arms.
    And I've never had pit stains in my life. Every other part of me will be drenched in sweat but the underarms stay dry. Magic.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    arm pit hair

I wish more men would shave their pits (my husband included).
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Nooooo not the pits
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Same reasons as all the other chicks.... and another reason: I can check out the guns in the mirror without making it obvious that that's what I'm doing. What? We all do it. And it's distracting when the guys pull up their sleeves and flex. Maybe they should take a cue from us and go sleeveless. :happy:

Oh... another reason: I found some awesome tanks with lifting-inspired sayings on them. I like wearing my "Do you even lift?" tank to the gym. :happy:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    ...I think you are looking WAAAAY too into things. How about you sit down, brain storm a few hobbies to fill in your time? You obviously have way too much of it.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    If I could work out naked, I would. I like being as cool and unrestricted as possible, so a tank top or even a sports bra suit me best. T-shirts stick to me when I sweat which in turn makes me uncomfortable and hot.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    I wear a cutoff bc I like being able to see the muscles I'm training or to see those newly visible veins from leaning down. When I see a vein in my bicep that a long time ago was invisible, it gives me an extra rep of energy every set.

I do though think it's weird when u can see dual man nipple. That's a bit much
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I like women in tanks. They look nicer on the shoulders. I like men in dri-fit t-shirts, particularly if the t-shirt is tight on the chest and bicep. The sexiest look on a man is when he looks like his arms and chest are going to tear up an otherwise loose shirt.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I like women in tanks. They look nicer on the shoulders. I like men in dri-fit t-shirts, particularly if the t-shirt is tight on the chest and bicep. The sexiest look on a man is when he looks like his arms and chest are going to tear up an otherwise loose shirt.

Mmm.. That IS a good look.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    I wear tank tops because it gives my bat wings room to fly while I'm working out. :)
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    It's freaking hot and I can't stand material pulling on my shoulders (or material up in my armpits). It has zero to do with "showing off" in my experience.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    I like wearing tanks because I hate feeling uncomfortable when I'm hot. If I have sleeves and I'm sweating, I'll try to hike the sleeves all the way up to the shoulders, which feels too bunchy and annoying. On the days where I forgot to shave my pits, I'll wear sleeves and all I'l be thinking is WTF COULDN'T YOU JUST TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO SHAVE lol.

Same here. I sweat a lot and if its hot I will not wear tshirt. no way.
  • financecupcake
    financecupcake Posts: 3 Member
    Where do you buy cute tanks? I either wear the free t-shirt I got when I joined the gym or a 30-year-old LAPD t-shirt my mom got while she was transferring prisoners out there while she was pregnant with me. I have a nice running wardrobe, but it's a few sizes too small. Gym tanks would be nice, but I don't ever see any cute ones when I go shopping.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member

Indeed. If the things would shrink in the wash, I'd be even happier.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member

I don't know about the wash, but cold showers will definitely cause some shrinkage
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

When my husband and I first stared dating he wore large and even XL t-shirt. He's 5'9" and 160lbs. NOT XL. Happy times for everyone when I convinced him to start buying mediums.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

When my husband and I first stared dating he wore large and even XL t-shirt. He's 5'9" and 160lbs. NOT XL. Happy times for everyone when I convinced him to start buying mediums.

Sounds like mine and his pants- they fall of his flat *kitten* ALL.THE.TIME.
    refuses to wear a belt- or a size smaller. Makes me crazy.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I'm thinking of getting this for my heavy lifting sessions, since the curl bros already watch me, why not give them something to watch?

costumes-and-party-stuff-mens-pink-tutu-masquerade-masks-313x559.jpg