Any Popsters out there (Blogilates/Pop Pilates)?

Options
123457»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    bumping this thread out of interest...my husband & I just started Day 1 of the Beginner's Calendar yesterday. I'm looking forward to learning more!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I got off the exercise wagon for a bit, but now I'm back at it doing 1-3 videos from the September calendar every day.

I'm excited to see what's on the October calendar.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    bumping this thread out of interest...my husband & I just started Day 1 of the Beginner's Calendar yesterday. I'm looking forward to learning more!

Good luck and have fun!! I have two days left of the beginner's calendar. Some days were definitely tougher than others, but I got through it. I did see some improvement on some of the workouts that repeat, although minimal, and I still can't do a roll up.

But my plan is to move on to the October Calendar and just do what I can do, which is much better than doing nothing!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I used to do blogilates and pop pilates often... I sort of forgot about the videos. I want to get back into the habit of doing toning exercises.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've found other pilates videos to be much more aligned with the original intentions of pilates. I am glad for blogilates as it introduced me to the whole thing, though. But, blogilates is less pilates and more a general fitness class with a couple of pilates moves thrown in from time to time (and tends to attract people who are looking for a quick fix and freak out when the don't get it! lol). Pilates is more about balancing underworked and overworked muscles. Pilates is awesome.
  • mail4jenks
    mail4jenks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think the pull of Blogilates is Cassey and how cheerful and encouraging she is, not to mention the pretty spaces she works out in. It's not as boring as most other youtube workouts!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I've found other pilates videos to be much more aligned with the original intentions of pilates. I am glad for blogilates as it introduced me to the whole thing, though. But, blogilates is less pilates and more a general fitness class with a couple of pilates moves thrown in from time to time (and tends to attract people who are looking for a quick fix and freak out when the don't get it! lol). Pilates is more about balancing underworked and overworked muscles. Pilates is awesome.

I never thought it was the same as a traditional Pilates class. In fact I think that's the point and part of the reason many people are drawn to it.
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I want to start doing the beginner workouts in addition to the other stuff I already enjoy.
  • SianBeatrice
    SianBeatrice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because Cassey is great and I'd love to find some friends who think she's great too :)