October Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll start as I've been slacking in my running (but not overall exercise)!

Goal: 120 miles for the month of October.
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

It's my first time doing this challenge so I'll shoot for 40 miles :smile:

exercise.png
  • una2282
    una2282 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am in!
    exercise.png

I am going for 60 miles, i did 40 this past month :)
  • limarunner
    Options
    Ran 5 miles.:happy:

exercise.png
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Newb in for 50.

exercise.png
  • musiclvr1991
    musiclvr1991 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    10/1: REST DAY (How's that for a good steady start to the challenge? :P To be fair, this was already my planned rest day this week)

exercise.png
  • hutch505
    hutch505 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 35 miles. I'm just getting back into running and hoping to do a 5k on Thangsgiving.
  • Dichotomy1976
    Dichotomy1976 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1/10: 8.7 miles (treadmill 70:00)

exercise.png
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I don't do miles. I run kilometers....being Canadian and all....lol....I think I'll shoot for 90k might have to revisit that goal as the month goes on.

Welcome fellow km tracker! I'm not Canadian, but you just don't do engineering/science in US Standard Units. Nerds have been taken out back and stoned for less..

This cracked me up! So true, but I do still measure my runs in miles :noway:

I do km for quick, easy split calculation while running.. It's just easier for me than something like: what is 9.33 miles * <some pace>.
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    10/01 = 7 miles, outdoors

I LOVE your weight loss ticker :).
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This one of those days that reminds me why I love to run. Because of the weather my friends all bail, so I go out alone. The rain from this morning has mostly stopped, but it's damp, chilly and windy. I leave the road in favor of a hilly trail, but the rain left the trail a mucky mess. So I'm splashin' & slippin' and thinking I must be crazy for being out here risking an injury. I'm not the most coordinated gal. Then I realize I'm havin' a blast. So what if I'm muddy, and my ponytail looks (&feels) like a drowned rat. No one raced me to the top of the hill, no one pushed me to finish strong, no one challenged me to go faster by teasing me about being old & slow. I just ran 7.2 miles in 72 minutes. I ran because I love to run.

DATE : MILES : TOTAL
    Oct 1 : 4.3 & 7.2 : 11.5

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Goal for October: 60 miles

10/1 6.25

(ticker is my goal for 2014 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 4.06 miles

exercise.png
  • Awoww86
    Awoww86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll start low. 31 in 31 days.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    This one of those days that reminds me why I love to run. Because of the weather my friends all bail, so I go out alone. The rain from this morning has mostly stopped, but it's damp, chilly and windy. I leave the road in favor of a hilly trail, but the rain left the trail a mucky mess. So I'm splashin' & slippin' and thinking I must be crazy for being out here risking an injury. I'm not the most coordinated gal. Then I realize I'm havin' a blast. So what if I'm muddy, and my ponytail looks (&feels) like a drowned rat. No one raced me to the top of the hill, no one pushed me to finish strong, no one challenged me to go faster by teasing me about being old & slow. I just ran 7.2 miles in 72 minutes. I ran because I love to run.

DATE : MILES : TOTAL
    Oct 1 : 4.3 & 7.2 : 11.5

exercise.png
    You are sooooo one of my faves here.... :-))
    (Although if YOU are old and slow, I'm totally screwed...)
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been walking/running for a while now but could use some incentive with it as I would like to join some upcoming 5k runs.

I tried my ticker and we'll see if it works. Just shooting for 30 miles since I'm not sure how far I usually go in a month. If I need to, I'll change it to more after I check.

exercise.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Might as well get started on the first!

10/1: 6.10 miles

exercise.png
  • limarunner
    Options
    Saw your ticker didn't post. I had trouble with mine when I followed the instructions so I messed around with the other options. I got mine to work by using the middle address of the box above the one we were suppose to use. Hope this makes sense.
  • stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

exercise.png

finished C25K and looking to match September's total.

1st Oct - 4.67miles
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Date Distance Total
    10/01
    REST
    (0.00)
    10/01
    (5.00)

exercise.png