The Daily Water Cooler Thread

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    oh hey - jr - woot!!! on the loose jeans!!! :>)
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Another shorty here standing at 4'10" and I agree 1lb does make all the difference to us shorties!
    I not only want to lose the weight that I've put on over the past 3-4 years I want to make a lifestyle change. That's my biggest goal right now. Not only for my health but to feel better about myself! I didn't do so hot today seeing as I just finished a king size candy bar but I'm getting right back on track tomorrow no matter what!!!

I am with you. I am not focusing on the weight I want to lose but the small changes I want to make. Sugar is a huge trigger for me so I have limited sugar (it's only allowed 1 day a week) I find that when I am make choices my focus I do better.
  • slm4
    slm4 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm more of a salty. I love pretzels (hard or soft). I love baked lays. I just really have to watch those items or avoid them altogether. I did alot of lunges four or so days ago and now, where my jeans hung on me more loosely, they no longer do. So frustrating! I just can't understand it.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions for snacks. It helps to make a list for the store and eat a variety so I don't get stuck or bored. Not feeling so well today so came home from work early. I will be under my calories and will not be exercising, too tired and stomach is feeling funny. Maybe I should weigh in tomorrow and see if it dropped? But then again it will go up the minute I put something in my mouth or exercise. The long and winding road...
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    too true - I am famous for finding foods that equaled a "good week" and then eating the same things over and over and then going completely off the rails in a sort of twisted rebellion. Didn't go over cals for today - but am not thrilled with some of my choices - Am also ready to hit the hay
  • slm4
    Options
    So much to do today! I have not been very good about getting time in for fitness this week. I've been doing okay on my food, but just haven't gotten around to working out much.....
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Home sick today. The body aches and upset stomach have kept me from eating much or exercising. Didn't meet my goal for exercise this week but hopefully will make up for it next week. I'm tired...:yawn:
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    hope you're feeling better jr - the good news is that it is friday. I am freaking out. At that point where I am getting bored with the food I've been doing. Change makes me anxious. Even if it's at minor as breakfast. Back to month-end!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Still home sick today with aches. Low appetite thus the progress on my ticker. I'll take it any way I can get it. Has anyone's ticker ever gone backward when they eat again? I get the food boredom thing too. Luckily my husband cooks dinner and we meal plan together for healthy eating. I bought a new cook book, Taste of Home Comfort Diet Foods, or something like that. Lots of variety and calories are reasonable as long as you stay true to portion size. When I'm feeling better I'll see if there is a recipe worth posting for you. Otherwise there are some people sharing their snack ideas under the Nutrition and Weight Loss topics of this site. May give you some ideas to change things up?
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    ooo - I luv Taste of HOme - may have to see if I can find that book on ebay or something.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    The actual title is Taste of Home Comfort Food Cookbook-Diet
    Also I noted that other people are talking about the web site www.eatingwell.com I checked it out and looks like a good reference for new ideas for healthy recipes, etc.

Jenny
  • slm4
    Options
    Are you away on a trip? It sounds like you've been away for some time. Don't you hate eating on the road? It's ridiculously hard to eat healthy.....
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Do you mean me? I've just been home sick for a few days. Hopefully on the upswing now. Last night I had to go to bed early with two Tylenol PM due to my headache and achy limbs again. I feel positive today should go better because I feel good enough to have coffee and am thinking about breakfast. I may even leave the house to do an errand. Fresh air always helps. I'm looking forward to exercise again too! How are you?:smile:
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    ROAR!! I just did my Cardiostrength DVD. RAHR!! I think I finally understand what people mean when talk about those good endorphins.
  • slm4
    Options
    I am very well! No exercise today but busy busy all the same! I was doing great this week but today I have been snacking alot more than usual......
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I had to make a trip to the organic grocery store to buy an herb I give my crazy cat for his anxiety. I picked up an Eating Well Magazine because it had some interesting recipe ideas on the front. There is a section on 100 calorie snacks. Here are a few I thought looked good (I'm hungry but saving my calories to go out for BBQ tonight).

Lemon Parmesan Popcorn- Whisk 2 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 1/2 tsp lemon pepper and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over 3 cups air-popped popcorn and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Makes 2 servings, 1 1/2 cups each (99 calories per serving; good source of fiber)

Chocolate-Banana Grahams: Break 1 graham cracker square into 2 rectangles. Top each piece with 1/4 tsp. Nutella (or other chocolate hazelnut spread), a slice of banana and a sprinkling of toasted shredded coconut. Makes 1 serving; 71 calories; good source of potassium)

Cottage Cheese Salad- Place 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup each of chopped green bell pepper and chopped tomato in a small container. Sprinkle with 1 T. minced scallion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Makes 1 cup at 100 calories per cup. (good source of protein, Vit C, Calcium)

I thought these provided some variety to our usual choices. May take a little effort but may seem like a treat!

Any other ideas?:bigsmile:
  • slm4
    Options
    Yum! Well, I don't know about any specific snack recipes I use....I definitely am a fan of Cooking Light! I know I'll eat PB&J on rice or wheat cakes. Those are always tasty. I also like PB&Banana. I've been giving my husband PB&Apple Slices to take to work because he never ever eats enough fiber. Ah! Another Monday. I think that this week I am going to really make more of an effort to get a few small workouts in. I did so badly last week for that. I was great on my calories and my nutrition but terrible effort on my workout. What about you girls?
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Staying home today with the mini-B's. 40-below equals not interested in going out. Did my DVD - RAHR!! Have meatloaf (made with chick) and mashed potatoes ready for the devouring. Go ahead and blow - baby blow.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    My new satisfying snack is a plain rice cake with a little peanut butter and raisens on top. It's pretty good! I've eaten within the hour before I go to Zumba or do my walking DVD. It sustains me fairly well. I'm not weighing in regularly because the scale frustrates the #%# out of me! I'm sticking with how I feel in my clothes for awhile...
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Is everyone snowed in and hiding out? Where are you? Lots of snow in Minnesota but the blizzard missed us unfortunately. A snow day from work would be welcome! Bitter cold here...