Calling all female lifters

Options

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    No clue on 1 rep max's so these are all 5x5

Squats 180-200lb form starts to given mid sets at the 200lb...so I just backed off to 160lb and working back up.

Deads 140lb (overhand) &160lb(mixed grip)....only because my grip gives out, still trying to figure this out. Thumb injury hasn't helped.

Bench 80lb ....I have a mental block on bench for some reason...I can get up 95lb 5x3 but always fail 5x5 at 85lbs and don't even ask about my overhead press...that just sucks :grumble:

Starting the 5/3/1 program, so will be lowering numbers but should help break my plateaus

Really need to test 1rm for deads my grip gives on 4....the new program should help. My dead numbers make me want to cry....especially because the lift isn't the issue.

Need help with grip strength ladies!!!

Odd question does hand size matter for grip strength? I have very small hands...very small, most kids where a bigger size, my gloves to be sized right (winter leather) have to be an expensive brand with extra small sizing. Less than 6in from wrist to tip of middle finger and size 4.5-5 wedding band.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mine are sad compared to some of these!

By my 5x5s...

Squat - 160 (*kitten* to ground though!)
    Bench - 100

1x5...
    DL - 175

My grip strength really hurts my DL. Have to somehow figure how to improve.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bench 190#
    Squat 235#
    Deadlift 335#
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 12

Bench- 75
    Squat- 125
    ded lift-95 OR 1RM 275
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Not sure of my 1RM but these are all 8-10 reps:

I'm 5'1" and 115 lbs

Bench: 75
    Deadlift: 155
    Squat: 275

Been lifting for 8 months. My deadlift sucks, because I'm having grip trouble.

wait- you can rep 275 squat for 8/10 reps but can't pull a 200 pound dead lift?

holy crap. that's odd.

Try mix grip- and chalk.

Yeah. I've never seen anyone with numbers like that are you squatting to full depth with free weights?

Yeah, full range, free weights. Just got these numbers last week - to clarify I've only pulled off these numbers once. Before that I was between 245 and 255.

I know it's odd but it is what it is. I'm trying to balance the two lifts out. I just happened to progress really quickly on the squats (ballet background helped), not so much on the deadlifts. Trying some grips for now until I can even it out.

To clarify, I CAN pull 200 pounds, but I can't get the same rep range. My hands crap out at 5.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    No clue on 1 rep max's so these are all 5x5

Squats 180-200lb form starts to given mid sets at the 200lb...so I just backed off to 160lb and working back up.

Deads 140lb (overhand) &160lb(mixed grip)....only because my grip gives out, still trying to figure this out. Thumb injury hasn't helped.

Bench 80lb ....I have a mental block on bench for some reason...I can get up 95lb 5x3 but always fail 5x5 at 85lbs and don't even ask about my overhead press...that just sucks :grumble:

Starting the 5/3/1 program, so will be lowering numbers but should help break my plateaus

Really need to test 1rm for deads my grip gives on 4....the new program should help. My dead numbers make me want to cry....especially because the lift isn't the issue.

Need help with grip strength ladies!!!

Odd question does hand size matter for grip strength? I have very small hands...very small, most kids where a bigger size, my gloves to be sized right (winter leather) have to be an expensive brand with extra small sizing. Less than 6in from wrist to tip of middle finger and size 4.5-5 wedding band.

I have the same issue with grip strength, also really really small hands. Seem to be about the same size as yours.

I've resorted to using grips to help balance me out, It's frustrating!
  • LjaramilloJ
    Options
    Bench 170 lbs

Squat 205

Dead lift ?
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    5X

Bench: 130
    Squat: 185
    Deadlift: 160
  • sardonic_siren
    Options
    Squat: 215lbs
    Bench: 135lbs
    Deadlift: 250lbs
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bench: 170
    Deadlift: 300 conv/305 sumo
    Squat: 245 low bar squat in PL competition, right now 205 high bar to "CF depth" but probably my real capability is ~225; I just haven't tried it due to recovering from an injury

I have been lifting for about 3 years and weigh ~170 just to put these into perspective!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I had to stop squatting due to form problems, so I would not be at the last PR I did with it. These numbers also include me coming off a back injury (not related to lifting). Really have only been back to lifting for a couple months. These are 5x5 numbers, as I've never tried a 1 rep max.

BENCH: 85lb
    SQUAT: was 90lb - no idea what it would be now
    DEADLIFT: 165lb
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    how bout leg curls? I've been doing 75 lbs (3x10) going to up weight soon and hopefully get sets of 8
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and weigh 98lbs

Bench - 99lbs
    Squat - 155
    Dead lift - 121

I get what previous person was saying about bad grip on dead lift. My pathetic child sized hands can't get a good grip, anyone ever heard of weighlifting exercises to increase hand size? Lol
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    5x5
    Bench: 105
    Squat: 180
    Deadlift: 180

I know I can deadlift more, but I struggle with my grip strength. I haven't tried straps or anything like that yet. Trying to improve my grip strength.

ETA: I am 5'3" and 134 lbs
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner but I lift to assist injury prevention & maintain muscle mass. Also for those of us who use metric ;)

Squat- 85kg
    Deadlift- 110kg
    Leg press- 280kg

Bench- 55kg (1 rep max).
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with grip strength - again, small hands. Know I can lift more because I can squat with my 40kg son on my back (only half that holding weights.)
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just moved up on bench.

Pounds:

Bench (6 reps) 75
    Squat (8 reps) 95
    Deadlift (8 reps) 135

5'6"/130/51yo
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    and I regretful and humbly come back to retract my previous numbers

225 squat
    275 deadlift-

305 wouldn't move- no hope of 315.

I'll run bench tomorrow or sunday.

blast.
    weeks of training for nothing.

pissed doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    and I regretful and humbly come back to retract my previous numbers

225 squat
    275 deadlift-

305 wouldn't move- no hope of 315.

I'll run bench tomorrow or sunday.

blast.
    weeks of training for nothing.

pissed doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Its never for nothing. Its what builds character my father would say. You have nothing to be regreted or humbled. Your inspiring so many of us so much more than that.