Calling all female lifters

Options

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    ok which one of you wants to take me under your wing and help me figure out why I'm not gaining? I don't want to hijack this thread with a bunch of my whining. In return, I make killer cheesecake.......
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    fairly new and not lifting right now due to rotator cuff issues ( work related )

3x8
    BP -75
    OH- 75
    Deadlift-135
    Squats- 135

39yo/158/5"4"
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with grip strength - again, small hands. Know I can lift more because I can squat with my 40kg son on my back (only half that holding weights.)

Grip issues here as well. Liquid chalk and a newer (as in not worn down) barbell helps me a lot. My trainer is advising me to use straps but I can't get the hang of them yet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    and I regretful and humbly come back to retract my previous numbers

225 squat
    275 deadlift-

305 wouldn't move- no hope of 315.

I'll run bench tomorrow or sunday.

blast.
    weeks of training for nothing.

pissed doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Its never for nothing. Its what builds character my father would say. You have nothing to be regreted or humbled. Your inspiring so many of us so much more than that.

aw thanks.

I'll be back with a vengeance- just have to lick my wounds tonight and get the fk over myself.

I feel like the older I get- the harder this "character building" *kitten* gets. LOL- tonight was hard- I'm going to have a glass of wine and do something more successful and be more useful for myself instead of pouting LOL
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

225 squat
    275 deadlift-

blast.

I thought you were testing tomorrow. It sounds like your day went very much like my husbands. He left the gym pretty discouraged.

Mine was okay.

bw 126
    Squat 242.5 plus 10(ish) pounds on my last meet best
    Bench 120 (last meet best)
    Deadlift 300. 315 would not move. (Last meet 309)

The reality is it only counts on the platform. If mine were a meet my squat wouldn't have been as good but my bench and deadlift may have been better. There are good days and bad.

If your numbers are going down, are you doing anything differently? Diet? Other activities? Stress in your life?
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Bench: 54kg
    Squat: 70kg
    Deadlift: 90kg
    thats including the weight of an olympic bar
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bench-115
    Squat-155
    Dl-220
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

225 squat
    275 deadlift-

blast.

We've all had training cycles like that. I've always found that it kill the next cycle because I'm so pissed. Can't wait to see how you do on bench - one day I'll be able to bench like you!
  • tinark68
    Options
    Bench 185
    Squat 225
    DL 305.

retesting Saturday actually- pumped to hit higher numbers- but I'm not holding my breath.

Nice lifts!

Bench 135
    Squat 240
    DL 290
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    SO impressed by your collective strength! :heart:

Heaviest recent lifts (for sets of 5-8 reps)

Bench 75
    Squat 105
    Deadlift 140 (I weigh decently less than this, so I feel kind of proud) :drinker:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    SO impressed by your collective strength! :heart:

Heaviest recent lifts (for sets of 5-8 reps)

Bench 75
    Squat 105
    Deadlift 140 (I weigh decently less than this, so I feel kind of proud) :drinker:

Be proud!!:).
    Awesome thread!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I hit a 235 full depth pause squat today (raw)! Didn't go to failure; wasn't my max testing, just playing around in my Barbell Club. Going for 250 at my meet! Also, bench is back up to 145 with a pause, even if right after a hard WOD (Diane 21-15-9 155# Deads & Handstand Pushups) immediate prior and speed benching for volume 13 hours before. Feeling confident about the next month. Have my first USAPL meet November 8. :)
    101810191020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know this is only for female lifters but I just want to say congrats for hitting the big 3 lifts! Feel free to add me, this is my second time here on MFP :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

225 squat
    275 deadlift-

blast.

I thought you were testing tomorrow. It sounds like your day went very much like my husbands. He left the gym pretty discouraged.

Mine was okay.

bw 126
    Squat 242.5 plus 10(ish) pounds on my last meet best
    Bench 120 (last meet best)
    Deadlift 300. 315 would not move. (Last meet 309)

The reality is it only counts on the platform. If mine were a meet my squat wouldn't have been as good but my bench and deadlift may have been better. There are good days and bad.

If your numbers are going down, are you doing anything differently? Diet? Other activities? Stress in your life?

Saturday was really full for me- and I had nothing to do on Friday- and felt like it would be a good opportunity- I didn't think 1 day of rest would matter- plus I had a fab carb up all you can eat sushi lunch- I was mentally prepared for it.

I had 3 hours of dance class and a dance event- I didn't want to risk being tired at the end of today- so yeah. oh well.

315 seems like such a pain in the butt- it just WILL not move- I almost got 305- so I mean- had my technique been better it might have gone up- I got it to my knees- shameful oh well.

Well- technically I'm cutting- But I haven't really dropped weight- so that's one reason I'm pretty upset- like it's okay to lose strength if you drop 10 pounds- that makes sense- but I"m STILL hovering around 160- and now I've gone down in weights- so it's like why the hell am I fighting all this work to cut when I"m not dropping my body pounds- but lifting pounds- that's just horribly discouraging.

I just switched to TDEE beginning of the week- which in theory gives me some wiggle room with food (in theory- but I feel like in general I'm eating less) I'm willing to take a strength loss at this point if I can get below 160- but it's piss poor to not lose weight- and then drop lifts too- that's just like- salt in the wound.

Oh- I started doing some cardio 2 times a week about 3-4 weeks ago I guess- doesn't seem like enough to really warrant any major drop in lifts- seriously 15-45 min of light cardio 2x a week doesn't scream over training.
    I ran Sheiko for the past like 12 weeks- but apparently I wasn't quiet right on how I did it- I'm considering running it again just to see if it helps.

Shrug- today was moderately better- long hours of dance rehersal that already left me fairly dejected after last night- so the whole negative nancy voice in my head- hate that B- she's so annoying.

it'll get better- it's that slow grind- I know it is. It has to go up.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I just hit 3 months of lifting :)

BENCH: 100
    SQUAT: 155
    DEADLIFT: 175

** All sets of 5+
  • NoMouseNoMore
    NoMouseNoMore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BENCH: 90 lbs.
    SQUAT: 140 lbs.
    DEADLIFT: 180 lbs.

**current 1RM's
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bench 120
    Squat 185
    Deadlift 200

:happy:
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    How much do you bench, squat, deadlift..

BENCH: 75
    SQUAT: 125
    DEADLIFT: 105

Bench 75 (three sets of 12) I'd love to increase to 85, but I am NOT asking a guy in the gym to stand over me dangling his man parts over my head. LOL
    Squat 15 (six sets of one handed angle lifting above my head)
    Deadlift 40 (three sets of 12, then with rows three sets of 3 and two sets of 7)
    I also complete 15 three sets of 12 standing bicep curls, same but 20 lbs. straight up and three sets of 15 cross body.
    I want to increase my overhead triceps from three set of 12 from 25 lbs to 30, but I am afraid I'll clock myself in the head (I'm clumsy)

I do not see the benefit of super high weights because of injury. I'd rather increase slowly and safely.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Update from my meet today.

Squat - still 264. Tried 275 and couldn't get up
    Bench - matched 121. Not disappointed in not seeing an increase when my coach was extremely happy with form
    Dead - 368.5. Saw in increase, even if it wasn't as much as I was hoping.

Now time for an actual proper training cycle (3 meets in 6 weeks was kinda crazy) and see more improvements
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm itching to lift. Out for a few weeks from an injury

Bench- 105 lbs x2

Deadlift- 205 lbs

Squat 155 lbs