St Patty's Day Challenge - January 2011 Thread

Options

Replies

• klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    155.7 - Down .6 lbs for the week. Lots of cardio planned for the next three days. Here's to a great weekend!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Challenge SW: 188.5
    Challenge GW: 165 (-23.5)

LW: 182.4
    CW: 180.8 (-1.6)
    Total Loss for Challenge: -7.7 lbs
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Holding steady at 169.6 how is that possible to weight the exact same! but here I am! uggg! I need a good long run to clear my head!
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    LW: 218.9
    CW: 217.2
    -1.7 for the last week

-7.8 total loss for this challange
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Kinda had a bad week food-wise, but a great week exercise. I gained 0.3 lb, which I am happy with, cuz I expected more1!! So I'm at 217.7 today, and back on track with my food. Tomorrow I train for my half marathon, so I have to run 6 miles.Supposed to to be warm, so I'm actually looking forward to running outside, instead of at the gym on a "Dreadmill".
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    SW: 152
    CW: 144 (this morning)
    GW by St. Patty's Day: 138
  • velvetechos
    Options
    brenott - that's what I'm really looking forward to now that the weather is starting to get nicer! Busting my butt outdoors! I've had enough plodding about the house - I want to get out in the sun!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    SW: 172
    LW: 167.8
    CW: 169.8
    gained 2 pounds

I take full responsibility for my 2 pound gain. When i got out of the 170's last week i celebrated too much and didn't excercise at all last week. I also ate pizza and pasta. Right now i am at the point where i don't even feel bad about my gain because i know deep down that i deserved it for my behavior this week. I also feel like i will never eat pizza and pasta ever again. it sounds so gross right now. I am ready to move on and i got back on my p90x today.

P.s. i also got a better job this week yay
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great with their losses! Way to go!!!

sarina_87 - I love your attitude about the 2lbs! You know, sometimes we all just need to remind ourselves that yes - diet truly does affect weight gain :) I bet that weight will fall right off as you're back into your healthy routines :)
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great with their losses! Way to go!!!

sarina_87 - I love your attitude about the 2lbs! You know, sometimes we all just need to remind ourselves that yes - diet truly does affect weight gain :) I bet that weight will fall right off as you're back into your healthy routines :)

I think it will too, i'm happy that i got back on my diet and workout schedule. My life doesnt feel so chaotic like it did last week
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    brenott - that's what I'm really looking forward to now that the weather is starting to get nicer! Busting my butt outdoors! I've had enough plodding about the house - I want to get out in the sun!

Spoke too soon, supposed to be in the teens on Tuesday, and it's already getting cold today.

Well, that's all in line with the schizophrenic winter weather we have here in Colorado. I made the most of yesterday and ran my 6 mils (YAH!!!). Back to the gym tomorrow!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    New Challenge Day!!!

Physical challenge - this week I'm calling it a physical challenge instead of an exercise challenge! Why? Because it's not all about just working out, this time it's about pushing yourself to do something you think you can't or haven't been able to do in the past. Think you just can't make it up all the stairs to your apartment? Think you can't do 25 jumping jacks and have to stop at 20? Think you can't walk all.the.way. to the store? Whatever it is that's seemed impossible before - make this your week to prove yourself wrong!

Nutrition challenge - this is it guys! We're going for the gold! This is our week to tackle SODIUM. That evil little beastie hiding everywhere, we're seeking it out and avoiding it as much as possible! If you're not already tracking sodium, it might be a good idea to add it to the list of nutrients you track (at least for this challenge, but it's really a good one to track permanently). Let's see if we can't all be at or under sodium every day!

Who's with me this week?
  • poeticpurl
    Options
    OK! Sounds good!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Im with you! Im going to try to do 100 Jumping Jacks, 5 days out of the week.

I was WAY OVER my sodium today. I went out to dinner and everything was high in sodium. I'll do better the rest of the week!

Mon: Jumping Jacks-0 ~ Sodium-Over
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Have a Great Week Everyone!
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just saw the doing 100 jumping jacks a day. I am going to do 100 tonight before bed and do 100 a day!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Just saw the doing 100 jumping jacks a day. I am going to do 100 tonight before bed and do 100 a day!

Hi, the physical challenge is about pushing yourself to do something you think you can't or haven't been able to do in the past.

So, I decided to do jumping jacks. Its up to you on what you feel you would like to work on. I just wanted to let you know so you dont think the challenge is to do 100 jumping jacks. However, if you decide to do jumping jacks, it would be great to have someone doing the same thing. Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.
  • loveme445
    Options
    My Physical Challenge is to do 100 Jumping Jacks, 5 days out of the week.

Mon: Jumping Jacks(JJ)-0 ~ Sodium-Over
    Tues: JJ-100 (2 sets of 50) ~ Sodium-Over
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • poeticpurl
    Options
    Loveme445 I stole your chart. I liked it.

My Physical Challenge (I would love to do the jumping jacks but my knee is not up to them.) So I am doing a mix of three things. 10 Min on the eliptical, the office chair work out, and 30 min walking everyday. It is not that any of these are hard but there so simple I should be able to do them.

Mon: Combo 5 min eliptical, chair work out, and 30 walk Sodium under
    Tues: Combo 5 min eliptical, chair work out, and 15 min walking Sodium under (will update after my day is complete)
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • loveme445
    Options
    Poeticpurl- No problem. Its just easier for me to see how my week is going

My Physical Challenge is to do 100 Jumping Jacks, 5 days out of the week.

Mon: Jumping Jacks(JJ)-0 ~ Sodium-Over
    Tues: JJ-100 (2 sets of 50) ~ Sodium-Over
    Wed: JJ-0 ~ Sodium-Over
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun