Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 done!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of Level one done! It was so much easier today but im still having problems with my left leg, I realllllyy dont want to take a rest day cuz then I would feel as if I was just starting over. But then again, if i'm hurting I wont get anything out of the workout. We'll see how i feel tomorrow!

thanks for the motivation ladies! Level 2 here we come!

The first time I did Shred last year my right knee was killing me about 6 days in....I was so determined I ignored it and pushed through....two workouts later (workouts in which I did not push 100%) my knee REALLY hurt....so bad I went to the doc and found out I tore a ligament....I say REST if your leg is bothering you. You don't want to make anything worse. I had to stop exercising for close to two weeks for my knee to get better....

Also, what kind of shoes do you wear when you Shred? When I first started I was barefoot....then based on discussion on another website I invested in some really good cross trainers and that helped A LOT.

So....D6, L1 done. I really did not feel like doing Shred when i got home after already going to the gum today, but I'm glad I did....i have all of you wonderful ladies to thank because, if it were just me and I did not have to repo back...I probably would have sat on the couch and watched tv!
  • heatherw7
    Options
    Day 8 down! I got new shoes yesteray and I have been doing this barefoot so i think that was my problem. I may be going to level 2 early, its just getting boring and too easy for me. I sweat a lot still but I dont feel like I worked too hard. I dunno, Its only two more days so I'm sure I can stick it out!
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 1 done....I have to confess I really slacked a bit today, but it wasn't because I wanted to....as I was finishing up the first set of squat and press I felt a terrible pain in the right side of my back from the top of my quad up through my lower back....I can't tell if I pulled something or if it is my sciatic nerve flaring up again....in any event, I could not squat and press so I squatted up against the wall and did the arm movement....ditto with the side lunges...last card circuit I took it real easy cuz the bouncing up and down was hurt too....anyhow, figure I will give it 24 hours to subside hopefully and be able to Shred tomorrow night after my daughter is in bed...sigh....just as I was really feeling like I have mastered this level again!
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    I am rereading some of my posts here and I apologize for the apparent horrible spelling, word choice and grammar issues....I type this on my iPad and the screen is so small I don't notice how awful it is until I have already submitted the reply!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    L1, D7: Done, disgruntled but done.

Am I the only one who still thinks this is tough? I'm scared to move up after day 10, I feel like I'm still struggling. I still do girlie push-ups (but at least I'm doing them now).

Mimi, I hope that you feel better tomorrow!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 1 done....I have to confess I really slacked a bit today, but it wasn't because I wanted to....as I was finishing up the first set of squat and press I felt a terrible pain in the right side of my back from the top of my quad up through my lower back....I can't tell if I pulled something or if it is my sciatic nerve flaring up again....in any event, I could not squat and press so I squatted up against the wall and did the arm movement....ditto with the side lunges...last card circuit I took it real easy cuz the bouncing up and down was hurt too....anyhow, figure I will give it 24 hours to subside hopefully and be able to Shred tomorrow night after my daughter is in bed...sigh....just as I was really feeling like I have mastered this level again!

Feel better!:flowerforyou:
  • ouryear002
    Options
    L1D6 done. I didn't have to take a break this time! hooray! Though I am doing girlie pushups too.
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    L1, D7: Done, disgruntled but done.

Am I the only one who still thinks this is tough? I'm scared to move up after day 10, I feel like I'm still struggling. I still do girlie push-ups (but at least I'm doing them now).

Mimi, I hope that you feel better tomorrow!

Thanks! It hurts so bad....

I went over my calorie goal today too, but it was a completely vegan dinner and moat od the calories came from olive oil!
  • ouryear002
    Options
    L1Day 7 done! Did a chaser of a bollywood thing on exercise tv. It was kind of fun. This bland midwestern girl got to feel exotic!:laugh: Though I'm glad no one was watching!
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    So I am pretty sure that I will have to sit out today and possibly tomorrow too...my back REALLYhurt last night, so bad that I got in bed at 8pm and did not get out of bed until 11am today. Oh well...good news is I can still walk with little pain so I should be able to get some exercise in. :(
  • wannabahotmama
    Options
    L1D5 Done!!!. I was able to do the push ups with out stopping!!!! That's a big deal for me. It's finally getting a little easier.
  • wannabahotmama
    Options
    So I am pretty sure that I will have to sit out today and possibly tomorrow too...my back REALLYhurt last night, so bad that I got in bed at 8pm and did not get out of bed until 11am today. Oh well...good news is I can still walk with little pain so I should be able to get some exercise in. :(

take care of yourself...hope you feel better soon
  • CricketKate
    Options
    L1, D8; finished

I tried to follow with a Kim Kardashian "Fit in Your Jeans by Friday" lower body workout, but my kids interrupted me about 10 minutes in. I don't know anything about Kim Kardashian, but the workout got good reviews on amazon. It feels tough.
  • ouryear002
    Options
    L1D8 done! Hopefully the hotel has on demand and I can do it on my trip. I'm packing my weights, so at least I will get a workout lugging around my suitcase! I'll check in as much as I can!

mimi-I hope you feel better soon! take care of yourself!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I hope you feel better soon!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    L1, D9: Done

When is everyone planning to move up?

Have a GREAT day!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    L1D8 done! Hopefully the hotel has on demand and I can do it on my trip. I'm packing my weights, so at least I will get a workout lugging around my suitcase! I'll check in as much as I can!

mimi-I hope you feel better soon! take care of yourself!

I hope your trip goes well!
  • heatherw7
    Options
    I'm moving up tuesday, I think todat is day 9 for me.. im on my way to visit some family in iowa right now so Im taking it with me to do as a family! haha! Ill be back tuesday and start on Level 2!
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    So....I had to sit out Yesterday and today...boo hoo..it's weird because since I did not work out the past two days I have been super hungry....that is weird right?

Anyhow, the back feels sort of better, but not 100%...I'm hoping I will be good to go tomorrow. I am so proud of everyone else! Keep up the great work!