Pregnancy 2011-February

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! My husband and I are going to start trying in April probably. I had lost 50 pounds but have put some back on since we got married in October, so I'm trying to get at least some of it back off before then.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    this is one of my major reasons to drop the weight, there is nothing healthy about being so big and being pregnant and I want to give my children the best chance at life in and out side of my body.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ah! I fell down on the job! Thanks Sheri for doing it...I completely forgot!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Baby bump picture! and I also put a 3d/4d picture in my profile from last Friday. She was asleep and didn't want to cooperate. Only got half of her face, and most of the pictures she was making mad faces cause we woke her up....so cute! What a little personality she has :laugh:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Mwilson your bump is SO cute!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I have been so sick and had some early problems so I sort of dropped out of all things pregnancy and couldn't handle the thought of any food at all. But so far things are looking good and I am hoping for the best!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Mwilson your bump is SO cute!

It looks more like a basketball, haha! It's gotten so big the past few weeks! She's growing & growing! Realized today that my belly button is starting to stick out...ah!! lol Feels a little strange but I guess it has no where to go except for OUT lol :bigsmile:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    No worries, I figured you have a lot on your plate right now getting the house together and getting ready for your princess. My belly button has been out for a while now but with the hernia I have been in a lot of pain in the stomach area. I have a Nissan Pathfinder and thank god my aunt bought me some running boards, otherwise I would not be able to get in and out right now. It is a 3 step process as it is, and definately a painful process, cant wait for surgery!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    just to carry on from the topic from January's thread. I never had the Linea Nigra for either of my 2 pregnancies, but my areolas did darken a bit. I just thought it didn't show b/c I was fat. *shrug* nice to know it might be b/c I'm fair. :)

here's a link to wikipedia about linea nigra.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linea_nigra
  • AnneElise
    Options
    I am trying to remember items from the last thread without going back... I am tired though and feeling forgetful haha.

Ron- I had a lot of cramping at first!

Mwilson- I still think your bumb is cute.

Amandaj- glad to see you poke in and hear everything is well.

richie- I would have been so sad about that apt to. Maybe you can call back and ask them to call you if there are any other cancelled apt.'s between those times?

finally have a 9 hour work day today! yea! So I will have more time to catch up on posts later.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Mwilson - I love your picture!

AnneElise - I know cramps are really common, but they scare the h*** out of me! :laugh: I'll be very happy when they stop.

My supervisor called me at 5:30am to let me know we have a 2 hour delay because of the ice. I said, "great but remember I'm not coming in at all today?" So now I'm awake for no reason and can't go back to sleep. :sad: Fingers crossed that my doctors' office is actually open today.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    mwilson- Your picture is so cute!

I am finally starting to feel a bit better. We went out to dinner last night with a friend and had Chesse Fries, Chicken Strips, and Cheesy Garlic Bread. The baby was soooooo mad by the time I got home. He was flipping, flopping, and kicking like crazy. I would like to think that he will hate greasy, fried food once he is older too :bigsmile:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    mwilson your picture is so cute. Perfectly round.

My belly button never pops out. Didn't with my last one either. I had a friend who said I must have a deep bb, I just figure its surrounded by lots of fat. LOL

I ate almost a whole small King Cake filled with cream cheese yesterday plus a box of chocolate covered almonds. So ashamed. Today's a new day. Oh a king cake for those that don't live in s. louisiana is a giant cinnamon roll covered in icing and sprinkles. Yum.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    It is very, very cold here. Our water is frozen in the kitchen. Lots and lots of snow. Dear God please send spring along swiftly!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Mwilson - I love your picture!

AnneElise - I know cramps are really common, but they scare the h*** out of me! :laugh: I'll be very happy when they stop.

My supervisor called me at 5:30am to let me know we have a 2 hour delay because of the ice. I said, "great but remember I'm not coming in at all today?" So now I'm awake for no reason and can't go back to sleep. :sad: Fingers crossed that my doctors' office is actually open today.

Ron, definitely call you doctor but I had severe pelvic pain, cramping and spotting. Everything is great so far but it scared me really bad. I went to ER once and demanded a doctor appt and an ultrasound another time. Saying a prayer for you!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Sorry all of you are having such poor weather, here in Southern California the sun is out but.... it is in the 30s right now and winds are in excess of 20mph. I woke up at 3am feeling really nauseus and had a migraine, I had to take tylenol so I grabbed half a chocolate donunt in the kitchen :laugh: I thought about a banana but oh well. I think that morning sickness is back, I have not puked but I have been super nauseus all morning and afternoon for the last 2 weeks. I feel better by dinner time but it is hard to eat. Hopefully that will keep the pounds down.:happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The past 2 Tuesdays, I've had really sore lower ab muscles. The past 2 Wednesdays I've woken up obviously bigger than I was the day before. :laugh: Apparently, I'm "popping" in weekly spurts. So weird. 2 of my coworkers were brave enough to begin beating around the bush about asking the oh-so-risky "are you pregnant?" question this morning, so apparently I'm starting to show to other people with yesterday's pop.

Definitely sorry about all the crappy weather. We've had more than our usual share of ice/snow this year & it poured rain all last night but today the temp is in the 60s and it's sunny, and windy. AWESOME!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Had an apt this morning. Hubs took me out for my Bday yesterday and I ate whatever I wanted (read, onion rings, steak, fried chicken strips, french fries... it was so good! My jeans still fit, but I had to unbutton them sitting there!) so the scale was unfriendly this morning with all the sodium! Not to mention a hour and a 1/2 full bladder! Still only up about 3 lbs from last month though and 9 total. Not bad considering that I have eaten tons of crap (hub's "helping out" is bringing home take out :ohwell:) and not exercised at all since my back surgery. Plus I made myself a cake this morning, because, you can't not have cake... and there's no one else to help eat it but the two of us... so... :ohwell: I'm going to enjoy it though.:laugh:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    So my family doctor is closed AGAIN today because of the weather. :angry: :explode: :grumble: I'm starting to feel a little better so I wasn't too worried until I started reading one of my pregnancy books, which tells me that 5 - 10 weeks is when the baby is most susceptible to viruses that can cause birth defects. So I called my OB. The nurse I spoke to was really nice - I'm sure she's used to speaking to paranoid pregnant women. :laugh: She told me what medications I can take and if I get a fever I need to get a hold of my family doctor or go to the hospital.

Now my husband is following me around the house with the thermometer! :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnneElise
    Options
    So my family doctor is closed AGAIN today because of the weather. :angry: :explode: :grumble: I'm starting to feel a little better so I wasn't too worried until I started reading one of my pregnancy books, which tells me that 5 - 10 weeks is when the baby is most susceptible to viruses that can cause birth defects. So I called my OB. The nurse I spoke to was really nice - I'm sure she's used to speaking to paranoid pregnant women. :laugh: She told me what medications I can take and if I get a fever I need to get a hold of my family doctor or go to the hospital.

Now my husband is following me around the house with the thermometer! :laugh: :laugh:

Ron- When do you see your dr. to talk about your little baby?

Littlespy- exciting that you are showing. Once your bump gets a bit bigger I want to see pictures :D I can def. tell I have a little belly but right now still looking like a fat pouch :D