SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    Got 5 miles in today, my little one was sick today, so i ended up not going to work. Made the best of it while i could!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Today I walked 3 miles. I already set up my ticker to reflect 50 miles/3 miles walked. Can you please tell me if you all check in on a daily basis or weekly or whenever you feel like it?

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!!!

Sabrina
    :flowerforyou:

Hi Sabrina, We all do it different. Just check in whenever you can. Some do it daily, some weekly and some just whenever they get a chance. We're easy :bigsmile:
  • sandara
    Options
    It looks like everyone is off to a good start for February! yay! And more new faces! Welcome to the group!

I didn't do any miles tonight, I'm trying out my new schedule so I did my weights instead. Tomorrow I walk again!

Alice asked a good question, what state does everyone live in? I know where a few of you are but not everyone. I'm in North Georgia just above Atlanta. No snow for us this time, just the rain and wind but I'm not complaining after seeing what some of you have been hit with. Everybody stay warm and I hope you don't lose power.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I'm in Coon Rapids, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis). It's frigid here but the big blizzard missed us this time.
  • crystalangel
    crystalangel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to join also, I love the walk away the pounds DVD's that is what I've been doing for my weight loss. My goal is 40 miles for this month.
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Evening all
    It didn't get above 10 outside here today. We got another day off work. so I did 2 miles with LS 5 miles
    And yes, I did get my 4 miles in last night too.....

Alice very funny....
    I live in Colorado, east East of Denver,,,,, And yes we did get the storm, just not as bad as everyone east of us...

I got a phone call from my son today, He's doing basic training with the army back in GA,,, He broke his ankle yesterday. They are sending him home......::ohwell: I'm not to sure how I feel about that.... It's been kind of nice not having him here to driving me nuts.......

Keep up the good work all,,,
    :flowerforyou:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new comers!!
    Hi Group!!!! :flowerforyou:

I didn't do my walk today! My day Off. I had two cleaning jobs to do today, So My DAY OF REST!!
    I will be out there tomorrow morning, So I'll log in again tomorrow.
    Just want to say Hi!!

It's way past my bed time, So Night Night !!! :yawn:
  • StaciGirten
    StaciGirten Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    4 more miles today....woo hoo!!!! up to 12 for the week and month!!!
  • caminogirl
    caminogirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi - up here in Canada (I'm in Toronto) we got a fairly big dump of snow as it came up from Texas and then from Chicago. It wasn't as big a storm here as in some places and certainly not the amount predicted - but we don't usually get big dumps of snow anymore so it was quite exciting - schools and universities were cancelled for the first time since 1999. Usually the big storms are deflected by the Great Lakes over to the Maritime Provinces. Instead it is just really cold here - in fact today it is -16C / 3F but fortunately not much wind, so not much wind-chill but cold enough though that the dogs sweater froze to the ground this morning when he went outside and all the buttons cracked off when he tried to get up. Brrrrr.

Thank-you pmjsmom for posting the videos - they will be my saving grace when it isn't so nice out. :flowerforyou:

Have a great day everyone and to those digging out, be careful of your backs!
    Cheers, Cathy
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Feb1/ 4 miles and weights Slim Walk Power Walk
    Feb2/4.5 miles and weights. BL Walk Power Walk Strong Walk Alice Walk
    Feb3/ 3.5 miles with weights 3lbs all around, weights

Warmed up to 0 just now. Sister in law came over late last night as her furnace was out. Brrrrrrrrr.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It's been rather nice here in Western Washington (Lacey--near Olympia). Cold--but not as cold as most of you--but sunny. In fact, it is a LOT colder where my youngest DD is in San Antonio, TX. They are in the low 20's with a wind chill putting the temperature around 15 degrees.

I got another 3 or so miles in at work yesterday but am still coming home too worn out to do any videos. I will start them again once I get used to my new routine.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It was too cold to go outside for my normal routine, so I went to the mini-gym in the apartment office and used the treadmill for 47 mins. I forget how far it said I went, something like 2 miles. Updated my ticker, I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be!!

I am in Tucson, AZ with my boyfriend now, but the first 23 years I spent in a village (yes, a village!) just south of Cleveland, OH. I do NOT miss the cold weather and can't wait for Arizona to warm up again!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!

I live in beautiful WARM South Florida :happy: , The weather is 80 degree's & Sunny. I just finished a 7.9 mile walk from my house to the Beach & to The Mall & walked around my City park & back home again. WOW!! That was some workout :drinker:

I started this Detox diet today ( should last a week), Its A sugar & carb Detox. heard about it on Dr.Oz show. Not bad so Far :bigsmile: , But it is only the first day & I'm only now eating lunch, LOL!! Wish me luck!! I'll need it ;-). You can only have a carb in the morning and I was already eyeing my sweet potato at lunch :noway:

HAPPY TRAILS EVERYONE!!

Caminogirl
    OMG! Thats to funny about your Dog. Unbelievable funny, AWE The Poor Dog
  • gracefuldreamer
    Options
    I live in Alberta, Canada and wish I could see some of Teresa's warm weather right now! Here, it is currently 2 degrees C and we think it is downright balmy ~ guess it's what you're used to. I've been part of this great group before, but fell of my walking trail about a year ago.:sad:

So glad I'm back and I look forward to walking with all of you!

Deborah :flowerforyou:
  • caminogirl
    caminogirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Managed only a short walk today with the pooch. I have a question though about adjusting the ticker. I've been going into Ticker Factory and re-doing it each time then adding to my signature, I'm wondering if there is a simpler way?
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm in Mooresville, NC - if you're a NASCAR fan, you likely know where that is, but we're about 30 minutes north of Charlotte, which I commute to for work. It's been cold, but no ice or snow (thank the lord). My boys were very happy that Phil the groundhog didn't see his shadow yesterday and they are convinced spring should be here, like now. I'm not disagreeing as I'm a warm weather girl.

I did the 3 mile Flatten Your Belly walk today. I was going to do another mile or two after work, but it's not going to happen. Do you burn calories by giving the evil parent eye at your kids? If so, I'm on fire! :laugh:
  • sandara
    Options
    Managed only a short walk today with the pooch. I have a question though about adjusting the ticker. I've been going into Ticker Factory and re-doing it each time then adding to my signature, I'm wondering if there is a simpler way?

Camino, you should be able to just edit your ticker each time. When I go back to ticker factory I see a button that says edit/update and asks for my pin number to save the changes. And I don't have to repaste it into my signature each time. It automatically updates when I update at the ticker factory site.

It sounds like we have walkers all over the US and into Canada too. We need a group map! LOL

I don't know where my energy has gone this week. I only did 2 miles tonight. I think it was the walk strong with the 2 lb hand weights. Maybe I can get back in the groove this weekend.

Looks like a few folks haven't posted. I hope they are not snowed in without power!

Everybody stay warm!
  • sandara
    Options
    I tried to fix the Quote/Quote thingie but I give up! :noway:
  • jerzger
    Options
    Hi! I love to walk, so happy to have found you. I'd like to jump in with a goal of 50 miles. We're covered in snow, so most miles will likely be indoors.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope you all had a wonderful day and were able to get your walks in. It was a gorgeous and HOT day here today in South Florida!! I walked 3 miles today. It was a nice walk but, a little warm. I will have to try to get out earlier!!! I also did my first day of 30 Day Shred today. I'm not going to lie....it was tough!! But, I got through it!!! Late afternoon I did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone DVD. So, I had a total of 5 miles logged for today!!!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!! :drinker:
    Sabrina