Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    YEA! Yesterday I went 1 whole day without getting sick! This hasn't happened in over 7 weeks. I am hopeful!

and it is friday! Happy friday ladies!

YEAH!!! Hopefully that trend will continue!

We told our family at 11 weeks. My co-workers found out at 8 weeks, beacause I fell down the stairs at work, cracked a bone in my leg, and had to go to the hospital. I figured they should all know why I was crying so much. It didn't have to do with the pain in my leg, it had to do with my concern for the baby!

After work today we are driving to Washington DC (7 hours) to see my baby nephew who was born 4 weeks early! I am excited to see him, but am dreading the 7 hour drive after sitting at work for 10 hours. UGGGG.

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    YEA! Yesterday I went 1 whole day without getting sick! This hasn't happened in over 7 weeks. I am hopeful!

Yea!!!! I hope you have plenty more days like that!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I use regular detergent in my HE front-loader. I've had it for 3.5 years with no problems (well, except for the time I washed a down comforter in it & the down found a way out & clogged the drain pipe... :embarassed: Dry-clean only schmy-clean only is pretty much my laundry motto and sometimes I pay the price :laugh:).
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

Yay that is awesome!!! Let's hope it stays that way for you.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have one of those front load washers that are supposed to only use "high effiiciency" detergent? We just got one a few weeks ago. Can I really not use regular detergent, or is that just a ploy to have us buy more expensive stuff?

I have had a front loader, HE type washer for 10 years. I have never used HE detergent. You just need much less of regular detergent. You do not want to see suds, that can cause issues w/ HE's. Start w/ a quarter of what you would normally use. I make my own detergent and have for years, it works great and it a $1 to make a 3 gallons of liquid detergent.

We just bought an HE washer 3 weeks ago. I've been using the HE soap, but it smells so strong to me. IT's like it doesn't wash out of the clothes well or something. I may try regular then. I'm just a bad "over soaper" i'll have to watch myself.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Yes hopefully it is the end of being sick for you. I got a call from my doctors nurse yesterday which freaked me out a bit since I did labs on Friday. I had checked the results online and saw that my wbc was high and my rbc was low my glucose was over by 1 so I figured that was ok. I was worried she was going to tell me I have an infection or something but nope it was my glucose. I have to have a high starch diet starting today and get to the lab by 8am Monday. I have maintained my weight for 3 weeks and now I am afraid I will have a gain with all of the extra carbs. Hmm anyone else do the 3 hour test? I am a lil afraid
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Does anyone have one of those front load washers that are supposed to only use "high effiiciency" detergent? We just got one a few weeks ago. Can I really not use regular detergent, or is that just a ploy to have us buy more expensive stuff?

I have had a front loader, HE type washer for 10 years. I have never used HE detergent. You just need much less of regular detergent. You do not want to see suds, that can cause issues w/ HE's. Start w/ a quarter of what you would normally use. I make my own detergent and have for years, it works great and it a $1 to make a 3 gallons of liquid detergent.

We just bought an HE washer 3 weeks ago. I've been using the HE soap, but it smells so strong to me. IT's like it doesn't wash out of the clothes well or something. I may try regular then. I'm just a bad "over soaper" i'll have to watch myself.

I have been using HE stuff too (bought it at the same time as the set) but plan to go back to regular when this stuff runs out. I don't find a problem with the smell- but I have unscented stuff. Maybe you could try that.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Oooo that sounds interesting! What is the recipe for making your own?
    http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/03/15/how-to-make-your-own-laundry-detergent-and-save-big-money/
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

That's quite the move! Family there or just like the cold and accents? So, would you bring the cow or get a new one? I've shipped livestock cross country a few times (3 horses on 3 different occasions). It's expensive! And I don't prefer to trailer them myself when the drive is that long.

I forgot to answer this. Dh's family lives in IA, my MIL passed away last June. We are moving for more land, bigger house and rain. We are bringing our cow, Molly, her calf and the girl's horse. We will trailer them ourselves.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Yes hopefully it is the end of being sick for you. I got a call from my doctors nurse yesterday which freaked me out a bit since I did labs on Friday. I had checked the results online and saw that my wbc was high and my rbc was low my glucose was over by 1 so I figured that was ok. I was worried she was going to tell me I have an infection or something but nope it was my glucose. I have to have a high starch diet starting today and get to the lab by 8am Monday. I have maintained my weight for 3 weeks and now I am afraid I will have a gain with all of the extra carbs. Hmm anyone else do the 3 hour test? I am a lil afraid

Why high starch? Have you not been eating enough carbs? I've had the 3 hour test at 24 weeks. It was just like the 1 hour except more blood draws for me. They give you a higher concentrated glucose so yes this one does taste worse than the 1 hour.

You may feel an initial change in the way you feel, kind of funny in hour 2 or so. I recommend you sit and hang around during the whole 3 hours, bring a book or lap top. And don't forget to fast 12 hours before the test starts.

Bring a snack of some sort to eat after the test is over. You'll feel fine at first, but then your sugar will drop and it will almost be like your drunk. Really a weird feeling. I waited too long after my 3 hour to eat, just 30 mins, and was shaking, sweating, and crying.LOL

My test came back fine, even though I felt funny most of the test.
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    It's been awhile since I've posted on this forum but, I still recognize quite a few people :smile:

Last time I posted we were still TTC, going on 7 months.....

AND NOW WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I am 7 weeks and due in September.

I am struggling to find the support I still need on here so I thought that coming back to this forum might really help considering we're all in the same boat, pregnant or not.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile since I've posted on this forum but, I still recognize quite a few people :smile:

I am struggling to find the support I still need on here so I thought that coming back to this forum might really help considering we're all in the same boat, pregnant or not.

YAY!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I think I congratulated you on your profile, but you can never have enough congrats on being preggo!!! These ladies here are GREAT!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Why high starch? Have you not been eating enough carbs? I've had the 3 hour test at 24 weeks. It was just like the 1 hour except more blood draws for me. They give you a higher concentrated glucose so yes this one does taste worse than the 1 hour.

You may feel an initial change in the way you feel, kind of funny in hour 2 or so. I recommend you sit and hang around during the whole 3 hours, bring a book or lap top. And don't forget to fast 12 hours before the test starts.

Bring a snack of some sort to eat after the test is over. You'll feel fine at first, but then your sugar will drop and it will almost be like your drunk. Really a weird feeling. I waited too long after my 3 hour to eat, just 30 mins, and was shaking, sweating, and crying.LOL

My test came back fine, even though I felt funny most of the test.

I had a high one hour glucose, and should have gone for the 3 hour, but decided not to as I know the diet and chances are I would be diabetic anyway. I have been on the diet 3 weeks now and lost 2 lbs...Sugars are mostly good, and I feel pretty good too!

I understand that by eating more carbs before the test, it makes the test more "accurate" Enjoy the carbs while you can. The one hour test is just a screening to catch women who may be diabetic, the three hour test is to see exactly how you are processing the sugar. Take a really good book, and a snack for afterwards is a good idea too. Something with protein and no simple carbs would be best...Like a PBand J on Whole Wheat. Chances are since you were only one point over on your sugar the test will come back negative for you. Enjoy your carb loading, and take advantage of it, you aren't often told to endulge...
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

We have an HE as well. I do use HE soap but still use much less than the label say to.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

Congrats! Welcome.
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Congrats!!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Does anyone work for themselves/from home? I am interested in knowing what you do. I am planning for when my mat leave runs out.... I would love to stay home but know I will need to make some extra money somehow. any ideas?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Does anyone work for themselves/from home? I am interested in knowing what you do. I am planning for when my mat leave runs out.... I would love to stay home but know I will need to make some extra money somehow. any ideas?

I work from home in entertainment marketing, but it's for the same company I worked for before. It just doesn't require a physical office, just internet and a phone so my boss let me work here. My house is typically a disaster though because just think - being a SAHM is a full time job, then on top of that I have an actual 40+ hour a week job that has to be done between 8 and 7... so... yeah, it's a lot. I've done it since mine was 2 weeks old though and it's worked pretty well, he entertains himself with PBS and trains most of the day. It will be interesting to see what I do with 2 home with me unless we can scrape some $ for early preschool for my first.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i'm a SAHM too. we have an apt in our basement that we rent out, so that's always helped. I've also baby sat for friends here and there. I officially opened my home daycare this Sept. I'm an Early Childhood Education Graduate (I can't call myself an ECE because I haven't registered with the college of ECE, but I have the same qualifications, just no $ to pay for membership)

anyways, because of my education, I charge $40-$45 / day / child. I am not a licensed day care so I can care for 5 children plus my own. I'm not prepared for THAT many kids, but I think 1 or 2 would be great! I could still go places with the dc kids and if my own children needed me, I could still go get them @ school. (l :heart: my van)

I had a lot of part time kids this fall, b/c I agreed to care for some children of my friends, and ended up with 4 kids before school, plus my 2 kids to get ready and catch the bus. plus 1 infant. after the school kids caught the bus I had another infant arrive. it was nice just having the 2 babies. it was the before school that was CHOAS! lol!

it was fun tho, (good thing i love working with kids) and i was sad when they all got into subsidized day care. :( (all except my infant that arrived after the school kids were gone, her mom lied and didn't tell me she was on a waiting list and only needed temp care.) :grumble: I only had her dd for 5 weeks. she was a doll. i miss her.

anyways. that's what I do. except now, we haven't had a tenant since Nov. 1, all my dck left in December and my house is messy and I'm too embarrassed to interview for potential day care clients. gotta get off my butt, tidy my clutter and sell myself! :D