Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• emmarie1630
    emmarie1630 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This thread takes off so fast! I'm trying to keep up but this is just a quick post!

So far, this month is off to a good start! I've been to the gym every day this week except Monday. I took it kind of easy on my workout today because I was feeling off today. I think it had something to do with the weather. :ohwell: My ears and head were hurting and I just felt blah. But I'm glad I've been keeping up with the workouts. I've only done 1 day of strength training so far this week but I know I can pick that up. I've been going to the gym at random times this week too- trying to find a good time to fit it into my class schedule etc. I usually go to the gym with my fiance at like 10 or 11 at night but it's just so late.. so I've been experimenting with times.

This weekend my fiance's parents are coming down to visit us. I know we're going to be eating out left and right--which I'm half excited about (free food) and half nervous about (free bad food.) haha I'm gonna do my best to keep it reasonable, and probably splurge for one meal. We also have lots of wedding business to accomplish while they're here. Hopefully I can still fit in some work outs.
    I hope all of you have a wonderful/relaxing/productive/exciting weekend! (I think that covers everything) :happy: Catch up with you soon!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Just got home from work (at 3:40am) and wanted to quickly respond.

Oats can be bought in 3 standard forms - quick rolled, old fashioned (rolled), and steel cut. It is entirely the same grain - the only difference is in how it is processed and how they can/should be used.

Steel cut oats are the least processed variation - they require the longest cooking time, but some feel they have the greatest nutritional benefit because they have not been rolled or pre-steamed. They typically taste a lot chewier when cooked and are usually cooked on the stove for about 30 mins or the slow cooker/crock pot. 1/4 cup of steel cut oats is a standard serving, which is cooked in approx 1 cup of liquid and yields about 1 cup of cooked oats.

Rolled or old fashioned oats are whole oat grains rolled flat and pre-steamed and can be cooked on the stove top or in the microwave. They take about 10 mins on direct heat or 2-3 mins in the microwave. They are most commonly used in baking or for cereals and granolas. These are the "standard" oat called for in recipes. 1/3 cup is a standard serving size, which is cooked in approximately 2/3-3/4 cup of liquid and yields about 1 cup of cooked oats.

Quick oats are rolled oats that have been cut to increase cooking time. They are about 1/3 the size of old fashioned oats, and so require only about 1 - 1 1/2 mins cooking time in the microwave. These are mostly used for oatmeal but also in some baking and other recipes. They are the MOST processed of the three varieties, take the least cooking time, but are also considered the least "whole" and thus the least "nutritional", although that's a pretty contentious claim since it's all the same grain in the end. Typically a serving size would be about 1/3-1/2 cup dry. When cooked they are also the mushiest and breakdown the most easily - hence, quick cooking.

Hope that helps! :bigsmile:

For those of you who are new to the thread... My name's Meag and I'm an MFP-aholic. And while I open this thread and post here like it's my day job, feel free to skim my thesis length posts and ignore my unsolicited advice whenever it suits you. I just like to hear my own e-voice :laugh: I am a food and running freak by day, nightclub bouncer by night, and have an unhealthy addiction to MFP (clearly). I offer up any tips/suggestions I can think of because I've been at this weight-loss and fitness jazz for a long time and I really wish I had a group like this when I was starting out. Feel free to friend me, message me whenever, or just ignore me entirely :wink: I treat this group like my second home and I really can't imagine having accomplished everything I have in the last 5 months without it. I just hope that others are able to benefit from it in the same ways that I have. In that sense, I am really passionate about keeping this thing moving and I feel extremely rewarded that it continues to grow and has touched so many people in the last few months.

I am really so grateful for all you :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday morning! I'll be back to check in soon :heart:

Oh and CAIT! Girlll You know I'd never forget about you :tongue: But yea, I didn't comment because of our blabbering over profiles hahaha! Great job and so happy to have you back! WD is going to kick major *kitten* :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I dont kno if it is too late but i wanted to join this group i am excited to see a group for younger people. i am 23 and i am 162lbs i want to lose 7lb or more. i have been trying really hard i lost 8lbs in jan. i would have lost more but i cheated alil and got a lil lazy because i thought that as long as i ate healthier i didnt have to work out. WRONG lol so i am back on track. i am working out now, and i makes me feel good. i try not to cheat and if i do i make sure it is no alot or i workout alil extra. My goals for feb are to workout more then 2 days and not be so lazy. i want to start cooking more healthy meals other then just chicken everyday (i am not good at cooking so i am learning slowly). lastly i want to start drinking more water.

mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    lil_vic22: Lose 9 lbs
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), race 15km on Feb 19th in UNDER 1:43:00, curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    marymoni- Get to 135lbs and improve endurance to 10km.
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
    kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
    lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
    Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!
    KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
    shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
    tjradd73-lose 6lbs, at least 80ozs of water/day, 3X arms/week, 3X abs/week, burn at least 1000 calories per week!
    odettelh - walk for 30 minutes without feeling tired, watch my food intake, get into a solid workout routine and make sure my diet is healthy
    amgant- My goals for February are to Exercise everyday, even if it is only 30 min on an treadmill and get under 180.
    finncmh- See a loss on the scale. 4 days a week lifting. Cardio: by the end of the month be running between 1.5 and 2.0 miles straight. Continue to refine my eating. Really focus on finding a nice daily yoga routine for myself.
    spellbinder25 - (1) Workout regularly, as much as I can, (2) Eat healthy. (Mental note: I AM NOT GOING BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!!), (3) Come up with a strength training plan for March onwards.
    BFab24-lose 5lbs to get down to 185, non-scale goals: workout 4-5 days per week (at least 2 in the gym), eat healthy snacks at work, and to move into a new place :)
    Happybunnysbabe57- My Goals on scale- lose 7lbs (or more) My Goals off scale- Workout 4 to 5 days a week, cook more healthy food options, and drink more water.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Man you'd think I'd be used to the speed of this thread by now! lol, never slows, so i've ben skimming and just have time for a quick post.. soo I think I may have injured my tailbone from the damn snowboarding experience. I was all excited about doing my TurboFire Core workout today, and ended up having to cut it mid-way due to the fact that i couldn't balance myself on my butt without being in total pain back there! ugh I was rather ticked.. Should've borrowed my friend's impact shorts lol. Oh well, guess it just needs time to heal. I switched over to one of the high interval training workouts, and I felt great because I found it was easier to jump compared to when I started the program at like 170! At work they were having free wellness screenings, so I was anxious to get one to see if my cholesterol had gone down. I've always been borderline high, and today was very pleased to see that I was at 180, and had a great non-fasting glucose as well. Gotta love every bit of encouragement!
    Things otherwise are about to get stressful. I found out that we're losing another tech to the dayshift due to some issues we've been having with her, and now we'll be short for a while. I'm taking the GRE on the 14th so I can hopefully get back into school in the fall, and I'm a bit non-prepared and am stressing over relearning 8th grade math lol. Most of all I wish all this dang snow would just stop. We got so much this year and you can see it affecting people, myself included. The other day I came home to a driveway totally covered in ice that I stood holding onto my car for about 20 seconds freaking out about trying to make it to the next car without falling (a distance of about 2 feet!)

As for the QOTD, my "breakfast" is really my lunchtime since I work overnights, and beginnin logging my day at midnight. Lately I've been having instant oatmeal with a banana, plus a special k bar, or yogurt, or a low-cal pudding lol. Today I packed a lean cuisine and some wheathins and hummus. I needed more of a dinner type meal today.
    And for music, I like upbeat, poppy things, as well as some rock. I've found that Coheed & Cambria have some awesome songs to run to.

sorry for the selfish post, but as always, glad to see everyone is excited for the new month! good luck on the first week WI's!!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ~Wow MEAG- Thanks for the info~~!~! lol. I think I have a phd on oats now. wheres the test? Come on I can take it! jk, I asked cuz I wanted to know,. .. the more I know, the easier this life transition will be!~! I hope I learn half as much as you know!

~Emmarie~ way to go getting to the gym this week!~! I hope you have a good time with the "soon to be' in Laws!~!

~Radd~ no props from me, I think your getting a big head... HEHE>.. Just Kidding!~!~!... woot woot GO RADD!~!~!

AFM~ Planning on taking a nice long hike saturday or sunday with my hubby. NOt sure where yet, but its soposed to be warmer this weekend and everything is still covered in lots of snow so its gorgeous everywhere!~! We are going to backpack so I will try to bring my camera along. When we stop for lunch ill snap a few shots and share. He is doing it to practice for a school hes trying to get into, so I hope he doesnt kill me!~! Im going to bring my dog along just incase I need to take a break, Ill have company.

Welcome to all the new people. THis is my second month following this thread and I LOVE IT. Keep logging in, its a great support system.
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to be able to get back to the gym today! I was going stir crazy yesterday. I also got the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and some hand weights. Hopefully after my run/elliptical at the gym this morning I can do a little JM and see how it goes. I'm wondering if I can ask a QOTD? I just bought some whey protein and was wondering what everyones favorite post work out drink is... I'm hoping to find something I can make and drink after my workout!

Jnlynch-You've made me a little less nervous about starting the 30day shred so thank you!
    Jbars- good job doing the water aerobics. I did those at my old gym and they were fun!
    Nadine-Good job with the running and good for you for picking salmon and salad over Wendy's!
    Kandace- Enjoy your hike this weekend! I agree it will be beautiful with everything snow covered, but too cold for me!
    Brittnee-Nice to see you on here! I have been packing all my meals ahead of time for work including a snack. It keeps me away from the temptations.
    Jessica- Sounds like we are about the same size with the same goals...welcome!
    Shelsab- Good job keeping away from the temptations at Starbucks! I have trouble keeping up with the water, too.
    Kbellnurse-3 chocolate hearts sounds reasonable. Goodluck with the eyebrow pain today.
    Emmariel1630-Awesome job making it to the gym so much this week. Good luck picking out healthy food at the restaurant. My husband always wants to eat out. It drives me crazy so many hidden calories!
    Happybunnybabe57-Hello and good job last month! That's a good loss.
    Allie-Congrats on making good choices that lowered your cholesterol!
    Meag-enjoy your few hours sleep and I look forward to hearing your favorite protein drink!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Allie- I have a masters in Math so if you ever need some help with studying for the math part of the GRE feel free to send me a message and I will help out! Its always scarier before you sit down and take it. I'm sure you'll do great!

Cait- I can currently run 1.25 miles without stopping (YIPPEE!) and my goal for this weekend is to make it to 1.5 miles. Where are you at?

Quick Post here-

Did an interval running workout this morning and boy oh boy was it tough. In bootcamp yesterday we did a lot of squats and lunges and it took a little bit in the workout to get rid of the lactic acid before it felt good. But it did end up feeling good to run and most importantly I did it!! As for the new pup, the house check was last night and its offical- we are approved!!!!! I am so excited to have a new addition to our family- we pick her up on sunday and more importantly we are helping out since now another dog has the opportunity to be rescued by this group. So my friday is looking pretty great! I will check back later since its only day 4 of Feb and we are already at 6 pages to the thread! Look at us go!

Megan
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Back at it! 4 hours sleep and I'm ready to get allll over YogaFit. Bring it on!

Correction to my oats post - I think technically 1/2 cup is a full serving of rolled oats. And 1/3 cup dry is a serving of quick cooking oats, since they are smaller cut and so take up slightly less room. A serving of any of the varieties should be 150 calories and use around 1 cup of water for cooking. My bad.

Kan-Yea... I'm passionate about my oats. What can I say! Love em! :bigsmile:

Happybunny- Never too late to join! Welcome :flowerforyou:

Megan - yay!!! new puppy time!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: So happy for you! I be tyou can't wait! I definitely want to see pictures :happy:

Rachel - If you are into the protein shakes, check out greenmonstermovement.com - A bunch of ladies (myself totally included) are mildly addicted to Green Monsters and if you skim back through last months posts you'll see about 1800 mentions of them! I have one every single day - Love love love. They actually make my day! My stand by recipe is:

1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop choc whey protein
    1 tbsp natural PB
    1 large handful baby spinach
    140g (about 6) frozen strawberries

But I throw in whatever I have... egg whites, pineapple, blueberries, avocado, yogurt, whatever's in the fridge and helps me meet my daily food goals basically. Good luck experimenting! It's so much fun :bigsmile:

AFM - Off to the gym in a few mins to get my YogaFit on. Then hopefully a relaxing afternoon and homemade chicken chipotle quesedillas for dinner! Have a great Friday ladies. :heart:
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Meag Im thinking about jumping on your GreenMonster movement. I alwasy get REALLY tired about an hour after I work out, maybe I need to replenish my body and that wont happen. I am a little hesitant to spend the money to buy the stuff though, ive never had a protein shake and I dont know what they taste like.

I just talked to the hubby about our walk tomorrow. He is bringing a few guys from him plt and they are doing it with 30lb rucks... I will not be!~!, just my dog to pull me along. BUT he told me that we will be walking 12k. I am a little hesitant about this, but I am still gonna do it. Were not running or anything so I should be ok. Any suggestions on a good breakfast so I have enough energy to make it? remeber, I am new to this working out stuff!
  • jbars11
    Options
    :happy: Hello hello!!!:happy:

emmanie1630- good luck with the wedding plans and kudos to all of your work outs this week! It's inspriring I will admit to only hitting the gym Sun-Wed...not my best...but hey there is still time to turn that around =)

meagalayne- 3:40 am holy crap chica...and you've already posted again before I could collect my thoughts for this one. Incredible!! I loved the Oats 101 thanks much for that!! Ummm also blueberry muffin mini wheats = love:heart: Can't say again how grateful I am for this group/thread/challenge it's awesome!!!! Your words are too kind...I have to admit pretty much everyone on here seems to rock!!!!

kbellnurse- my hubby loves Katy Perry for work outs! ha ha he says that ooober pop music is his weakness! While sharing an ipod while mine was in the shop I realized he likes old school/hard rap for lifting...interesting mix! I personally love Britney's greatest hits.....

Shelsab- you work at starbucks!!! Oh my I would self destruct if I worked there! Great job on the soy chai (love) and no bad food!!

wardiemelissa- I'm sure you've already shared probably numerous time...but mind sharing the protein brownies recipe...pretty pretty please???

finncmh- thanks for the advice on the trainer...def sounds like something I'll be checking into before getting started. A good investment, and that migh thelp with my gym 'shyness' more confidence if I know what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and how I should be doing it. You rock!!

Ok I have to share that I'm quite intimidated for this weekend. I'm going out of town this afternoon through tomorrow night for a conference with some girlfriends I work with....I've packed healthy snacks but I know there will be mention of cocktails and I don't even know where to begin with dinner...advice??? help??? I'm excited to go but terrified of being off 'home turf'....I like having control, and I've seen results with control....I have JM waiting for me on Saturday night and the pool will be calling my name on Superbowl Sunday (what a lovely thing to come home to, so much for home turf..ha) So just looking for encouragment, tips, words of advice anything really....:flowerforyou:
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Allie- I have a masters in Math so if you ever need some help with studying for the math part of the GRE feel free to send me a message and I will help out! Its always scarier before you sit down and take it. I'm sure you'll do great!

Cait- I can currently run 1.25 miles without stopping (YIPPEE!) and my goal for this weekend is to make it to 1.5 miles. Where are you at?

Quick Post here-

Did an interval running workout this morning and boy oh boy was it tough. In bootcamp yesterday we did a lot of squats and lunges and it took a little bit in the workout to get rid of the lactic acid before it felt good. But it did end up feeling good to run and most importantly I did it!! As for the new pup, the house check was last night and its offical- we are approved!!!!! I am so excited to have a new addition to our family- we pick her up on sunday and more importantly we are helping out since now another dog has the opportunity to be rescued by this group. So my friday is looking pretty great! I will check back later since its only day 4 of Feb and we are already at 6 pages to the thread! Look at us go!

Megan

Woop Awesome job on the run!! Those are the most gratifying days when you start off thinkIng you can't and then realize you can, and did! Keep fighting the good fight :)
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options

Quick Post here-

Megan

Megan,

I am a bit behind you, Prlly at 1.2 miles straight- you go girl. You will be inspiring me to keep working it. Im trying to find the balance between pushing myself to get running in but not burn myself out since I have such an intense lifting routine right now. All about the balance. Goal is to reach between 1.5 and 2 miles straight by the end of this month depending on what my running schedule ends up looking like. YAY RUNNING!!!!
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Kancrav - I love the taste of oats, but despite how filling most people find them, I always find I'm hungry just an hour later. My latest favorite filling breakfast is an omelette made with one whole egg plus 2-3 egg whites. I fill it spinach, mixed herbs like cilantro and Rosemary, green onion and goat cheese feta with sea salt to taste. I'll have this with a piece of fruit before going snowboarding and feel full till lunch time (usually I have a snack between meals but not when I'm boarding) otherwise I would say pack something easy like trail mix in a ziplock bag for a mid walk snack.
  • SeeCrystal
    Options
    Hey Everyone I'm Crystal I would like to loose 15 pds by the end of the month. I attend 3 workout class a week for a hour. I am going to increase my workouts! In eat at HOME and take my LUNCH when i work no Cheating!!
    quote]
    nmpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
    megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
    jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
    seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
    roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
    emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
    lil_vic22: Lose 9 lbs
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
    mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
    jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), race 15km on Feb 19th in UNDER 1:43:00, curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
    ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
    Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
    Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
    LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
    lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
    kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
    Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
    marymoni- Get to 135lbs and improve endurance to 10km.
    Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
    nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
    noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
    wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
    crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
    Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
    Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
    KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!

Hey All.... not much time this morning to chitchat... hopfully I will be back later on I dont want to lead off on a bad foot this month, but I really pushed myself too hard on saturday and I STILL cant walk. My thighs hurt more when I am not moving. I woke up about six times last night because of the pain. No Good. I need to try again until I get this right, slow and steady!

Happy GroundHOG DAY everyone!~!~!
    [/quote]
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Happybunny - haha funny to hear you mention the chicken!! Im in the same boat trying to get away from eating chicken for dinner Almost EVERY nIght. If I make it it's always the same thing and my roomates took to calling it my chicken surprise. A lot of the tine I wouldn't even cook, I'd get a teriyaki chicken bento from a sushi place or a roasted chicken subway sandwhich. So bored of it though; I bought myself a clean eating magazine that had a two week eating plan and have just started following it. So many good, easy recipes using ingredients I never would have been inspired to buy on my own. It's also nice it tells you the total daily calories so I've been saving time not having to log everything individually (except for when I cheat - like last nights popcorn and cookie eek!)

Anyways good luck with your cooking adventures!
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    AFM - I cheated last night when I went to hang out with some friends. I was good and ate my prepared dinner before going, and was able to turn down the BBQ chicken and pasta dinner they had, but after they busted out the cookies and popcorn :( I had a cookie and a small bowl if popcorn, bout 2 cups but it was very buttery! My saving grace is I have a 20k run today so as long as I stick to Todays food plan I'll only be about 100cals behind. Also very glad my roomates won't be around this weekend so I wont have to worry about being tempted to go out drinking with them.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Nadine
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    **Selfish post since I can't be online too long**

I went to the ozzy concert and was very proud of my choices for the night. We had pizza at home, before we went. I ordered a whole wheat pizza with veggies and pepperoni I only had 2 pieces and some salad with 1 light beer. We went to the concert and I had 3 beers and 1 shot, which for me is pretty good considering I can get out of hand at events like that. I jumped around and danced most of the show. Then when I got home I split a grilled cheese with my bf, the good thing is I tracked all that went in my mouth! Score for me. I still have some extra points for the weekend since its superbowl and I have a lot of workout plans. I am really excited I feel like I can do this weight loss thing for real. Tonight I am taking it easy since I have massive cramps (sorry TMI) and I am tired from last night. Hope everyone has an amazing friday. Someone else can feel free to do a QOTD today, I am way to wiped out to think right now.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    **Selfish post since I can't be online too long**

I went to the ozzy concert and was very proud of my choices for the night. We had pizza at home, before we went. I ordered a whole wheat pizza with veggies and pepperoni I only had 2 pieces and some salad with 1 light beer. We went to the concert and I had 3 beers and 1 shot, which for me is pretty good considering I can get out of hand at events like that. I jumped around and danced most of the show. Then when I got home I split a grilled cheese with my bf, the good thing is I tracked all that went in my mouth! Score for me. I still have some extra points for the weekend since its superbowl and I have a lot of workout plans. I am really excited I feel like I can do this weight loss thing for real. Tonight I am taking it easy since I have massive cramps (sorry TMI) and I am tired from last night. Hope everyone has an amazing friday. Someone else can feel free to do a QOTD today, I am way to wiped out to think right now.
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Help! Back to the other day's QOTD - workout music - I have a really long run to do today and I would love to make it more appealing by louding up my ipod with fresh music. Any specific songs you're loving at the moment? Anything goes - I like warming up to slower songs and then picking up the tempo once I am good and warm and then having really really pumped up songs for the end when I'm starting to suffer. I honestly like pretty much every genre (country, soul, alternative, rock, punk (except not the screaming kind) hiphop, rap, rnb, house, electronic, dubstep....) so please share all your fave tracks with me!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OK posting it here, although most of you already have it!

Protein Brownies (Half batch) - Makes 6 (or 12 small)

1 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, low fat
    1/2 cup simply egg whites or 4 egg whites
    2 scoops whey isolate protein, chocolate
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    2 Tbsp cocoa powder
    1 banana or 1 cup applesauce (thx Melissa for the suggestion - going to try the applesauce next)
    optional - 1/4 cup of splenda substitute (for a sweeter brownie, obv)

Preheat oven to 375F. Toss everything into a food processor and process until a batter forms, scraping down the sides periodically. Spray and line a 9x5 loaf pan and fill with batter (should be about 1 full inch or more of batter). Cover with al-foil and bake for 10 mins, then uncover and bake an additional 7-10 mins until just set. Do not over-cook! The egg whites get totally sponge-y and gross. Consider yourself warned.

Breakdown for 1/6 of the recipe, with my ingredients (real egg whites, 1 banana, no sweetener and Allmax Choc Whey Isolate)
    Cals 138
    Carbs 17
    Fat 2
    Protein 16
    Fiber 3
    Sodium 127

These are really not something I'd recommend as a treat or dessert. They are really best made and used as an on-the-go post work-out snack.

Kan - If you don't work-out a ton, or you don't want to spend the $$, don't splurge on protein powder. I lost ALL my weight without it and only started using it once I started burning around 400-600 calories a day - I was finding it just way too hard to get my calories and protein in without a shake. But yea - It's really not a necessary component of any healthy lifestyle. Very possible to get by without it. I just splurge because I love chocolate and I need the extra cals and energy. You can totally make amazing delicious GMs without protein powder too! Try adding cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or pasteurized egg whites to your shake for extra protein in you want. Lots of the recipes on greenmonstermovement.com have no protein powder at all... Just fruit, ice, milk/juice and some kind of seed/nut. Switch it up and experiment. Doesn't have to be fancy!

Yoga was good today but now I'm feeling pretty burnt out. Needing a hot shower and some quality "me" time in the kitchen. Have a great afternoon!
    Meag :heart: