Death to the Scale Challenge

Options

Replies

• csmoronu
    Options
    4 Days going strong!!!! Not weighing in every hour has motivated me to work harder so I get amazing results in March!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the ladies, great idea combining the threads, there is power in numbers....lol

Keep up the great work ladies, we are strong beautiful women and we will not defined by a number on the scale!

Karen
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    We are definitely off to a awesome start. Let this motivate you ladies! The scale is just a tool that we use. It shouldn't control how we view ourselves. It shouldn't dictate how good of a day we will have.

Lets continue to take back our control!!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I stepped of the scale on Friday and was down 2 pounds. I've lost 10 so far. So now I'm not getting on the scale until March 3rd. I have to lose 3-5 pounds this month and I don't want to get discouraged.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Alright we will support you in your effort Viggie!

The week-end is almost done! Congrats ladies on making it through.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Its a new week!! Check in and let us know how you are doing. If you made it one day or 7 seven days count it all as an accomplishment!!

I did well this week. Out of sight....waaaaaaaaaaay out of sight is definitely out of mind. I know my scale is feeling neglected in the trunk of my car, but it'll be ok. March 1st isn't too far off.
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    I made it through my Monday morning routine without even thinking of the scale. :)

Our scale sits it the powder room on the main floor on it's side leaned up against the wall and the cupboard, I didn't even look towards it this morning when I used that washroom.

I am finding that this is really helping my determination to stay focused on my lifestyle change.

Good job everyone, we are doing this! ^5

Karen
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you guys! I don't think I could do this! I wish I could though because it would make for a much happier month! I might start a goal of just weighing myself once a week instead of everyday and then maybe I can try to go a month without.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Everybody can do it. All it takes is making it one day longer than you normally do. If thats 24 hours then thats a new goal. Then just try for 1 more day.

No judgement here!

Its a new day ladies. I hope you all were able to make it through the night. If not, no worries. Just try again.

I'm doing well. Didn't even think about it this morning to the point that this thread almost slipped my mind *wow moment*.
  • csc101769
    Options
    I cheated.....I weighed myself to get my accurate weight to change my goals. I only want to lose down to 125 instead of the original 120. After looking at old pictures, the 125ish weight looks much better on me......120 and under is getting a little too bony for my body type. But I'm getting back on the wagon now....no more scale til March 1st!! :)
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't see any guys here!!! Let me be the first male to say, "Count me in!"
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I cheated.....I weighed myself to get my accurate weight to change my goals. I only want to lose down to 125 instead of the original 120. After looking at old pictures, the 125ish weight looks much better on me......120 and under is getting a little too bony for my body type. But I'm getting back on the wagon now....no more scale til March 1st!! :)

Ok goal changer. That was good to reflect back on pictures. I sometimes do the same. I'm 5'11". Sometimes I set my goal to 190 and then sometimes I say nahhhh 180. I can't make up my mind. :laugh:
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Welcome aweight2go!

I looked at the scale at the gym today and had a little laugh to myself as I walked by.

I am noticing that this is making me push myself even harder during my workouts.

I am feeling a little leaner in the mid section and I'm glad I'm not weighing myself because maybe it is just inches I am losing and not pounds which is great and if I the scale didn't budge then I might become deflated with my goals.

I also like to challenge myself!

Karen
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I don't see any guys here!!! Let me be the first male to say, "Count me in!"

Alright!!! Finally some testosterone!! Welcome aboard! Remember this is a no judgement zone. We are just trying to stop being the little wh0res we are known to be..ummmm scale wh0res that is lol

Take 1 day at a time. We will rid ourselves of the scales jedi mind tricks!! :laugh:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Welcome aweight2go!

I looked at the scale at the gym today and had a little laugh to myself as I walked by.

I am noticing that this is making me push myself even harder during my workouts.

I am feeling a little leaner in the mid section and I'm glad I'm not weighing myself because maybe it is just inches I am losing and not pounds which is great and if I the scale didn't budge then I might become deflated with my goals.

I also like to challenge myself!

Karen

Awesome Karen!! Redirecting that focus towards your workout is a excellent choice!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I am going to try to do this starting this weekend bc I haven't weighed myself in close to a month.
    Sounds like a great challenge
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I failed:cry: The stupid scale found it's way back to my house. So I weighed and I was down 1 pound:blushing: I'm going to have my husband put the thing up on a shelve that I can't reach. So although I think this is great it's not for me right now. Hope everybody reaches their goals.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I failed:cry: The stupid scale found it's way back to my house. So I weighed and I was down 1 pound:blushing: I'm going to have my husband put the thing up on a shelve that I can't reach. So although I think this is great it's not for me right now. Hope everybody reaches their goals.

You did not fail!! I need you to remove that word from your vocab forever! LOL You have accomplished a great task. Up to yesterday you were doing well. Like you said just put it up and start again.

I'm glad you are down a pound!! :bigsmile:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I am going to try to do this starting this weekend bc I haven't weighed myself in close to a month.
    Sounds like a great challenge

Welcome! We are glad to have you!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    So I went to the doctor's yesterday. I got weighed but I didn't look. I thought it was going to be hard but it wasn't. I have to get weighed again today at my Nutritionist appt. I'm going to try my best not to look and I have to let her know not to accidentally mention it :bigsmile:

I'm feeling good though. I feel like I've lost a pound. Coooooooooome on March 1st!!