SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,266 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like everyone is doing well! I feel good too. Worked late and am not sure I'll walk tonight but plan to put some miles on Friday and Saturday. I'm thinking about starting Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I noticed lots of people on MFP are doing it. Short but intense workout for those days with limited time. Any thoughts on her workout?

Welcome new members and I'm jealous of Sabrina in Florida! Sounds wonderful! Happy Belated Birthday Sandy!

Jenny:flowerforyou:
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Well, ended up with yesterday as a rest day, but made up for it today with a double workout. Did 3 Fast Miles today during "lunch" and then a full-body strength workout after dinner. I'll be sore tomorrow, but will work it out with 4 miles at work.

Thank you AZ for the good news about the weather there. I spent 8 years in AZ between Tucson and Phoenix. My folks now live there, hence the visit, but I don't miss May-October with the century-plus heat! Of course, North Carolina isn't exactly cool in August either and I can tell you there is a difference between a wet and dry heat :laugh:

Will update my ticker this weekend. :blushing: I can't remember when the last time I added mileage to it so have to figure out what I've done for the month so far. I hate when my memory isn't helpful.

Happy Birthday Sandy! and nighty night everyone!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~Power Walk/Strong Walk/Alice Walk/Weights 72 minutes 4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4 miles/ 4 with Leslie and a weight workout.
    Wednesday~4 miles coffee with Leslie and the weights
    Thursday~ 84 minutes lost track of time 5 miles and weights.
    Friday~54 minutes 3.5 miles with weights.

BRrrrrrr. Nippy this a.m.!

• TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    HI !!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

I had A GOOD Walk today. Walked to the Beach & Back Home took 1 hour and 35 minutes. There was a overcast of clouds the whole way it Looked like rain, BUT it never came. So I didn't have to wear a hat or get stuck in the heat.
    4.76 miles walked

HAPPY WALKING EVERONE :drinker:
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Did 4 Fast Miles today at "lunch" and will be heading to the gym after dinner for a little fun with the elliptical.

Happy Friday and I figured out my ticker so it's up to date - at least for now :happy:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!:flowerforyou:

I hope you all had a fabulous week!! Today I chose a different route for my walk. I decided to walk across the street to Woodmont Country Club. It was cold, windy and drizzling rain but, not bad enough to head back.:ohwell: It was a very beautiful walk. I enjoyed watching the golfers and the course and area is so pretty!!!! I walked all the way through to Pine Island and back. It was a total of 4 MILES!!! I had a horrible time today with this darn ticker. All the sudden it didn't recognize me and I had to recreate one!!!! Oh well, I figured it out!!!

Have a wonderful weekend walkers!!!!
    Sabrina
    :bigsmile:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~Power Walk/Strong Walk/Alice Walk/Weights 72 minutes 4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4 miles/ 4 with Leslie and a weight workout.
    Wednesday~4 miles coffee with Leslie and the weights
    Thursday~ 84 minutes lost track of time 5 miles and weights.
    Friday~54 minutes 3.5 miles with weights.
    Saturday~weights and 1 mile.

BRrrrrrr. Still Nippy this a.m.! Have a great weekend!

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    love leslie sansone!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I love Leslie too! 4 miles last night and she is always motivating!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I need to try to up my walking in the next few weeks if I want to reach my goal!

If I count what I walk at work I would be REALLY close but I want this to be exercise outside of work. Eventually my work will be something I am used to--takes about a month for that to happen for me usually--and I really want to have a routine besides work!
    I'm getting there, though.

I plan on getting up 15 minutes earlier this week so I can get in 2 miles EVERY work morning. Right now I get 1 mile most days before work.

I hope everyone in the snowy areas is staying warm! Looks like we'll be having rain today and I am going to get a stew going in the crockpot.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options

I hope you all had a fabulous week!! Today I chose a different route for my walk. I decided to walk across the street to Woodmont Country Club. It was cold, windy and drizzling rain but, not bad enough to head back.:ohwell: It was a very beautiful walk. I enjoyed watching the golfers and the course and area is so pretty!!!! I walked all the way through to Pine Island and back. It was a total of 4 MILES!!! I had a horrible time today with this darn ticker. All the sudden it didn't recognize me and I had to recreate one!!!! Oh well, I figured it out!!!

Sabrina

Hello!!! :flowerforyou:

SABRINA!!!! That Was Some Awesome WALK you did to PINE ISLAND. SUPER NICE!!!!! GOOD GIRL!!!!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Group!! :happy:

Today was slighty windy, Cloudy And light rain & I took my umbrella and walked 6.4 miles. I couldn't believe I did it! I kept saying to myself, I must be crazy to do this and along my journey when walking beside the Park I saw another crazy person like me LOL. Im still trying to get over my cold :noway: , I know it sounds pretty stupid But this walking has become addicting..
    I stopped at Kmart along my walk to buy "DAY QUIL" But It cost to much money, I didn't want to spend $7.00 on a 10 oz bottle.
    I Know Im cheap :embarassed:

NICE WALKING EVERYONE :flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Teresa that's great you don't let the weather stop you! It's a sunny day in Minnesota but the roads are messy with dirty snow and slush. I will walk 4-5 miles with Leslie Sansone later. Hope you feel better.
    Jenny
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Well got a total of 6 miles in today.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is off to a good start for the weekend. I did the 4-mile punch up your walk to try and make up for my 830 calorie lunch! :sad: Red Lobster is hard to do even if your tying to be good. My sister took my mom & me out for birthday lunch. I only ate one of those wonderful biscuits. I think I can still stay under my calories if I'm good at dinner though.

I posted on my profile earlier but it seems to have disappeared. I got my labwork results back today on my A1C and mine is now 5.7 and in the normal range. One year ago it was 6.7 and then at 6 months it was 6.4. I quit taking my metformin 3 months ago (because I was having low readings) to see what my results would be and now I'm officially off of the meds. :bigsmile: Now if my blood pressure would do the same I'd be in great shape.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Keep up the good work.

Teresa I love hearing about your walks. I wish I had someplace to walk outside more.

Kathy, your doing great, especially considering all the walking you do at work. But it's admirable that you want to keep a workout routine too.

I love the diversity we have in this group. It really gets harder (I think) to stay committed when you get close to your goals. When you first start out your inspired by the scale moving regularly. When you don't see those drops it's easy to get discouraged and think your not making a difference. It helps me to be involved with this group to keep me going. So thank you all for posting here so often. :flowerforyou:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Terry.....thank you so much! It was a wonderful walk. I really enjoyed it. And I also used the "kids overpass" so that was my incline!!! LOL!!! It's so pretty back there. I always enjoyed how the trees spread out over the street forming a tunnel!!!! I will definitely do that walk again!!!! But, they do not compare to your long walks!!!!! You are doing great!!!:flowerforyou:

Sabrina

Hello!!! :flowerforyou:

SABRINA!!!! That Was Some Awesome WALK you did to PINE ISLAND. SUPER NICE!!!!! GOOD GIRL!!!!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in. I did 3 miles today.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I did JM's 30 Day Shred, Level 1 today. I was sweating and tired. After that I walked 2 miles with Leslie Sansone and did the resistance with the therabands during the walk. I'm tired! Eating healthy today and making good choices so far...
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    got 5 miles in today, that is about all I have done, ToM is coming and no motivation
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    JRBanta - the 30 day shred is tough. I tried it a long time ago and ended up giving it away. I kind of wish I'd kept it so I could try it again now that I'm further along.

Leslie, 5 miles is great. I did the 5 mile WATP advanced walk and that's enough for me too! :smile: